Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers

3 posters

Go down

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Empty Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers

Post  doubleD Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:11 am

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Img_4619

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Img_4618
I picked up my Kit June 11, 2014.  The Kit no longer supplies the paste; it is not listed on the inventory sheet, in the USA anyway.  The head pipes have a slip fit into the collector. I believe that these are much easier to install after reading other years installation problems.
I bolted the collector to the frame, loosely.  I used my exhaust paste on the inside of the collector and the pipe. I installed one pipe at a time.  The last pipe did not align properly with the exhaust port and I got out the Rubber Mallet.  The problem was the exhaust pipe collar slipped all the way down (notice that collar in the first photo).  Keep an eye on those collars.  
I really like the added clearance underneath and probably more room to get the oil filter out to the left.
Now I'm trying to get the Radiator cap assembly off.  Doing the Plugs & PAIR now which are harder than the headers.  And hopefully the Butterflies.
Thanks for everyone's posted information and responses.

doubleD

Back to top Go down

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Empty Re: Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers

Post  Hammy Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:27 am

Did you get yourself an O2 eliminator. You will need one with the free flow headers.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Empty Re: Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers

Post  doubleD Mon 30 Jun 2014, 6:56 am

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers 100_1913
Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers 100_2010
I sniped the wire to the ECU recommended by Healtech.  This fools the computer and does not set a code or light on dash. The previous owner installed a PC3 but did not eliminate the O2 sensor.  It was running rich before I did this.  After doing removing the Butterflies, I'm taking it to a Dyno.

doubleD

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:49 am

With the Butterflies, some focused heat from a pencil torch and a good fitting small cross tip screw driver should do the trick.  Contray to what has been wrote in the past you don't need a JIS screw driver just a good quality #0, well at least I didn't.  Apply the flame to heat the head of the screw for about 15 - 20 seconds then try un-screwing, there should be a small crack sound as you break the lock-tite on the treads.  If it's too tight try a little more heat.  

Do one screw at a time - and don't pickup the screws with your fingers like I did - they're bloody hot  Embarassed

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Img_1911

Another tip is that you don't need to undo the throttle cables, there is enough slack to bring the injector bodies out the right side of the bike once you have moved the air box back, undone the main round electrical connector, a couple of air and fuel pipes and slipped the bodies out of the block boots.  By leaving the throttle intact saves you grief when putting everything back together.  I also used large rubber jaw clamps on either side of the throttle bodies to seat them back in the boots on re-assembly.

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Img_1312
Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Img_1313

Updated/redesigned Delkevic Headers Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down