Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healtech X-TRE

+2
kewwig
NTBill
6 posters

Go down

Healtech X-TRE Empty Healtech X-TRE

Post  NTBill Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

I'm still waiting for my carbtune to arrive Sleep to get the basics sorted, however in meantime am looking at future options for improved running.
Has anyone actually used the Healtech X-TRE on a GSX1250FA? I need to maintain the OEM dash gear position display and the X-TRE does this.
For those who have (if any), any opinions?
Else I'm considering whether to go the extra coin and going the FI Tuner Pro?

I've searched the forum for opinion but can't really get a handle one way or other. If I've missed posts - then I apologise.

Not wanting to remove secondaries (ie Holeshot) while bike is under warranty, but willing to push the friendship with tuning enhancement.

The surging problem still persists on my FA and seems to be worsening (it's a real pig in our monsoonal weather at present), so I'll do the TB sync first when (if) the carbtune arrives.
Any replies appreciated.

NTBill
NTBill

Back to top Go down

Healtech X-TRE Empty Re: Healtech X-TRE

Post  kewwig Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:23 pm

Hi Bill

I have an ATRE on my GSF1250 and quite frankly, other than its uses as a gear indicator, I am damned if I can tell if it works or not. No difference I can detect with it on or off. The feedback I have seen is pretty mixed, and most say there's little difference with the occasional person saying it runs smoother.

I had issues with low speed surging and snapping at the chain on the overrun. TB sync definitely helps, and I suggest checking your TPS. I use a Morgan carbtune and there's plenty of info on site on the steps to follow.

The biggest difference was secondary removal and a TFI (I have the Dale walker Stage II setup), but you can get it pretty smooth as standard with a TB sync. My experience with them shows they are all over the place out of the factory - some are great and some surge like buggery, so the common them seems to be TB sync.

I prefer the Dale walker setup, as he is helpful and obliging with information, and will set up the TFI to your filter/pipe combination so it is literally plug and play. He's well known as a Bandit guru (www.holeshot.com). I have modified 3 bandits and a V Strom with his kits and know them well now. They are not as infinitely tuneable as a PowerCommander, but the real world results are great. I recently got 130hp from the latest bike, which we also fitted his headers to. The mods don't seem to affect the fuel mileage to any great extent, and rideability and torque is much improved.

No matter which way you go, chhose the route where people around you have had some experience so if you have issues you can easily get advice. if you choose something exotic, after hours care and advice may be hard to get.

Some on the site have used the various tuning options and can likely advise on the FI Tuner Pro. Ultimately they all add fuel to what is a fairly lean bike, and make a huge difference. The TRE won't add much.

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

kewwig wrote:Hi Bill

I have an ATRE on my GSF1250 and quite frankly, other than its uses as a gear indicator, I am damned if I can tell if it works or not. No difference I can detect with it on or off. The feedback I have seen is pretty mixed, and most say there's little difference with the occasional person saying it runs smoother.

I had issues with low speed surging and snapping at the chain on the overrun. TB sync definitely helps, and I suggest checking your TPS. I use a Morgan carbtune and there's plenty of info on site on the steps to follow.

The biggest difference was secondary removal and a TFI (I have the Dale walker Stage II setup), but you can get it pretty smooth as standard with a TB sync. My experience with them shows they are all over the place out of the factory - some are great and some surge like buggery, so the common them seems to be TB sync.

I prefer the Dale walker setup, as he is helpful and obliging with information, and will set up the TFI to your filter/pipe combination so it is literally plug and play. He's well known as a Bandit guru (www.holeshot.com). I have modified 3 bandits and a V Strom with his kits and know them well now. They are not as infinitely tuneable as a PowerCommander, but the real world results are great. I recently got 130hp from the latest bike, which we also fitted his headers to. The mods don't seem to affect the fuel mileage to any great extent, and rideability and torque is much improved.

No matter which way you go, chhose the route where people around you have had some experience so if you have issues you can easily get advice. if you choose something exotic, after hours care and advice may be hard to get.

Some on the site have used the various tuning options and can likely advise on the FI Tuner Pro. Ultimately they all add fuel to what is a fairly lean bike, and make a huge difference. The TRE won't add much.

I agree with above quote. My GSX1250 has K&N Filter - secondaries removed - Dobeck TFI Box with Holeshot stage 2 settings - Screaming Demon Can - T/Bs synced with Carbtune Tool and runs fine. You shouldn't be unhappy with this setup. IMO.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

Thanks for that. I've don't the throttle position sensor check (which was out) and sorted that fairly simply (thanks to this forum)' Hopefully the carbtune will arrive soon...so I can get the sync done. I'm assuming the TRE option probably has greater effect on the gixxers over the torquier lower revving Bandit range. Might be why there's less difference noticed. A mate has just fitted a TRE to his GSXR750rr and he says it's livened things up in the lower range considerably. I'll hold off at this stage. Get the OEM tune sorted.

Cheers,
Bill.
NTBill
NTBill

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:53 pm

A lot of sports bikes are quite limited in the lower gears to stop people doing themselves in and moderate the power. The Bandit doesn't seem to be limited, although the maps differ between gears, and the results on a Bandit are pretty "ho hum" compared to a gixxer
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:00 am

Have you disconnected the GPS to see if it is related to the surging?
For the short time you disconnect it, you will loose the gear indicator and you will NOT have a neutral light but it might give an indication if this is where the problem is or not.
If there is no difference after disconnecting the GPS then getting a TRE is a potential waste IMHO.

I ran my bandit with the ghetto GPS mod so it thought it was in 6th the whole time apart from when it was in neutral, solved a surging problem and by my SOTP dyno gave a little more pep in the lower gears or at least seamed to

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 01 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

X-TRE in my bike I found made low gear throttle response really snappy as opposed to like a rubber band. The FI Tuner Pro I like as it isn't a piggy back type system - more integrated but because it's relatively new and restricted to Suzuki - not many tuners out there have gotten a chance to use one yet. They all work so your results will be similar fromone to another. The standard mod map from Healtech fixed a 3000rpm dead spot for me.
I'm in the process of hoarding $ to afford the headers and dyno tune for my FA. Secondaries out is becoming like adding a slip on - ALMOST EVERYONE is doing it. Healtech have had excellent after sales tech support too. Run the X-TRE in gear 6 - that's from Holeshot - even he said it doesn't do that much for the 1250.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:45 am

I'm kind of glad ive left my motor stock .Secondaries out but they didnt have wires going to them . All this tech no stuff seems to create as many
problems as it solves not to mention the price .
Still, if your a tech head it must be bike candy . Laughing
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

dhula wrote:Have you disconnected the GPS to see if it is related to the surging?
For the short time you disconnect it, you will loose the gear indicator and you will NOT have a neutral light but it might give an indication if this is where the problem is or not.
If there is no difference after disconnecting the GPS then getting a TRE is a potential waste IMHO.

I ran my bandit with the ghetto GPS mod so it thought it was in 6th the whole time apart from when it was in neutral, solved a surging problem and by my SOTP dyno gave a little more pep in the lower gears or at least seamed to

No I haven't done that yet dhula. Been a bit slack, but I also thought I'd balance the TBs first to eliminate that and go from there.
If the TB balance doesn't make a difference (although I'm hoping it will) then I'll go the track you've suggested.
Then... I'll also need to have a hard think about secondaries removal. Seems a no-brainer on the face of it, but the warranty stuff worries me and bike has a year and a half before it expires.

Currently got a few other mechanical projects on with the priority 1- to get our 20 yo Holden Junckaroo roadworthy again so it can tow a newly acquired horse float (we live in relative poverty cos missus has a couple of yang-yangs). Mr Isuzu made one bitch of a vehicle to work on when it comes to steering box surgery. I did suggest to her the Bandit would shit it in as a tractor - but it might not quite meet the towed mass ratio requirements.
Cheers,
NTBill
NTBill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down