Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rant Thread

+26
Bosco15
Corsa79
barry_mcki
Re-Cycled
dhula
gazzar
Cal
jeeringjason72
mtbeerwah
Kaupy1962
Kiwisteve
truck
Jimmy the Boy
Baz
kewwig
Ewok1958
NTBill
Rustic
madmax
b12mick
paul
Hammy
SuzySuzuki
gus
2wheelsagain
Cameron
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Empty The Rant Thread

Post  Cameron Wed 13 Mar 2013, 7:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anything pissed you off today? Something you need to say?

You now have a place to have a little rant.

Admin

Back to top Go down

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rant Thread

Post  Hammy Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:01 am

Jimmy.  Your getting your feathers in a knot.  What happened ?  Did that pimply faced, red head kid get the burger flippin job that you had your heart set on.

Seriously. I could not agree with you more. The World is F----D !   At least we can go out and get lost ( in mind ) on our bikes.      Then stop in for a Double Wooper with cheese and a thick shake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:42 am

Hammy wrote: At least we can go out and get lost ( in mind ) on our bikes. Then stop in for a Double Wooper with cheese and a thick shake.
" Would you like fries with that? "  Razz
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:55 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:
Hammy wrote: At least we can go out and get lost ( in mind ) on our bikes. Then stop in for a Double Wooper with cheese and a thick shake.
" Would you like fries with that? "  Razz

Arrrrr.  Old habits die hard eh Jimmy.

Back to top Go down

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:05 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Yep, even in northern Tassie we're getting over run, there's actually two in Launceston, that makes 4 within 100kms of our place Wink

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Maccas10
and yet no Aldi.... shameful, Tasmania, shameful..

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[The Rant Thread - Page 4 Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 25 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

SuzySuzuki wrote:
barry_mcki wrote:Yep, even in northern Tassie we're getting over run, there's actually two in Launceston, that makes 4 within 100kms of our place Wink

We've got a warehouse and 4 stores coming soon but as yet, still none in SA either, when they do arrive they will all be in the Northern and Southern suburbs, nothing for the Eastern or Western Suburbs
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm

Chook wrote:
SuzySuzuki wrote:

We've got a warehouse and 4 stores coming soon but as yet, still none in SA either, when they do arrive they will all be in the Northern and Southern suburbs, nothing for the Eastern or Western Suburbs

You'll just have to pop in here for a coffee when you go shopping then Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:37 am

We got this Maccas drive-thru sorted out down here....

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Funny-10

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 27 Mar 2015, 7:16 am

"Would you like oats with that?"
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 27 Mar 2015, 7:37 am

lol!
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 27 Mar 2015, 8:08 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Right! Now that we've got McDonalds as a subject.... Wagga Wagga has 4 fully functioning and profitable McDonalds " resturants ". But that's not enough, no! They are about a month away from opening their 5th. 5th! It's a country town for fucks sake! It's about 4 Kms down the main Hwy from another one, and on the same side of the road so it's of no advantage to tuckies or the like. The local Council was running a " Waggas next big thing " idea thing not all that long ago. Like the Big Banana in Coffs or Big Marino in Goulburn. I suggested the Big Fat Arse but I haven't heard back yet. Phew, that's better.

The sad fact is Jimmy.......

BUILD IT, AND THEY WILL COME!!!!
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 22 Apr 2015, 5:48 pm

I had a great day at work today, also rode the Bandit there for the 1st time in 6 days (been on the pushy), that'll put a smile on my face most of the time, then........

get home, open the mail and there's a F****** speeding fine in the mail, first thought, it must have been the mrs, I never drive down South Tce Adelaide in our car in the middle of the day, quick check of the calendar, it was 15 minutes before a garden wedding and I drove there  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 58 in a 50 zone, $220, not happy  Mad
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 22 Apr 2015, 6:04 pm

Chook wrote:I had a great day at work today, also rode the Bandit there for the 1st time in 6 days (been on the pushy), that'll put a smile on my face most of the time, then........

get home, open the mail and there's a F****** speeding fine in the mail, first thought, it must have been the mrs, I never drive down South Tce Adelaide in our car in the middle of the day, quick check of the calendar, it was 15 minutes before a garden wedding and I drove there  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 58 in a 50 zone, $220, not happy  Mad

God really! 58! you bloody maniac! Do you know how many people you could have killed with those extra 8kph!
Hang your head in shame

Now go stand in the corner..

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

Bloody hoon .........you're lucky they don't confiscate your car  Laughing

Sth Tce is one of the biggest earners for them........It's stupid that they lowered that one to 50kph and the other main ones are still 60kph  Evil or Very Mad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

The Rant Thread - Page 4 Empty Bike riders doing really stupid shit

Post  Corsa79 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

Hi all as you all know I have been up in north west Qld for last eight years and have had bandit for last 2 years but have ridden bikes since I was 16 in one form or another. I'm a firm believer in time and place and being cautious and ride like everyone else on the road ether not seeing you or not caring. I look at car movements and look into see if drivers see you or not so on. Since moving down to the south east I'm appalled about how many bike riders are doing some really stupid things that will get them killed. My day job is doing deliveries in a medium rigid truck and have seen some dumb things in the last 2 months. I am mindful of bike riders obviously and try to pull over or get out of the road where there are some nice windies. I do a run over into new south wales over the ranges and had one site up my but that close that if breaked they wouldn't see and over douple white lines on blind corners and one place I hit corner a little fast and drifter over double lines which was bad thing buy me but had a stupid bike rider overtaking me at same time and got the head shake which pissed me off. He shouldn't of been overtaking at the time. What is the problem here haven't they been tought properly or are they these new riders having there midlife crises get the best bikes out and do a q ride course and think they know everything? I am really surprised there are not more bike deaths down here from what I have seen so far. I will say though I haven't noticed any of them being on bandits main culprits I have seen are reasonable new CBR 1000, R1 GSXR1000 some hybusas. Good to see some give a wave of appreciation when you let them bye safely. There are also a fair few rood bastards down here to. What does everyone else think? Rant over
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm

I don`t know how to answer that Corsa, except, here`s a few things.

I do a lot of rural drive and ride, as I`m sure you have, and other members do.

There`s some roads I`ve been traveling on, for many many years, that have been almost one lane, or just rural roads, that in the past have had no line markings at all, but 15-20 yrs later, they decide to put double lines down, when every rural road user, has and do use common sense, and that is:  Don`t over take on a BLIND corner, or at the CREAST of a hill, or on dirt to spray rocks, and smash a window. Now to me that seems pretty well common sense, and I don`t need a line to tell me when its safe to pass another vehicle.  

Now these roads, I`ve been traveling on, for a along time, NOW say, I can`t over take a slow vehicle, because it is a double line. Have I been all these years, been braking the law, and at the same time, have never put anyone in a compromising position, caused someone to break in an emergency, or cause an accident. Am I now an incompetent and foolish person if I over take where I would have normally?

I met up with some other riders once, on some windy sections in northern NSW`s a few years ago, and one of them just so happen to be a cop, and has been for 30yrs. What`s the first thing I saw him do when he got behind any slow vehicle? you guessed it, dropped it back a couple of gears, and straight over the double lines, and very very frequently.
We did discuss this in brief, and he just laughed.  He`s also a rider trainer.

I`ve got my own opinions on this matter, but if someone is clearing over taking, when in a common sense situation, they clearly shouldn`t be, then their a wanker, and will cause an accident.

Last edited by mtbeerwah on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 8:56 pm

Hi thanks mtbeerwah. I do agree with you but these places where what I perceived as dangerous places to overtake blind corners very rough road as well where you couldn't see what was coming as I couldn't in the truck. Also common sense isn't that common. I have just seen so many people take massive risks that I wouldn't. Maybe I'm just getting older and have learnt from my mistakes and close calls. One for instance is going out on the road without safety gear. I went up to Binna Burra today couldn't believe it there was a bloke with a pillion both with just shorts and shirt and helmet of course other than the obvious possibility of loosing skin it was bloody cool I needed to pull up to put liner in jacket Very Happy.
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

Well mate, I`ll be 50 next year, and in some ways, I haven`t slowed down, but in other ways, have changed a lot.

I don`t take any uncalculated risks. I will always assess everything as best I can, and in the big picture, city ridding will be your greatest risk, and the main offender will be getting tail ended, while waiting at traffic lights, by some dick texting, or not paying attention.
That's my greatest fear, but always try to pay attention to this, and have a plan when I pull up.

As for the windy roads, I haven`t slowed down at all.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:05 am

mtbeerwah wrote:Well mate, I`ll be 50 next year, and in some ways, I haven`t slowed down, but in other ways, have changed a lot.

I don`t take any uncalculated risks. I will always assess everything as best I can, and in the big picture, city ridding will be your greatest risk, and the main offender will be getting tail ended, while waiting at traffic lights, by some dick texting, or not paying attention.
That's my greatest fear, but always try to pay attention to this, and have a plan when I pull up.

As for the windy roads, I haven`t slowed down at all.

Couldnt agree more on the risk angle.
I'm 51 in a couple of months and I reckon I'm riding better than I ever have. Not slower just better.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 01 May 2015, 1:45 pm

You pair of young whipper snappers! Razz
I saw an absolutely horrific bit of dangerous driving on the Pacific Hwy heading north out of Nambucca Heads a few weeks ago. A person (don't know if male or female) in a car, went left over the fog line on a bend & overtook a semi with his/her left wheels in the grass! Prior to that he/she had overtaken another semi right at the end of an overtaking lane, forcing the semi to take to the grass so dumbass wouldn't be collected by oncoming traffic. I could only imagine what the truck drivers were saying on the 2way radio.
& they say motorcyclists are temporary Australians.

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 01 May 2015, 5:31 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:

LOL ......63 this year , when do I qualify to become  " not temporary "  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sun 03 May 2015, 8:57 pm

paul wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:

LOL ......63 this year , when do I qualify to become  " not temporary "  Laughing

Hmmm scratch In about 10 years Razz

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 03 May 2015, 10:20 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:
paul wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:

Yeah that's when you qualify for geriatric Razz

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 03 May 2015, 10:33 pm

madmax wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:
paul wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:

I could be bloody dead by then .......... pale Question Hang on , that would make me a temporary Australian then  The Rant Thread - Page 4 1765767337 Razz Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Tue 05 May 2015, 7:57 pm

paul wrote:
madmax wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:
paul wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:

I could be bloody dead by then .......... pale Question Hang on , that would make me a temporary Australian then  The Rant Thread - Page 4 1765767337 Razz Laughing
Nah, you won't be dead then, you're only just into middle age now, apparently, from what I heard today!
They say the early 60's is the new middle age. So that means you'll have to keep working another 30 odd years yet Paul affraid

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 05 May 2015, 8:00 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:
paul wrote:
madmax wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:
paul wrote:
Kiwisteve wrote:

Nah, you won't be dead then, you're only just into middle age now, apparently, from what I heard today!
They say the early 60's is the new middle age. So that means you'll have to keep working another 30 odd years yet Paul affraid

My Boss has put you up to this hasn't he ! Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum