Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Northern NSW Ride

+11
Bosco15
Jimmy the Boy
AL AAAC
Kiwisteve
madmax
paul
Ewok1958
Baz
holdenman
Re-Cycled
Hammy
15 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Northern NSW Ride - Page 2 Empty Northern NSW Ride

Post  Hammy Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

OK. Sorry about getting all excited and rushing in about a stage 2 event.  But I would like to try and organise a long weekend ride sometime in the new year while the weather gods are  still kind to us. My pick would be Drake as a 1-2 overnight base camp. Obviously if some of you guys/gals were coming up from a fare way down , then you will organise rest stops along the way.  There are so many fantastic ride roads all around that area that I'm sure that it would be a great location. John and I did Cowra to Drake comfortably in one day, and he was aboard his Triumph Tractor. I'm not suggesting that that is what everyone should do. Only pointing out that it is pretty easy.  I truly hope that we can get something going and look forward to any ones interest.

Paul,  aka Hammy,   aka Eskimo Joe.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Northern NSW Ride - Page 2 Empty Re: Northern NSW Ride

Post  Hammy Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:08 am

madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:I'm ok for 1March.  I'll put that in the calendar.
OK with that.  As soon as we decide on a date I will ring the Drake Hotel and book the accommodation.  You guys will love it up there.  Hows about you "Jimmy" ?  Coming ?  Paul ? Mad Max ?  Heaps of time to plan it.
Now I'm seriously considering it. Need to check the holiday book at work first. I'll let you know
You won't be sorry.  drunken drunken drunken Sleep
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:12 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce   I'll have my new Yoshi on by then to.  bounce bounce bounce bounce
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Thu 28 Nov 2013, 4:56 pm

I've checked my Calander and I believe I'll be watching television that weekend, sorry.Wink 

It is a busy time for me but I'll put work on notice and see what I can do. Would love to attend another Bandit shindig as an imposter. I'll hardly feel any pain on my super comfy touring cruiser.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 30 Nov 2013, 12:09 pm

I'm in  Very Happy  holidays booked, so don't change the date

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm

madmax wrote:I'm in  Very Happy  holidays booked, so don't change the date
Sounds like March 1st is the go!
I've just told swmbo that I've booked that weekend away Very Happy

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

AL AAAC wrote:March 21 - 23 is out due to the Brissy Moto Expo @ the RNA Show grounds ! So early march is good for us nth of the boarder !!!
I hope you are going to meet up with all the other Queenslanders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Just south of the boarder that is! Razz

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Northern NSW Ride - Page 2 Empty RE: northern nsw ride

Post  AL AAAC Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:42 pm

I remember seeing a riders retreat out near or just west of Drake I think it was a camping set up , not sure is this an option for this ride ??????
AL AAAC
AL AAAC

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:42 am

AL AAAC wrote:I remember seeing a riders retreat out near or just west of Drake I think it was a camping set up , not sure is this an option for this ride ??????
You could camp if you want to, but I like to know that I can go and sit down for a "poo on a loo",  and have a nice hot shower.  The pub has cheap container bunk accommodation as well as the motel units.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 07 Dec 2013, 6:05 pm

Jan has just put her hand up for this little ( for us ) excursion.  Will won't some definite numbers soon, as I will ring Bob and book the motel units. They have one double bed in a seperate room and two singles per unit. So cost is quite good when you have 3-4 in a unit.  Will need to know what nights we are thinking of. I think Jan , John and I will stay fri & sat nights. We can plan a really good ride for the saturday if that suits. Maybe up to Mt Tamborine and back.  There are so many good roads to choose from all around that area.  Lions Rd is a must.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  AL AAAC Sat 07 Dec 2013, 7:09 pm

Oh Man! 

I know theoretically Lions road should be a gem but the reality is quite different , I travelled that way about a month ago and it is just a series of potholes all linked together , unless its been repaired since . I just came back from Grafton to Ormeau this afternoon via Kyogle and the Mt Lyndsay H way the current road condition is so much better although a personal choice I guess !!!
AL AAAC
AL AAAC

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 07 Dec 2013, 7:17 pm

It was a while ago that we did the Lions rd so I guess it will depend.  No probs. Like I said there are so many other great roads.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 07 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm

Just found this thread. 
Keen to do a trip if I can swing the time and get the missus' perch sorted by then. 
I don't quite believe Google maps. Recycled put one up that said 6hours 41min. It takes four hours to Tamworth from Newy and that's not even half way.
What is the plan? To be in Drake on Friday night so we can get up and have a ride Saturday? I might be able to swing a roster day and chuck the missus on when she finishes work. Will see how it pans out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 07 Dec 2013, 10:35 pm

Bosco15 wrote:Just found this thread. 
Keen to do a trip if I can swing the time and get the missus' perch sorted by then. 
I don't quite believe Google maps. Recycled put one up that said 6hours 41min. It takes four hours to Tamworth from Newy and that's not even half way.
What is the plan? To be in Drake on Friday night so we can get up and have a ride Saturday? I might be able to swing a roster day and chuck the missus on when she finishes work. Will see how it pans out.
Yes it would be slow these days up the New England Carpark but the route I posted goes through Gloucester and Walcha, up Thunderbolts Way.
Of course the Hunter Expressway should be up and running by then, which would make a difference.

I'm sure my brother and I made Walcha in 3hrs and 1 tank of fuel. Of course with a pillion and less "spirited" riding it would take longer.

Also that is the quickest/ most direct route, if we looked at some more interesting roads after Armidale it would add to it.

I'm thinking of taking some time off about then, so I might extend the ride on the way home. Very Happy

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Sun 08 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm

I'm considering going on this ride. Brian, would you like to pass by my way and head up there together, just a thought.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 08 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

Has a date been set? Or did I miss something along the way.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:18 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Has a date been set?  Or did I miss something along the way.
As far I can tell its the first weekend in March. Well it better be because that's when I've taken holidays for

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:20 pm

Boatz wrote:I'm considering going on this ride. Brian, would you like to pass by my way and head up there together, just a thought.
Who me???

I'm planning on passing through Cowra. I want to avoid going through Sydney

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:23 pm

madmax wrote:
Boatz wrote:I'm considering going on this ride. Brian, would you like to pass by my way and head up there together, just a thought.
Who me???

I'm planning on passing through Cowra. I want to avoid going through Sydney
Cowra? That would be a riot. Smile

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:30 am

madmax wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:Has a date been set?  Or did I miss something along the way.
As far I can tell its the first weekend in March. Well it better be because that's when I've taken holidays for
Thanks for that Brian - I'll plan to meet you somewhere then if it suits and we can pick up Gary on the way north.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:40 am

Yip. 1st weekend in March. Let me know what nights you're planning on staying and I can book the motel units. There are three units that sleep four. Or three if someone gets the double bedroom to themselves. Am pretty certain that Jan , John and I will travel down on the Friday 28th of Feb. Stay fri and sat nights . head back on sunday. If you can get there on the Friday and rest up that night we can all go for a nice ride on the Saturday and then back to Drake for a nice big night. Head our separate ways on sunday. How does that sound ?  I will ring up Drake today and just check on the accommodation.  There is also cheap beds there if you want. But I think it's nice to have your own bathroom.  Am looking forward to it.

ps.  Remember, John and I did it easily from Cowra to Drake in one day. With a little help from KiwiSteves directions.  Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 09 Dec 2013, 10:58 am

I'll plan on being there on the Sat night. If you head down this direction for your Staurday ride, I'll join up with you for the ride back to Drake. 
Let me know if anyone has a spare bed in their room please

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:I'll plan on being there on the Sat night. If you head down this direction for your Staurday ride, I'll join up with you for the ride back to Drake. 
Or do you mean " spare room in their bed "  KS  Very Happy .  As for Saturday.  I was thinking of taking the guys up Mt Tamborine.  Theres a great pub up there for lunch, St Bernards. And it's a nice ride.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 09 Dec 2013, 2:10 pm

Bugger me!  Just rang the Lunatic Hotel to book a double for 1st of March and some bloody bike group has booked it out. 
Are there any other pubs in town that anyone knows of? The lady said there are bunks available but I don't think the missus likes an audience.  
Had a quick look on the net but ended up in Drake Bay El Salvador. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 09 Dec 2013, 4:47 pm

Hammy wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:I'll plan on being there on the Sat night. If you head down this direction for your Staurday ride, I'll join up with you for the ride back to Drake. 
Or do you mean " spare room in their bed "  KS  Very Happy .  As for Saturday.  I was thinking of taking the guys up Mt Tamborine.  Theres a great pub up there for lunch, St Bernards. And it's a nice ride.
No, no sharing of bed with any of you blokes affraid  Shocked 
St Bernard's is a great pub! Apparently Swanee (John Swan) used to make regular appearances there, as he is /was a local. Just make sure you don't trip over the dog while you're there Very Happy

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  AL AAAC Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

Bosco are you saying that the hotel digs at Drake are all booked out for the planned weekend ?

If so there's the Bikers rest or retreat , can't remember which just west of Drake I think but I am fairly sure it's a camping turnout ? Could be an alternative , what say you's ?
AL AAAC
AL AAAC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum