Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkevic Headers Installed

+18
Dekenai
Sloth_27
rolls
aussie
Classypete
madmax
gus
barry_mcki
Re-Cycled
Mpottsy
owned
Bandit Gazza
kewwig
paul
Reardo
Jimmy the Boy
reddog
Hammy
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Empty Delkevic Headers Installed

Post  Hammy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Imgp0014Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Imgp0013Up and out into the shed at 5am this morning. Bugger this Heat Wave. Everything went pretty smoothly. I think I only swore once....or twice. The Delkevic kit is very good. Nice welds and bends. Simple to follow instructions. All you need included. Header gaskets, silicon goo, springs, and a spring puller. The collection pipe comes with the threaded hole to fit the O2 sensor back in. I have done this as the O2 sensor eliminator that I have ordered has not arrived yet. The weight difference is HUGE ! Christ that original set up is heavy. Saves me going on a New Years diet. Rolling Eyes. Only took me about 2 hours to complete the fit. No leaks and a much deeper note than before. As I have said before. Great kit. If you are contemplating new headers. These are a fantastic buy at the price. And by the way. Only took SEVEN days to arrive. Heres a couple of pics: Test ride: WoW. Even with just the old O2 sensor reinstalled the difference is enormous. Feels and sounds great. I think I will put her on a Dyno soon .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Empty Re: Delkevic Headers Installed

Post  barry_mcki Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

Found the reference to the black/white trace wire #23, it was on this site after all - link

Here is a repeat of the photo taken from the link that identifies the correct black/white trace wire on the small ECM connector. As mentioned by others, the By-pass connector seems to be a better way to go, playing arround with wire cutters next to the ECM is not for the faint hearted.

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Img_0010

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:40 pm

Hi Barry,

Yep I cut the wire as shown in the pic you posted.

As you have a PCV with autotune and I'm thinking of get one to replace my Healtech FI Tuner Pro, have you ever looked at the trim tables for your setup. Could you tell me how high the values go up to in the cells over 5000 RPM and above 50% throttle.

My unit only goes up to +30 and I think its not enough to get my setup working well above 5000 RPM on higher throttle positions.

Rog..
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:22 am

This is the dump of the Trim table that I'm running at the moment along with the dynotune results:

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Pc-v_t10
Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Dyno_t10

Due to my rig the tuneup had to be done on a car roller with the sidecar wheel jacked up - so we believe the power output could even be a fraction more due to the angle of the rear wheel on the roller not giving us a perpendicular tire profile to the roller. The RPM's shown are also not accurate, again due to the way the dynotune was configured.

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Img_2014

Autotune is switched off and unfortunately I can't remember what the actual AFR we setup - but it was different for the higher RPM, next time I have the bike next to the laptop I'll take a snap shot. I have seen on the PC-V site a shot where it shows trim readings of 62, but as you can see my max was +17.

My setup is PC-V with OEM O2 bypass installed, A-TRE (5th gear setting), secondaries removed, TPS set, throttle bodies synced, Arrow headers, R77 Yoshi, air box with complete top removed, K&N filter, 17 tooth front cog, 205/45-17 rear tire, and big grin on my dial.

Last edited by barry_mcki on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

So thats how much HP you have when you go round a corner. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

Many thanks Barry,

Your map looks very similar to one I have and we have nearly identical setups, so I have to look elsewhere for the problem now.

Secondary butterfiles out and checking the fuel pump filer is next, but I'm on hoilday now untill late Feb so it will have to wait.

I'll get back to you with what I find.

Thanks again you have been very helpful.

Rog.
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 10 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

I Installed Delkevic Headers on my 2004 1200S yesterday. All went pretty smoothly, the hardest part was trying to stop the crush gaskets from falling out as I was installing the pipes. They are well made and weigh a fraction of the OEM ones.
Arrived in 7 days exactly. I dealt with Ron from Delkevic UK he was magnificent to deal with. The reason they get to Aus so quickly is they are shipped from CHINA like everything else. Whether they are manufactured there or its just a warehouse I'm not sure, but as I said they are well made. The UK site was a hell of a lot cheaper than the US site for the 1200 item. in fact the fella on the US site recommended I go to the UK site. They were 199 pound delivered which last week worked out to $AU314. BARGIN! Very Happy If you want to see what they look like, refer to hammys photos. Will post a review of performance once I've gone for a decent ride. Cheers Jimmy.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

Good one. A small dab of the gasket silicon helps keep the header gaskets in place..
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Mon 11 Feb 2013, 8:44 pm

Thats exactly what I did Hammy, but one of them would still manage to pop out at the most inappropriate moment, ( The gaskets that is.... Embarassed ).
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 17 Mar 2013, 11:55 pm

crimsondawn wrote:Hey Hammy. Did you ever get round to putting her on the Dyno? Any problem with the fit?
Mine are ready to collect at the PO but while I've been waiting for them to arrive, I've found (on the net) a few ppl who bought them who couldn't get them to fit.

No dyno run as yet. Will do. And not really too hard to fit. Just take your time. The last pipe is the hardest, but just keep everything loose so that you can riggle it. Comes with goo. Apply a little to the new header gaskets that come in the kit so that they stay in the exhaust ports. I'm sure you will be more than happy with the result.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 19 Mar 2013, 9:21 am

Waiting ,waiting .Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Tue 19 Mar 2013, 1:47 pm

Crimsondawn, mine all went in to the same depth. I did however struggle with one as it had a flat spot on the end where it looks as though it was dropped. I managed to fit a ball hammer in the pipe and bend it back almost perfectly but it took some convincing to go in as far as the others. Im sure they all went in till they could go no further. I didn't receive any fitting instructions but I emailed Ron and he emailed them straight away. I know its unAustralian to read them but they were quite handy and reassuring to have. Pitty about the springs not being there, just a small delay I suppose. ( at least you'll end up with a spare ). My only suggestion is have a second pair of hands available whilst fitting them ( even the misses will do Smile ) really handy to hold things in place when adjusting bolts as everything moves when loose. Goodluck mate and please contact me if you think I can offer anymore help. Regards Jimmy.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Tue 19 Mar 2013, 1:54 pm

PS. mine are different to yours and Hammys as I have the 2004 1200s Carby model. Yours should look the same as Hammys with the longer angled collector box. STI-REX has the same as mine so you could check his pics as a comparison.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:46 pm

They look a lot better with the 2 45 degree bends on the inner pots 2 & 3, I would guess they are more free flowing with a less restricition than the single 90 degree bend.

Can't see them interfering with the oil filter, although it might be fun getting it on and off. I did an oil change and replaced the filter when I had the headers off, a lot easier for at least for that one time.

Should look (and go) good when you get it put back together.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:50 am

This is a problem with the Arrow headers as well, I had to improvise with a slight "ventalation" modification using the trusty Dremel on mine as the pipe was resting on the fairing:

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Img_1913
Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Img_1912

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 20 Mar 2013, 3:21 pm

...also known as a go fast hole Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

Which is going to be cut to the same shape (but smaller ) as the vent hole in front of it ,so it looks though its meant to be there , isnt it .Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 20 Mar 2013, 8:21 pm

This isnt rocket science , surely Dev. tested them to know they fit properly . I'm guessing they have made more than 1 set .
No one could be that stupid could they ??????Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 21 Mar 2013, 12:43 am

gus wrote:This isnt rocket science , surely Dev. tested them to know they fit properly . I'm guessing they have made more than 1 set .
No one could be that stupid could they ??????Very Happy

Come on Gus, manufacturers actually checking that their part fit, I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy...

Delkevic Headers Installed - Page 2 Tooth-10

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 21 Mar 2013, 7:02 am

Am I right in assuming that by not having a cat these would make your bike unroadworthy?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 21 Mar 2013, 9:24 am

So how many do they make before someone says " gee ,they dont fit" (in Chinese of cause ) ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 21 Mar 2013, 9:55 am

Not giving them any excuses but the hassle as I see it is that the demand is so low they do ususally only make one setof header per model. When I was looking for lowers I found 5 different styles, then there is the assortment of Belly Pans. It is an anoyance that they even interfered with the Suzuki fairing, you would think as a minimum they would have tested it on that version. At least it looks like Delkevic is listening to the feedback and have done something about it.

I think it is a conspiricy and that Arrow is part owner with Dremel and they made it interfer on purpose to sell more tools Very Happy

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 21 Mar 2013, 1:20 pm

Hardware shop sells springs .Very Happy Replace it later .

How the colour of them looking Hammy .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:01 pm

gus wrote:Hardware shop sells springs .Very Happy Replace it later .

How the colour of them looking Hammy .

Light gold with a touch of blueing at tthe top of the headers. They still sound great though. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 21 Mar 2013, 2:17 pm

crimsondawn wrote:
gus wrote:So how many do they make before someone says " gee ,they dont fit" (in Chinese of cause ) ?
Still not sure of mine yet. I have got all four downpipes in so that the flanges are all square with each other, but one pipe I had to slide out of the collector about 20mm in order for it to line up.
When I get the springs, I will be putting each of the downpipes in and nipping them up, then check at the collector end to see if they are all the same length.
At the moment I have my doubts as to that being the case. Fingers crossed that I am wrong, 'cos I don't want to be taking my headers off, then putting them back on again.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. Mine fitted perfectly. Hope they line up. Did you dont get springs ? I did. Even a little spring puller, gaskets and goo.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Classypete Sun 24 Mar 2013, 10:58 am

What was the goo for? I used my stock gaskets cause I had less then 1000km on my fa.

Classypete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next