Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

+31
barry_mcki
GSF Tourist
jstava
fat pete
SuzySuzuki
Ron173
Phill
Big Al
Grover
Kiwisteve
mustang sally
sb1250
chips
grahame
madmax
Jimcoleman
gus
Hammy
Baz
boomer
reddog
paul
F
quizguy
Cameron
holdenman
Reardo
Ross.
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
35 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 14 Empty A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
I notice that it is about 2,000 - 2,100 kms from Adelaide to Brisbane (or Brisbane to Adelaide - take your pick). So what you might ask? Well, it offers an opportunity for many of us forum members to meet up somewhere roughly in the middle (don't ask me exactly where - I'm making this up as I go) - but it would have to be roughly half way. I know any kind of ride like this wouldn't suit the sandgropers, NT, NZ, USA, Italy, Greece, Sweden, etc members but that's just a fact of life with a country the size of Europe. I'm not talking about this year but what if we decided to have a big Bandit forum get together somewhere in the Spring/Summer of 2013? That should give enough advance notice for the wheels to be put in motion, surely. I'm quite happy to organise it.

Update (7Mar13):
Details are:
Date: 1 - 3 November 2013 (ie Friday nigtht & Saturday night for those wanting a two night stay)
Place: Cowra
Accommodation options: Option 1 - The Imperial Hotel (02 634102588) (prices start at $65 for a single room but are as low as $115 for an ensuite room with 1 dbl and 2 sgl beds). There are also ensuite rooms for two at $100 per room (1 dble, 1 sgl). Option 2 the Sovereign Inn (02 6342 1055) (price is $69 per person twin share or $127 for a single). It is directly opposite the Imperial across Kendal St - both look good. Book individually. Special group price will apply to all, irrespective of individual bookings.
Plans: Individuals organise their own rides to and from (with other members or solo, as preferred). Groups meet up at accommodation. Day trip to Bathurst for those interested on Saturday for a few laps of the circuit. Counter lunch in Bathurst. Pub meal in Cowra Sat night. Departure Sunday AM.

Last edited by Ewok1958 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  SuzySuzuki Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

Enjoy your trip guys, and look out for idiots on the roads

Carbon Fibre tank pad and fuel cap surround
Puig Race Screen
Ventura rack system
Shorter Exhaust on the WishList
[A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 14 Suzuki10img]https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/[/img]

SuzySuzuki

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

If anyone is travelling through Sale for this trip feel free to call or txt for a catch up over coffee etc.
I'm in town between 8:00am and 6:00pm usually.
My number is in my signature.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

2wheelsagain wrote:If anyone is travelling through Sale for this trip feel free to call or txt for a catch up over coffee etc.
We'll be travelling back through Sale, I'll give you a call then (tues/wed next week)

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:02 am

madmax wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:If anyone is travelling through Sale for this trip feel free to call or txt for a catch up over coffee etc.
We'll be travelling back through Sale, I'll give you a call then (tues/wed next week)
I'll be at work on Wed so that's better mate unless you want a 40km detour which is fine too. Got Tue off and a bloke is looking at my FZ1 with a view to buying Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:27 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:
I'll be at work on Wed so that's better mate unless you want a 40km detour which is fine too. Got Tue off and a bloke is looking at my FZ1 with a view to buying Smile
Your selling the FZ1 Shocked Shocked Shocked

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:50 pm

madmax wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:
Your selling the FZ1 Shocked Shocked Shocked
Yes accidentally too Shocked  I nominated a price that didn't put him off.............Surprised

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 30 Oct 2013, 3:53 pm

Safe Travelling to Cowra Everyone ( who's going ). Ive managed to wrangle Friday off work, so I'll be travelling up Friday morning with Madmax and his mate.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. NOW its a trip away. See you all on Friday.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:04 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Safe Travelling to Cowra Everyone ( who's going ). Ive managed to wrangle Friday off work, so I'll be travelling up Friday morning with Madmax and his mate.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. NOW its a trip away. See you all on Friday.
Very Happy Very Happy

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Wed 30 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm

Yep, see you lot Friday Very Happy 
Safe travels for those of you already on your way

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm

Yep, Barry is overnighting at our place so we'll arrive together Fri arvo.

PS: the pub over the road from the Sovereign has a good beer garden - they even do lemon, lime and bitters. tongue
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 30 Oct 2013, 6:30 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:

Any thoughts on the next one ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Yep, Barry is overnighting at our place so we'll arrive together Fri arvo.

PS: the pub over the road from the Sovereign has a good beer garden - they even do lemon, lime and bitters. tongue
All jokes aside , I once gave up drinking alcohol for a while , & peoples attitude ( especially in the motor trades circle ) was nothing short of astounding .
 Comments like my mother told me never to trust a man who doesn't drink ( obviously mother was a piss head , but they mostly declined to answer that question  LOL ) etc were all too frequent , surprisingly from others I'd sheared a lot more than one or two quiet brews  with . I've got a good mate (for  over  45 years ) who has gone off the grog for health reasons & all I can say is good on him .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:42 pm

paul wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:
Any thoughts on the next one ?
Sure have Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  F Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

Good luck to all at the get together sounds a lot better than hobbling into my truck to cart grain.--enjoy and have a few for me!
2wa dont sell the FZ have regreted selling mine a great fun machine.
Cheers & full throttle.
F

F

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

Cheers F.  Basketball Basketball
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:55 pm

I just caught up with barrymick.
So I'll feel as if im with you blokes.

Safe travels to you all.

F lets see the $$ before anything is sold. 
My fondness of the FZ is well documented but in reality its not different enough tobthe Bandit which is a better commuter in my opinion. I have half the number of cylinders in mind as a replacement if tge plan comes together.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 31 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I just caught up with barrymick.
So I'll feel as if im with you blokes.

Safe travels to you all.

F lets see the $$ before anything is sold. 
My fondness of the FZ is well documented but in reality its not different enough tobthe Bandit which is a better commuter in my opinion. I have half the number of cylinders in mind as a replacement if tge plan comes together.

Harley ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 01 Nov 2013, 6:09 am

Harley?? You've got to be kidding Paul. That would be the last bike I'd be buying right at the moment, ( instant criminal ).
My guess is an MT-01 or if he's won the lotto, a V MAX to replace the Yamaha. OR being faithful to Suzuki an M109R.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 01 Nov 2013, 6:36 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Harley?? You've got to be kidding Paul. That would be the last bike I'd be buying right at the moment, ( instant criminal ).
My guess is an MT-01 or if he's won the lotto, a V MAX to replace the Yamaha. OR being faithful to Suzuki an M109R.
Both wrong - you should get facebook. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 01 Nov 2013, 7:53 am

To anyone who has any concerns about the weather, ITS BLOODY BEAUTIFUL OVER HERE!! Smile Smile Smile Forecast is great for the whole weekend. Enjoy your ride. Ewok is Barry coming over with you? I take it you'll be going Harden Boorowa way?
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 03 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

got back a little while ago [very cold thru to lithgow then warming up to very hot in sydney] very good to meet all of you and we will have to do it again - was fun!

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Sun 03 Nov 2013, 4:43 pm

Hey All, Got back home bout 3 o'clock , had a great weekend meeting some more members as well as those I've met before. The Sovereign was a good place to stay. There was plenty of Ks ridden including laps around Bathurst track (nice) Can't wait for the next meet. Thanks to Dave for organising this one, Jimmy The Boy for the Forum caps and to Hammy for the stubbie holders. Hope everyone made it home ok. Was nice to finally meet our Head Honcho Cameron (Casey Stoners twin) and his girlfriend. Sorry for leaving dinner early last nite my Hayfever was raging, didn't want to se sitting amongst everyone sneezing all nite.  See you soon.

PS If anyone who went has photos or video of me if its not too much trouble could you send them to me. PM me and i'll send my email address.  Thanks.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

Great to here you guys got home alright. Mike and I are holed are Narooma for the night. Had a little mishap on the way, pulled up 30ks short of Batemans bay to,put on wet weather gear. While stopped a passing caravan blew my bike over! We now have certifiable prove that the R&G crash knobs do their job, fairing is unscathed with only minor scratches to the top box

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:50 pm

madmax wrote:Great to here you guys got home alright. Mike and I are holed are Narooma for the night. Had a little mishap on the way, pulled up 30ks short of Batemans bay to,put on wet weather gear. While stopped a passing caravan blew my bike over! We now have certifiable prove that the R&G crash knobs do their job, fairing is unscathed with only minor scratches to the top box
Wow! How close to the road were you mate?

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:56 pm

We'd pulled over in a slow vehicle lane and the caravan driver thought he'd use it as well

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next