Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain Cleaning - Removal?

+11
gazzar
2wheelsagain
barry_mcki
#Tag
BanditDave
Hammy
Bosco15
reddog
madmax
Jimcoleman
Ewok1958
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 Empty Chain Cleaning - Removal?

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 19 Jun 2014, 9:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is probably a dumb question and may have been covered before (seems to be lots of threads about chains), but if I want to take the chain off to give it a really good clean, do I have to break the chain or can it be removed in tact?  Hope this isn't a completely stupid question.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Chain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Chain Cleaning - Removal?

Post  gazzar Sat 21 Jun 2014, 7:41 pm

Thought i was fucking pedantic......................... not so sure now       Chain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCChain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCChain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------
4 those who believe,no proof is necessary.
4 those who don't...... no proof is possible.                                                                                     

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 21 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

gazzar wrote:Thought i was fucking pedantic......................... not so sure now       Chain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCChain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCChain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 12ug1Y3M1aQZYLtabbQoNpxDE5vx7odAIbi9OOMRP8ACTzSZjVFWhZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
It would have been easy for you, while you had the swing arm out to give it it's monthly polish you could have just slipped the chain off without cutting it Wink
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzar Sat 21 Jun 2014, 11:10 pm

LOL..................  Very Happy 

2015 F6C 1800
naked Gold Wing.
let the mod begin
------------------------
4 those who believe,no proof is necessary.
4 those who don't...... no proof is possible.                                                                                     

gazzar
gazzar

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 22 Jun 2014, 6:10 am

2wheelsagain wrote:I have a special 3 sided brush that cost me all of $8 on eBay.
Dip it in kero and brush the crap off the chain. Wipe down with partners best knickers to remove any lose grit and re lube. Wipe any excess spatter off with same knickers then hide them.  No 
Takes all of 15 minutes.  cheers

Similar to this.
Chain Cleaning - Removal? - Page 2 How-to-take-care-of-your-bike-s-chain-part-2-70658_6

You were ripped 2W.  I just ordered one on Fleabay and it only cost me 3 bucks something.  Very Happy   Thanks for the heads up.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2