Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRX holds her head high

+4
paul
madmax
Hammy
Bosco15
8 posters

Go down

TRX holds her head high Empty TRX holds her head high

Post  Bosco15 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:12 am

I finally got the old girl sorted with fresh rubber, oil change, new brake rotors, etc ready to do a track day at Eastern Creek and promptly went and broke my ankle.  affraid
TRX holds her head high Focus_10

So, ten weeks after loosing my first track day booking, I got to ride the TRX around Eastern Creek GP track. 

TRX holds her head high Phone_11

And I was super impressed with the way she handled. For a twenty year old bike, she gave the boys on their 1000's a bit of curry.

I chopped a video together for those who would like to watch her efforts. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnXShK3B0g

Back to top Go down

TRX holds her head high Empty Re: TRX holds her head high

Post  Hammy Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:44 am

Great stuff Mr Bosco.  Impressive looking ankle. Looks like my left arm.  Did you get the knee down ?   What rubber were you on ?  TRX looks sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:52 am

TRX holds her head high 959052286

Awesome stuff mate. Glad to see you've all healed up.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 22 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Not a bad effort in the video Bosco Very Happy .................and the ankle   Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

It's good to be back on two feet and two wheels again. 
The track day turned out to be great physio for my foot. Loosened it up nicely by the end of the day. 

I bought some new Diablo Super Corsa hoops for the track. Stickiest rubber I have ever riden with. They get super warm, but I imagine that they would be shagged in under 2000km on the road. 

I wish that I could get my knees down. It illudes me, still. I get the same lean angle as other guys but my knee is nowhere near the deck. I think I need to practice getting right off the side of the bike. When I've conquered that, I will work on the elbow. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:32 am

I'm starting to touch the knee down...the key to body position, for me at least, is to get as much bend as possible in the inside elbow, lock the outside knee into the bike, an keep the inside knee loose.  Highly recommend the Top Rider courses @ EC.

On another note, I've always liked the Trixxie, another 270 degree parallel twin, pity Yamaha didn't stay with it, still I guess there is hope that they might do a supersport using the Super Tenere donk.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  palexxxx Sat 22 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm

Dekenai wrote:
On another note, I've always liked the Trixxie, another 270 degree parallel twin, pity Yamaha didn't stay with it, still I guess there is hope that they might do a supersport using the Super Tenere donk.

I think the same engine was used in the first Yamaha TDM series and then in 2002 the TDM went to 900 cc's but still with a 270 degree parallel twin donk.  You can still get them.  Good engine.

palexxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 6:22 pm

Good job Bosco.  I've ordered a carb tune-up kit for mine to see if I can correct the rich running.

TRX holds her head high Jet_ki10

How do you find the standard gearing?  I swapped out the rear sprocket for one with 2 extra teeth as I thought it was over-geared.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 22 Aug 2015, 6:28 pm

palexxxx wrote:
Dekenai wrote:

I think the same engine was used in the first Yamaha TDM series and then in 2002 the TDM went to 900 cc's but still with a 270 degree parallel twin donk.  You can still get them.  Good engine.
You are right but the problem with the TDM is the 18" front wheel which is pretty limiting for tyre choices.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sun 23 Aug 2015, 9:20 am

I'm unsure of the number of teeth, as she came with near new chain and sprockets and I haven't counted yet. 
She didn't quite top out down the straight, so I guess could do with a extra tooth or two. 
The wide spread of torque, the twin has, is awesome around the track. I wasn't swapping cogs so much once I got onto the flowing sections.

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Sun 23 Aug 2015, 8:43 pm

Yamaha is still sticking with it - the MT07 and Super Ten are 270 degrees.

Have they relaxed the on board camera rules or are you just successfully sneaky?
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 24 Aug 2015, 8:45 am

#Tag wrote:Yamaha is still sticking with it - the MT07 and Super Ten are 270 degrees.

Have they relaxed the on board camera rules or are you just successfully sneaky?

Yes. You are now allowed camera, but not timing equipment.  
You can also wear zip together leathers. 
Disappointingly, ir was the last session for the company that ran Eastern Creek track days. They have lost the contract to Stay upright, who apparently don't know how to run a track day.  
The price has gone up too. $330 for a weekend.  Week day will be cheaper.  
Will have to see how they go. I think they are getting greedy and will lose customers.

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Mon 24 Aug 2015, 5:43 pm

Bosco15 wrote:
#Tag wrote:Yamaha is still sticking with it - the MT07 and Super Ten are 270 degrees.

Yes. You are now allowed camera, but not timing equipment.  

Disappointingly, ir was the last session for the company that ran Eastern Creek track days.

Oh noes, I'm heading there in a few weeks with jimcoleman and a few others. Jim won't get over 140k down the straight due the wind resistance from all his cameras.

And poor old Brouggy. First he couldn't call his school ASS anymore and now this. Pity - they are a well oiled machine with running their days.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down