Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Know ! It's Not A Bandit.

+4
Ewok1958
Chook
Bosco15
Hammy
8 posters

Go down

I Know !  It's Not A Bandit. Empty I Know ! It's Not A Bandit.

Post  Hammy Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:15 am

Just wanted to share.
First ride since getting back from Parkes.  Have still not shaken that damn flu that I had, (and spread) down in Parkes. Work has been busy. With Easter and the renovations to the Pub. So I was long overdue for an outing. A good mate of mine , Barry, called in the other day and we fixed yesterday in for a ride. I planned it. Taking in Mt Nebo, Mt Glorious. Around the western side of Lake Somerset. Up to Kilcoy. Round to De Auguler to get onto Mt Mee and then head for home.  Was a glorious autumn day. Around 28 degrees. Light breeze. And very little traffic on the roads. Even the unavoidable bits through the cosmopolitan was easy. Week day rides can be the best times.  Mt Glorious had a bit of rubbish on the road. It is very well tree lined, so a lot of leaves and small branches. Even a thick vine hanging down that if you weren't careful you could easily ride through. It nearly touched the ground. Coming off the west side of Mt Glorious the countryside opens up and you follow the lake around northwards. Perfect. There is a camping ground and a small store on the north western side of the lake. Still a few campers enjoying the good weather and peaceful surrounds. Unfortunately the store looks like it has shut down. A bummer for campers as it has two petrol pumps as well. They will have to go the 20km to Kilcoy. On to the Kilcoy Bakery for a tasty Chicken Mornay Pie and an iced coffee. You gotta love small town Bakeries. Then set off again to go over Mt Mee. For me that was the highlight. The road was in top shape. No traffic. S's to die for. There is one section where you can look thru 3-4 sweepers and it is just so smooth. I cannot wait to go back and do that section again.  One little incident. Not for us. There was a small section of road works on the southern side of Mt Mee. We pulled up behind, I'm guessing , a young lad on a 400 ish P plated bike. The stop sign was turned, and off he went. Down the hill. First hairpin he went in to hot. Cut the corner and ran wide right out near the edge. Second hair pin he looked as though he got "straight line fixation". He braked heavily with no attempt to turn. Stopped just short of the amco not to graciously. I rode past him giving him a slow down gesture with my left hand. Hope he took the advice . And the lesson.  All in all it was a fantastic 350 Kms of enjoyment. Barry loves finding new things, and limits ( there are not many) to his K13. I just look at it with envy. He offers me a ride, but I know that if it is as good as it looks, then I will want one.  My Bird is going so well now with the upgraded suspension, which I made a small adjustment to after reading some feedback. I really could feel the difference. Think I might have it dialled in right at last.
Days like that are why we ride.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

I Know !  It's Not A Bandit. Empty Re: I Know ! It's Not A Bandit.

Post  Bosco15 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

Nice work, Hammy. 
Glad you got the bike out to stretch her legs.  
Hope you get over your flu soon, mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

Sounds like a nice ride, one winter I'll have to escape the cold for a couple of weeks and maybe you can show me around.

Sorry to hear you haven't shaken the dreaded lurgy yet my Mrs had it for a few months before she got over it.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:28 am

Thanks guys.  And check out the ride on Goggle maps. You will se what I mean .

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:23 am

Sounds like you had a top ride mate. Nice.  cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

Sounds lovely.
No pix though Sad

Not a Bandit stories are welcome Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm

great day by the sounds of it ( even if it was without a bandit Razz ) and a good report ...........except there were no photos  Rolling Eyes  Laughing . And I caught " your " bloody flu / friggin hard to get rid of it isn't it ! Evil or Very Mad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm

Great report Hammy, of course you would have shaken that flu by now if you were still riding a bandit Razz

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 6:14 am

paul wrote:great day by the sounds of it ( even if it was without a bandit Razz ) and a good report ...........except there were no photos  Rolling Eyes  Laughing . And I caught " your " bloody flu / friggin hard to get rid of it isn't it ! Evil or Very Mad

Paul,  I think it's some kind of Federal Government thing that they have come up with.  Probably put something in our water.   affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 6:16 am

madmax wrote:Great report Hammy, of course you would have shaken that flu by now if you were still riding a bandit Razz

To quote Pauline :   "Please explain" ?    geek

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 10 Apr 2015, 8:29 am

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:Great report Hammy, of course you would have shaken that flu by now if you were still riding a bandit Razz

Do I really need too? Rolling Eyes

Ok, riding the bandit would have given you a feeling of euphoria and would have blown the flu away. Laughing

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 10 Apr 2015, 9:13 am

madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Ok, riding the bandit would have given you a feeling of euphoria and would have blown the flu away. Laughing

Jim Coleman. Ewok, And now Paul, are all victims of the flu as well.  Explain that one then MM.  Hmmmmm.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 10 Apr 2015, 11:32 am

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Jim Coleman. Ewok, And now Paul, are all victims of the flu as well.  Explain that one then MM.  Hmmmmm.  Very Happy

They'll get over it quicker!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 12 Apr 2015, 3:50 pm

madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:

When you receive an empty envelope in the post. Don't worry.  Just open it and breath in deeply.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 12 Apr 2015, 3:52 pm

Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:
madmax wrote:
Hammy wrote:

When you receive an empty envelope in the post. Don't worry.  Just open it and breath in deeply.  Twisted Evil

Now that's just nasty!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 05 May 2015, 10:18 pm

That's a goog ride Hammy.

I`ve done that same ride several times, but not in about 8yrs. I think its time to do it again.

Like you say, the Mt Mee section is really good. I`ve shied away from Nebo & Glorious over the years, due to heavy police presence, but the week day ride is the go!!

As I`m coming to the end of a construction job,  I`ll have a little time up my sleave, so I`ll do that ride again. Will be a winter ride, and it does get cold up those mountains in winter.

Good to see you had a good one.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down