Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

+31
barry_mcki
GSF Tourist
jstava
fat pete
SuzySuzuki
Ron173
Phill
Big Al
Grover
Kiwisteve
mustang sally
sb1250
chips
grahame
madmax
Jimcoleman
gus
Hammy
Baz
boomer
reddog
paul
F
quizguy
Cameron
holdenman
Reardo
Ross.
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
35 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Empty A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
I notice that it is about 2,000 - 2,100 kms from Adelaide to Brisbane (or Brisbane to Adelaide - take your pick). So what you might ask? Well, it offers an opportunity for many of us forum members to meet up somewhere roughly in the middle (don't ask me exactly where - I'm making this up as I go) - but it would have to be roughly half way. I know any kind of ride like this wouldn't suit the sandgropers, NT, NZ, USA, Italy, Greece, Sweden, etc members but that's just a fact of life with a country the size of Europe. I'm not talking about this year but what if we decided to have a big Bandit forum get together somewhere in the Spring/Summer of 2013? That should give enough advance notice for the wheels to be put in motion, surely. I'm quite happy to organise it.

Update (7Mar13):
Details are:
Date: 1 - 3 November 2013 (ie Friday nigtht & Saturday night for those wanting a two night stay)
Place: Cowra
Accommodation options: Option 1 - The Imperial Hotel (02 634102588) (prices start at $65 for a single room but are as low as $115 for an ensuite room with 1 dbl and 2 sgl beds). There are also ensuite rooms for two at $100 per room (1 dble, 1 sgl). Option 2 the Sovereign Inn (02 6342 1055) (price is $69 per person twin share or $127 for a single). It is directly opposite the Imperial across Kendal St - both look good. Book individually. Special group price will apply to all, irrespective of individual bookings.
Plans: Individuals organise their own rides to and from (with other members or solo, as preferred). Groups meet up at accommodation. Day trip to Bathurst for those interested on Saturday for a few laps of the circuit. Counter lunch in Bathurst. Pub meal in Cowra Sat night. Departure Sunday AM.

Last edited by Ewok1958 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 03 Nov 2013, 8:04 pm

Got back a bit after 6.00pm so it was a long day, but only about 530kms in total distance.  Jimmy, Hammy, John, Cameron & Holly and Steve(s) had begun their own journey's back.  After leaving Cowra, we had a look at Wyangala Dam, then had a slow trip to Crookwell but on well surfaced roads.  Then onto Goulburn where Boatz left us.  Barry, Brian, Mike, Baz and I went onto Tarago where we had lunch at the Loaded Dog hotel.  We saw many, many bikes, which had participated in the Steve Walter Snowy Mts Cancer Charity Ride over the weekend - they must have raised a lot of money.  Barry and Baz then went there own way and Brian, Mike and I headed down to Batemans Bay.  We hit a temperature inversion on the way and the temperature plummeted and some drizzle started.  So we stopped and put on our wet weather gear.  While we were doing that Brian's bike decided it should have a sleep - obviously it prefers lying on its LHS.  Bummer, but the protective knobs did their stuff and the main damage was a scratched top box.  That soured Brian's trip and I'm sure he'll have more to say.  At Narooma, Brian and Mike pulled up stumps and I then proceeded back to the Bega Valley with severe cross winds (badly swirling and very hard to ride in as there was no constant wind direction).  It was a great rally and I echo Boat's thanks to Jimmy and Hammy and to all those that could participate.  I'll post some more pics on another thread later but here's one at the Dam this morning for this entry.
A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Img_2210
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Baz Sun 03 Nov 2013, 8:53 pm

Mr Masher & I did get to Mt Panorama but about an hour after the other guys had left.

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 IMG_0003_1_1_zps2ea10f34

at the Wyangala Dam

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 IMG_0006_1_1_zpsdb2e7617

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 IMG_0005_1_1_zps0b1ba7d0

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 IMG_0004_1_1_zps1034fc5e

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 03 Nov 2013, 9:38 pm

Looks  like a great trip guys Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 04 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

Hammy aka Eskimo Joe reporting in.
 2781.6 kms later.  I'm home.
                                             Guys.  That was the best ride weekend that I have ever had. What an adventure. And what a great bunch of guys to share it with. Lots of laughs. Drink. Food, ( not the duck Jimmy ). And the riding was just superb.  John and I covered 1270.1 kms to get to Cowra and it was worth every metre of it. Even the blowm fork seal did not dampen the event. Merely a slight pit stop. Yesterday, sundy, we covered 890 kms to end up at Drake in north NSW at around 4pm for our last stop over. This morning was a "walk in the park" run home to Redland bay to catch the 9:15am ( real time ) barge back over to the Rock.  Sorry to the fellow biker who got pulled over by the local plod yesterday while trying to catch me outside Tenterfield. One second this fella was there. Hauling arse behind me. The next thing he was gone. John. on the " Princess Mary " a couple of ks behind passed the poor fella pulled over with lights flashing. Not my fault. Embarassed .  The road from Tenterfield to Drake would rate as one of my all time favorite 50km streches of immaculate twisties. Check it out on goggle earth. I suggest the next gathering be there at the Drake Hotel. Also one of my top favorite watering holes and stop overs. Cheap beds. Great food. Cold beer. And Bob the publican has the biggest collection of memoriabilia around the walls that you would ever see. Lots of day trip options from there. And you southern gents could meet up on the way. Will post some pics up soon. When I get a mo to upload them. Thanks to everyone who made this an event to remember.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 04 Nov 2013, 5:52 pm

Hammy wrote:Hammy aka Eskimo Joe reporting in.
 2781.6 kms later.  I'm home.
                                             Guys.  That was the best ride weekend that I have ever had. What an adventure. And what a great bunch of guys to share it with. Lots of laughs. Drink. Food, ( not the duck Jimmy ). And the riding was just superb.  John and I covered 1270.1 kms to get to Cowra and it was worth every metre of it. Even the blowm fork seal did not dampen the event. Merely a slight pit stop. Yesterday, sundy, we covered 890 kms to end up at Drake in north NSW at around 4pm for our last stop over. This morning was a "walk in the park" run home to Redland bay to catch the 9:15am ( real time ) barge back over to the Rock.  Sorry to the fellow biker who got pulled over by the local plod yesterday while trying to catch me outside Tenterfield. One second this fella was there. Hauling arse behind me. The next thing he was gone. John. on the " Princess Mary " a couple of ks behind passed the poor fella pulled over with lights flashing. Not my fault. Embarassed .  The road from Tenterfield to Drake would rate as one of my all time favorite 50km streches of immaculate twisties. Check it out on goggle earth. I suggest the next gathering be there at the Drake Hotel. Also one of my top favorite watering holes and stop overs. Cheap beds. Great food. Cold beer. And Bob the publican has the biggest collection of memoriabilia around the walls that you would ever see. Lots of day trip options from there. And you southern gents could meet up on the way. Will post some pics up soon. When I get a mo to upload them. Thanks to everyone who made this an event to remember.

Eskimo Joe ???.............one cool dude ?

sounds like you had a great time .Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 04 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

Hey fella's. I got home just before 5pm this evening. Was awesome to meet up with all the members that I did. Bit of a bugger we missed Baz & Masher at Mt Panorama. We were probably having lunch at the Ox in Bathurst by the sounds of things when they got to the mountain.
I really would have preferred you blokes company than having an in-laws "do" on Sat night, but thems the breaks I suppose.
How was the ride back to Cowra thru Cargo & Canowndra for you fella's after I left you to it. Like I said, speed limits too low, but the views were tops.
I had a few dramas with tie down straps (holding the bike on the trailer) today on the way home, but had a couple of spares to sort things out.
I met up with an old friend after a family lunch on Sunday (for a number of ale's) that is a GSX 1400 rider, he said he saw us going past on the way thru Blayney to Orange on Saturday arvo.
Thanks for the meet up folks, hope we can do it again in the not too distant future.
Cheers, Steve

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 04 Nov 2013, 6:42 pm

Glad to see people got home safe. Was good meeting everybody. Im still trying to figure out who is who Very Happy 
Next time i will be on a bike a make a proper weekend of it. But im glad is didnt miss out. 
Im hoping there are some good shots for the calendar.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm

I'll be trying out me stubby holder tonight. 
What would I have gotten if I actually turned up? Laughing
Hope I can make the next one but its a bastard time of year for me.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm

Bugger, I missed out on the stubble holder!

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm

Kiwisteve wrote:Bugger, I missed out on the stubble holder!

2WA got yours lol! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

paul wrote:

2WA got yours lol! lol!
Laughing What's it worth?

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm

Lots of discussion about the stubbie holders - geez, wait until you find out we all have baseball caps made especially to commemorate the event (thanks again JTB).  They are gaining "collector's status" with each passing day. Current value - $100 per cap! Very Happy Razz Very Happy Razz
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 06 Nov 2013, 12:10 am

Ewok1958 wrote:Lots of discussion about the stubbie holders - geez, wait until you find out we all have baseball caps made especially to commemorate the event (thanks again JTB).  They are gaining "collector's status" with each passing day. Current value - $100 per cap! Very Happy Razz Very Happy Razz

lol! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 06 Nov 2013, 5:48 am

MP me yout address KS. I'll post you a couple.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 06 Nov 2013, 11:00 am

The route Mike and I took, not including the day ride to Bathurst.

All up including Bathurst 2365ks assuming 7% error due to the speedohealer

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Map

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:01 am

Well finally got home at 9:30 this morning (Wed), about 2560kms - not counting the ferry trips across the straight, about the same as MM and Hammy I think.  Great time, even if I was playing catch-up all weekend, the red-barge is a tad slower than it's two wheeled cousins (or is it the rider ?)  and my thanks also to Ewok and all the others that made this a memorial weekend.

Going through the pics now, here's one of the gaggle of bandits (and others) from on top of the mountain.  If anyone has not done the trip to Bathurst, you have to put it on your bucket list, the TV presentation of the circuit is nothing compared to being there.

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 20131111

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 11 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

Thanks Jimmy Smile
A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 15 20131111_125654

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:23 pm

No worries mate, looks good. Very Happy
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 11 Nov 2013, 4:22 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Thanks Jimmy Smile
Imposter.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 11 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

Hammy wrote:
Imposter.
I have contacts in high places Hammy Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:03 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Imposter.
I have contacts in high places Hammy Laughing

My friends must be in a slightly lower place than yours , mine hasn't arrived  yet Sad  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm

You lucky bugger 2w!
Oh, I had a good looking stubby holder arrive today, thanks Hammy cheers

Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 11 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

Well be thankful you got something
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Tue 12 Nov 2013, 6:32 am

Jimcoleman wrote:Well be thankful you got something
Sorry Jim, only had a couple left from the trip and they got snaffled up pretty quickly. If I get another batch made later on, your on top of the list.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15