Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DELKEVIC HEADERS

+8
2wheelsagain
kewwig
barry_mcki
gus
ausrock50
Hammy
Ewok1958
doogie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DELKEVIC HEADERS Empty DELKEVIC HEADERS

Post  doogie Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

HI all just thought i would put my first post up regarding these delkevic headers. i have been trying to buy these f.... things for months now and when i saw them on Hammys bike to say i was p.... off would be a understatement, not your fault hammy if you read this i was just jealous. I used all your info and links etc. but got no answers. I rang delkevic aust twice not even a reply, apparantly they are closing up and changing hands at the moment,still no f.....excuse business here in aus need to change their f.... attitude if they dont want us to buy overseas.Anyway on a more happy note i contacted delkevic UK. Ron got back to me straight away and said yes will be available for the 1250 bandit end of march, price 216.66 pounds inc delivery. Anyway after a quick couple of emails and ph calls he said they left today from china and are now in stock. If any one on the forum wants these give Ron a email or a ph call, he is a fantastic bloke to deal with and nothing was too hard for him to make me happy, and i said i would put this info on the aussi forum for his excellent service. sales@delkevic.co.uk ph no 00111782338749 they are 9 hours behind us, if you have a voip ph it will cost you a whopping 6 cents a minute cheers Doogie.

doogie

Back to top Go down

DELKEVIC HEADERS Empty Re: DELKEVIC HEADERS

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 9:56 pm

Was the price VAT exclusive - it should have been?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:27 am

I got mine through the US Delkevic site. They have been getting them for a few months now. Their service was fantastic also.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  ausrock50 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 5:05 pm

Yes...it's quite sad but none the less true about aussie service doogie and you only have to go through forums here and other places to see just how bad it has become.Twisted Evil

Aussies get and give shit service generally. Sad

I do a lot of travelling and the difference between service in other countries and here is huge. Shocked

Like lose a travel bag in Aus and see how hard they try to find it for you. You will be lucky if you hear anything in reply yet I have had baggage go misssing in Philippines and they have delivered it personally to my hotel by the airport staff.

I really don't understand it. confused So much for buy Aussie. No
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 01 Mar 2013, 5:10 pm

She'll be right mate ,someone else will fix it .Sad
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  ausrock50 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 6:59 pm

She'll be right mate ,someone else will fix it .

lol!lol!lol!lol!

You got in one I think Gus.
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:58 am

crimsondawn wrote:I emailed Delkevic US a week ago and so far I have had no response from them.
They obviously do not need the business Sad.

That is strange. I had the best correspondece and service from them. Sorry I cannot pass on the email address I used as my email " crashed " and I lost everything.. Give them another email. Best of luck.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Mar 2013, 11:47 am

I doubt very much if Mr Suzuki would have altered the headers on the 1250. A suzuki dealer can tell you by checking the part numbers. Stick with it. The end result is well worth it. Have you done your air box and secondaries ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:16 pm

crimsondawn wrote:Haven't done either of those mods. I have the Healtech ATRE gear display unit and the Healtech guy said there was no need to remove the secondaries as the ATRE unit does the same thing.

What ? I don't think so. JMO, but I think the airbox and secondaries are an essentual mod if you have an aftermarket can. Even more so with a/m headers. Air restriction is the biggest let down on most standard bikes. I can only comment from my own experince with mine, and the transformation was very noticable. ( Big smile on my face ) I will start a new post to see what other riders views are .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Mar 2013, 2:03 pm

With them gone there is NO air restriction right across the rev range. Down low. Full flow. High. Full flow.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 02 Mar 2013, 3:31 pm

Doesn't the ATRE give you an ignition curve in the lower gears the same as that for 5th or 6th whilst removing the secondary butterflies gives less restrictive air flow. Seems to me you would want to have both for overall improvement.

DELKEVIC HEADERS Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 02 Mar 2013, 4:24 pm

They are not for a Bandit. They have sent the wrong pic.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:42 pm

crimsondawn wrote:Yeah, but regarding the secondaries, if the ATRE unit controls them according to throttle position or RPM, what extra benefit would be gained?

The ATRE just fools the bike into thinking it's in 5th and makes little difference on a 1250. It certainly doesn't tell the secondaries to do anything. I run a Healtech one and you can't tell if it's on or off. The biggest plus is the gear indicator.

The secondary removal gives much faster throttle response as air flow is controlled then by the primary butterflies without the computer limiting the power. I have always suspected that part of the reason for them is to make the power transition less abrupt so they don't get sued by muppets who grab a handful of throttle and loop it on themselves.....

I have tried it standard with the secondaries out, then pipe and filter, airbox mod etc and now run stage 2 Dale Walker mods. I haven't seen anyone regret removing the secondaries. I don't. With the Stage 2 mods and the secondaries in it's a bit more strangled. Go with Dale's setup, it's well researched, plug and play. A PCV will give similar results, but to do it justice you need dyno time.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

The ATRE influences the secondaries in that the differing gear maps will determine the throttle response and secondary position, so Healtech aren't wrong as such. On a Bandit the secondary removal works well. There's a good discussion on ATRE function at http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews/GiProATRE.html

Dale Walker has done hundreds of dyno runs to get power, torque etc just optimal, so I have followed his school of thought.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:01 pm

Oh, and BTW the gear position switches oil up and can give erratic readings on the ATRE readout. I have seen my bike show "0" from 4th gear up until the switch was cleaned. This can affect the map and the secondary opening as well, but you wouldn't know without the ATRE fitted. I suspect this may be why some results can differ on the same model bikes.

The usual symptom of a gunged switch is a neutral light that will only come on when the side stand is lowered

Here's the fix: http://kewwibike.blogspot.co.nz/2010/12/gear-position-indicator.html

Last edited by kewwig on Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a link)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:16 pm

Has anyone done a pre and post secondary removal dyno run?
Show me the numbers and I will be a beliver Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Has anyone done a pre and post secondary removal dyno run?

Check the dyno charts Dale has on the www.holeshot.com site. Looks like more power and torque from about 5,000 rpm onwards with secondary removal. There's other mods too, but the difference between two of the runs was secondary removal

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:05 pm

kewwig wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:Has anyone done a pre and post secondary removal dyno run?

Check the dyno charts Dale has on the www.holeshot.com site. Looks like more power and torque from about 5,000 rpm onwards with secondary removal. There's other mods too, but the difference between two of the runs was secondary removal

Can't see the run you mention mate. Unless you refer to the stock v stage 2 (almost).
I'm talking about a back to back mod only.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 02 Mar 2013, 9:32 pm

I was sceptical as well but probably the best mod .Besides, it costs nothing ,is reverisable ,though no one ever has . That in itself says something .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:22 am

I too was somewhat skeptical about the benefit. But the seat of my pants told me I was wrong. Definately pulls harder. Power stands in 1st & 2nd. Never used to.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:02 pm

Crimsondawn, email Ron Thompson at ron@delkevic.co.uk he was fantastic. I ordered my headers in Jan & they were here in 6 days from China warehouse. I didn't go through ebay, he just sent me an invoice on line and I paid with paypal. 199 pound landed cost which worked out to be $314 at that time, complete with all you need ( gaskets, goo, spring puller ), and really well packed. Any questions I asked were answered overnight. Very happy with the product and service. Goodluck Jimmy.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:37 pm

Sorry mate I forgot to mention I have the old 2004 1200s not the 1250 but I can't see there would be any drama there. Smile
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:36 pm

crimsondawn wrote:Got an immediate response from Ron at Delkevic UK. £216.67 VAT free, delivered to Oz.
The US branch can go jump Smile.

Don't know what happened to the States guys. Hope you are happy when you get them anyway. Keep us posted.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:54 am

crimsondawn wrote:Got to stop buying.......................some day Very Happy.
Naaaaa. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

DELKEVIC HEADERS Empty Re:Delkevic Headers

Post  bruiser2310 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:38 pm

I just got off the phone to Delkevic after looking up all the posts on Headers.
Hammy`s post got me in and Ron Thomson was his name at Delkevic
He took all my details and will send from China
He recons less than a week.Thats good cause my bandit is in pieces.
Doing the whole hog,brake fluid,coolant oil and filter,air filter too.
From what I am understanding from most of you the air/fuel mixture will need to be checked after headers are fitted
and maybe dyno as well?
I might wait till all done and go for a blat,see what happens.
Cheers Gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next