Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkevic Headers Installed

+18
Dekenai
Sloth_27
rolls
aussie
Classypete
madmax
gus
barry_mcki
Re-Cycled
Mpottsy
owned
Bandit Gazza
kewwig
paul
Reardo
Jimmy the Boy
reddog
Hammy
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Delkevic Headers Installed Empty Delkevic Headers Installed

Post  Hammy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

Delkevic Headers Installed Imgp0014Delkevic Headers Installed Imgp0013Up and out into the shed at 5am this morning. Bugger this Heat Wave. Everything went pretty smoothly. I think I only swore once....or twice. The Delkevic kit is very good. Nice welds and bends. Simple to follow instructions. All you need included. Header gaskets, silicon goo, springs, and a spring puller. The collection pipe comes with the threaded hole to fit the O2 sensor back in. I have done this as the O2 sensor eliminator that I have ordered has not arrived yet. The weight difference is HUGE ! Christ that original set up is heavy. Saves me going on a New Years diet. Rolling Eyes. Only took me about 2 hours to complete the fit. No leaks and a much deeper note than before. As I have said before. Great kit. If you are contemplating new headers. These are a fantastic buy at the price. And by the way. Only took SEVEN days to arrive. Heres a couple of pics: Test ride: WoW. Even with just the old O2 sensor reinstalled the difference is enormous. Feels and sounds great. I think I will put her on a Dyno soon .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Delkevic Headers Installed Empty Re: Delkevic Headers Installed

Post  reddog Fri 11 Jan 2013, 3:31 pm

Well done Hammy. They look good, glad they do the trick. I'd expect they were heaps cheaper than the arrows.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

They look magnificent Hammy, great job! I'll get on the site this weekend & see if they have an old set
for a prehistoric 1200s left out the back somewhere. ALTHOUGH, Ive had mine dialled in on the dyno to
run sweetly with the standard headers and Yoshi slip-on. Do you think new headers would put it out of whack?
I know very little about intake & exhaust stuff.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 5:00 pm

reddog wrote:Well done Hammy. They look good, glad they do the trick. I'd expect they were heaps cheaper than the arrows.

Yip. $369:81 delivered. Plus I think the O2 eliminator is the way to go, and that was only about $30.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

Ps. Could you turn down that fork reflector a bit please? its like watching an eclipse. affraid
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 11 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

Awesome work mate, They look good. We should have a sound off.
The Delkevic 4 in to 1 Vs The Arrows 4 in to 2 in to 1 headers. cheers

Not sure how the o2 bypass thing works or if it works without the hole Power commander thing.
Anyone know?????

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:22 pm

lookin good Hammy Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

Reardo wrote:Awesome work mate, They look good. We should have a sound off.

Not sure how the o2 bypass thing works or if it works without the hole Power commander thing.
Anyone know?????
O2 bypass works well with no other mods. Slight improvement in low speed running, that's all.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:39 am

paul wrote:lookin good Hammy Very Happy

Why thank you Paul. EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed Ohhhh you mean the bike.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:41 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Ps. Could you turn down that fork reflector a bit please? its like watching an eclipse. affraid

I'll try.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:43 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:They look magnificent Hammy, great job! I'll get on the site this weekend & see if they have an old set
for a prehistoric 1200s left out the back somewhere. ALTHOUGH, Ive had mine dialled in on the dyno to
run sweetly with the standard headers and Yoshi slip-on. Do you think new headers would put it out of whack?
I know very little about intake & exhaust stuff.

They do a set for the 1200's. They are a bigger bore size, because the OEM's are double walled pipes. So narrow and bloody heavy.

Last edited by Hammy on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:46 am

Reardo wrote:Awesome work mate, They look good. We should have a sound off.

Not sure how the o2 bypass thing works or if it works without the hole Power commander thi
Anyone know?????

It looks so much cleaner now Reardo. I think I am unleashing the Beast within. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Gazza Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:13 am

Nice work they look great and thats an awesome price for a full set of headers, where in the rev range are you feeling the difference ?

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

[I quote="Bandit Gazza"]Nice work they look great and thats an awesome price for a full set of headers, where in the rev range are you feeling the difference ?[/quote]

I Have not had a chance to give it a really good test yet but I could definately feel more power and it was right through the range in all gears. I suppose it could be even better with a power commander. ??? For the money I am more than happy. Will give another report when I recieve and fit the O2 sensor eliminator.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sat 12 Jan 2013, 2:34 pm

Hammy, Ive written a little note to Delkevic USA to see if they are willing to match the price you paid as I can only find them for $279 plus $175 delivery which seems a bit steep. Heres hoping.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 12 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

kewwig wrote:
Reardo wrote:
Anyone know?????
O2 bypass works well with no other mods. Slight improvement in low speed running, that's all.
Ok, cool. Thanks mate

Hammy wrote:
Reardo wrote:Awesome work mate, They look good.
I think I am unleashing the Beast within. Twisted EvilTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Your inner Beast or the bikes?? Laughing
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 13 Jan 2013, 7:16 am

crimsondawn wrote:Only headers I can see on their site are for the 1200. Are they inter-changeable?

No, they are'nt interchangable. Here is their ad : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190779482741 I'm not sure if they have any in stock at the moment but drop them an email. Luke is the guy and he is very good to deal with. He will let you know as soon as a set becomes available.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 13 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

crimsondawn wrote:How accessible is the filter now?

Just the same as standard. From the left side.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 30 Jan 2013, 6:07 pm

[quote="crimsondawn"]Now I got a reply from Delkevic USA saying they had 2 sets in stock.
Case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.[/quoteI dont think they have them in the UK yet. Deal with the US branch.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:10 pm

Hi Hammy,

Have you tried doing a plug chop to see if the mixture is running ok. I have the same headers and silencer but am running so lean that I get a loss of power over 5000 RPM. I use an FI Tuner Pro to richen the mix up, but its still not enough to get the mixture anywhere rich enough.

Rog.
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:52 am

I cannot fault the performance of mine at all. I have done the secondaries extract, chopped the air box lid with hi flo filter, fitted the O2 sensor eliminator.. Heaps of power right across the range. When I get a chance I will just get a TB sync and tune with a Dyno run. The OEM ECU seems to be doing a good job. A dyno tune will probably tell what is what.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:49 am

owned wrote:Have you tried doing a plug chop to see if the mixture is running ok. I have the same headers and silencer but am running so lean that I get a loss of power over 5000 RPM. I use an FI Tuner Pro to richen the mix up, but its still not enough to get the mixture anywhere rich enough.

have you checked your TPS position? if not see the TB/sync post in mechanical it explains how to ensure you have the correct reading.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  owned Thu 31 Jan 2013, 6:14 pm

I’ve not checked the TPS the standard way, but the FI Tuner Pro unit I use can do a TPS calibration and I have done this. In fact you have to calibrate the TPS before it allows the unit to run for the first time.

I put the stock air filter back in today instead of the K&N and its opened the top end performance up a bit. There is less bogging down and the engine revs more freely up high. There is still a slight loss of power after 7000 rpm above 60% throttle, but its better than it was which still leads me to believe that its still running a little lean up there.

The stock air filter feels quite different from the K&N. There is a noticeable loss of power everywhere, and it’s really tamed the engine. Its like you need to apply more throttle to get the same performance as you did when the K&N was in place. The days of the 3rd gear power wheelies are over now the stock filter is back in.

The bike has only done 5000 km, so I’m not sure the TB’s would be out of sync that much, unless they were way out from the factory. The 2 things I know are that 5 weeks ago before I put on the new headers, silencer, cut wire 23 to disable the O2 sensor, fitted an FI Tuner pro unit and a K&N filter with completely cut off air box lid the bike ran really well. Since all that lot I’ve had problems. The second thing I know is that when the bike is cold, it runs fine. And putting in the stock filter, which is a lot more restrictive than the K&N, has opened up the higher end of the rev range a bit. Its all leading me to believe I’m running too lean at more open throttle positions in the higher rev ranges. I could be wrong but I can't think of anything else. But I’m not sure why this would happen on my bike and not on Hammys, as we have an identical exhaust system and the O2 sensor bypassed. I don’t think that his hi flo air filter can be any more restrictive than my stock filter, let alone the K&N I have.

The other thing I’ve considered is a blocked fuel filter. I’ve had a blocked fuel filter on my Ducati and that would pull hard from stop for a while but not accelerate from high speeds if you cracked the throttle wide open, which are signs of a blocked fuel filter. The 1250 is not doing this, so I don’t think it’s the fuel filter, but I can check it to eliminate it.

Rog.
owned
owned

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Thu 31 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

Good point about fuel, have you seen this thread? https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t1379-fuel-pump-fix

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:42 pm

Just a thought Owned, I remember reading there was confusion on which wire is #23 as the connector is numbered differently to the circuit diagram, are you sure you have got the right wire because if the O2 sensor is still in circuit it could be causing the ECM to overcompensate for the other changes you have done and be working against you. I think it was on TWT where they went into which was the correct wire.

As I installed a PC-V I never had these problems of being too lean up top. As the PC-V Autotune module has it's own wideband O2, I got rid of the OEM narrow band sensor and wiring.

Delkevic Headers Installed Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next