Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable?

3 posters

Go down

GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable? Empty GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable?

Post  kodde Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

Hello everyone.

I did a search to see if I could find any GSX1250FA user here who had changed the brake lines on their bike. But I could only find threads regarding GSF lines being changed. I'm having a hard time finding any GSX1250 braided brake line kits available. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable?

The OEM brake lines have different part numbered between a 2009 GSF1250SA and a 2011 GSX1250FA. But according to the schematics they look pretty much the same to me. I'd post these as proper links, but I can't yet since I just registered.

2009 GSF1250SA OEM schematic and parts
alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm?fpg=/spst/2009/2009%20GSF1250SA/22.htm
2011 GSX1250FA OEM schematic and parts
alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm?fpg=/spst/2011/2011%20GSX1250FA_E28/21.htm

Thanks guys.

kodde

Back to top Go down

GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable? Empty Re: GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable?

Post  kewwig Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:53 pm

They will probably fit. The biggest difference is that the front hose manifold has bleed valves on it on the GSX. The calipers, ABS unit and master cylinder is the same, so it's worth a go
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable? Empty Re: GSX1250FA brake lines? Are GSF1250SA lines interchangeable?

Post  kodde Tue 04 Dec 2012, 4:22 am

Thanks kewwig.

If anyone else has any info on this as well I'd be grateful.

kodde

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:10 pm

I got a quote for a set for my gsx1250. About $ 470 ,can't remember if that included fitting. I was put off the idea after Cameron had so much trouble with his ABS model. (bleeding)

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  kodde Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:18 pm

Boatz wrote:I got a quote for a set for my gsx1250. About $ 470 ,can't remember if that included fitting. I was put off the idea after Cameron had so much trouble with his ABS model. (bleeding)

Thanks for the reply. Cameron had issues due to the fact that he has steel braided lines instead of OEM rubber ones?
I still haven't figured out the difference between ABS and Non-ABS lines. From what I can tell there's an extra hose(electrical?) running to the ABS sensor. But it does not in any way seem connected to the regular brake hoses? Can't you just leave the ABS hose untouched and just change the brake lines? Why is that an issue?

Thanks

kodde

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

Everything I read on braided lines for the ABS models doesn't show dramatically good results. Pad replacement and a good bleed seem to get good results. It's a lot of coin for what doesn't seem to be a big difference. The non-ABS with the shorter lines seems to get the best results. Worth checking the forums.

A mate just did his and the bike was in the shop 2 days whilst they battled to get the air out. Finally bled it at the ABS unit with some success. The lever feels ok, but they sure aren't GSXR brakes.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm

kodde wrote:
Boatz wrote:I got a quote for a set for my gsx1250. About $ 470 ,can't remember if that included fitting. I was put off the idea after Cameron had so much trouble with his ABS model. (bleeding)

Thanks for the reply. Cameron had issues due to the fact that he has steel braided lines instead of OEM rubber ones?
I still haven't figured out the difference between ABS and Non-ABS lines. From what I can tell there's an extra hose(electrical?) running to the ABS sensor. But it does not in any way seem connected to the regular brake hoses? Can't you just leave the ABS hose untouched and just change the brake lines? Why is that an issue?

Thanks

The ABS lines are longer and run under the tank to the ABS unit under the seat. The fluid has a long way to travel and there's more line flex. The lines are totally different to the non-ABS which take a direct route from master cylinder to front wheel.

The ABS is a swine to get air out of due to the long lines.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

Kodde, try new pads first. I use Ferodo sintered on mine and they are great.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  kodde Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:04 pm

kewwig wrote:Everything I read on braided lines for the ABS models doesn't show dramatically good results. Pad replacement and a good bleed seem to get good results. It's a lot of coin for what doesn't seem to be a big difference. The non-ABS with the shorter lines seems to get the best results. Worth checking the forums.

A mate just did his and the bike was in the shop 2 days whilst they battled to get the air out. Finally bled it at the ABS unit with some success. The lever feels ok, but they sure aren't GSXR brakes.

Yeah maybe you are right. Seems logical too me. There's hardly any people who have braided lines on their ABS bikes, must be for this reason.

kewwig wrote:
kodde wrote:

Thanks

The ABS lines are longer and run under the tank to the ABS unit under the seat. The fluid has a long way to travel and there's more line flex. The lines are totally different to the non-ABS which take a direct route from master cylinder to front wheel.

The ABS is a swine to get air out of due to the long lines.

Yeah you are right. I see this on the diagrams now. Yet there are a few ABS-kits for some bikes. But they do not seem to be complete in the sense that they do not include the internal lines which go under the tank.

kewwig wrote:Kodde, try new pads first. I use Ferodo sintered on mine and they are great.

Thanks. I just might do that.

kodde

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down