Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake lines

3 posters

Go down

Brake lines Empty Brake lines

Post  banditman Sun 23 May 2010, 11:33 am

have noticed an increasing sponginess to my brakes recentlym that has developed since new (4000km) Not air (check by bleeding) but think it could be the standard brake lines. Brakes still work well but could be better. Anyone know a reliable source of quality stainless braided lines?

banditman

Back to top Go down

Brake lines Empty Re: Brake lines

Post  stretch Sun 23 May 2010, 11:56 am

I just fitted a full set (front and rear) of Hel braided lines to my 1250S. After looking around i ended up getting them from a mob with an English website but operate out of Bulgaria. My son also bought lines for his Aprilia from them a few months ago .
Very good customer service and communication from them. Delivery time a bit slow around 2 weeks, but i would highly recommend them. I too was getting a spongy brake feel more the rear than the front, but after fitting the lines (pretty easy job that took all up around one and a half hours front and rear) the most time was spent bleeding the front brakes.

www.cobraperformancebrakelines.co.uk
The lady i dealt with is Sue Toy at sue.custombiker@hotmail.com

I paid around $AUD 120 including postage for the front and rear lines.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Sun 23 May 2010, 7:46 pm

They look like a good deal. It says on the web site they comply with ADRs, is there a stamp or similar on the brake lines?

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Mon 24 May 2010, 8:46 am

1836 wrote:They look like a good deal. It says on the web site they comply with ADRs, is there a stamp or similar on the brake lines?

No nothing i could see that indicated ADR approved. They look exactly the same as the Galfer lines i fitted to my DR650.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Brake lines Empty Re brake lines

Post  banditman Mon 24 May 2010, 10:22 am

Thanks for your help

banditman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: