Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit !

+5
gus
Re-Cycled
rolls
whitey1
harrywho
9 posters

Go down

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! Empty harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit !

Post  harrywho Mon 11 Apr 2011, 7:51 am

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! 049ra
harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! 047nn
this is my bandit/busa/ducati,and a splash of harley Twisted Evil

harrywho

Back to top Go down

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! Empty Re: harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit !

Post  whitey1 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:36 am

I love it. Sorry but I couldn't spot the harley bit. Nice cheers
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! Empty Re: harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit !

Post  rolls Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

Hi Harry,
that looks fantastic!! I love it!!

Still got the pillion pegs?

Perhaps keep the harley bit quiet.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:08 am

That's an impressive looking bike, lot of work and money in that I suspect.

Where can I get one of those invisible chains? It really cleans up the look of the bike. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 11 Apr 2011, 10:01 am

3 bikes in one day,is it raining down there . Very Happy All very,very ,very nice. Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  harrywho Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

a quick run down on the bike......
it was a stock 96 bandit that i had put around 70,000k on that broke down on the side of the road with a collapsed drive bearing..to many wheelie's i suspect ! sold it to the guy that came to pick it up for $1600 and did'nt see it again for about 18mth's until it showed up on fleabay so i went and bought it back for the same price,un-fixed. It sat in the shed for a further 3year's with the spider's until i decided to attack it..mod's as follow's.

frame widened 20mm on one side to take the hayabusa rear end,done by a guy that does engineering work for william's F-1 team.
new steering steem made up to take the busa front end, original was 4 thread's to short.
motor fully re-built,with new bearing's and gear's put threw the gear box,done by an old fella that had been working on my bike's since i was 15..im 47 now. He took some track'in down !
sub-frame removed with a deep breath and a 5in cut off wheel,re-placed with my own design which is made so the rear end completely side's off in less than a minute,the entire rear electric's is all using the one plug so one plug and one pin and the rear end is off.
the hiding harley bit is the head light which is off a harley davidson v-rod and the mount's are from the u.s
front sprocket has a 10mm ff-set to pick up the invisable chain due to the width of the swingarm
billit front sproket cover and fuel cap are from just bandit's in the uk..they got some great stuff for bandit's and pretty cheap to i thought
dash is a acewell thats wired up but still un-used..
the seat,cowl,and rear kevlar fender are for a ducati 900 monster.
it's been bit over 2 year's in the making so far.
paint was done in brisbane,dont ask the price cause it bring's a tear to my eye but he's done a great job affraid
Why ?....why not rabbit price ? bout that of a new 1400 suzi
motorvation ? pulling into a servo on the gold coast and seeing 7 blue R1's parked side by side thinking why the hell do poeple buy the same bike with nearly nothing to tell them apart ! confused
i have no idea wat it will ride like but it's long and low so if nothing else it will be a demon to launch on the drag strip.

harrywho

Back to top Go down

Post  harrywho Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:04 pm

and R1 rear foot peg's so my young fella can come for a spin Very Happy

harrywho

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:26 pm

Are the tyres BT109's? They have a very noticeable triangular profile.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:27 pm

Very cool
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  harrywho Mon 11 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

Dekenai wrote:Are the tyres BT109's? They have a very noticeable triangular profile.
not sure which bridgeee's they are mate,been on there that long i can't remember ! geeez that sound's bad ! i'll have to sus it in the morning.
i know i did go into the shop looking to buy a set of perelli diablo strata's but none where to be found, have you been on google image's to look for tripple clamp's ? you will get thousand's come up..click the pic and it will take you straight to the maker's web site. iv done this alot with part's for my bike..you'll get alot of crap part's show up but it will also give you the good stuff like Harris ect..and much cheaper than you will get here. the ohlin's will make a huge differance to the handling of the bike...iv alway's felt that the suspenision on the bandit's are there greatest down fall,hence the price i guess...but still a great buy for wat they are.

harrywho

Back to top Go down

Post  harrywho Mon 11 Apr 2011, 11:10 pm

harrywho's bandit...well it is a bandit ! 022qe

2 year's ago ! who would of thought

harrywho

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 12 Apr 2011, 6:35 am

Now thats what i call "detailing ". Great Job doesnt do it justice. Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mars Tue 12 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

drool.......... 1 HOT looking machine.

better go washup now Very Happy
Mars
Mars

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 22 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

Thats looks awesome... Will have to show my mate Jimmy who has a 96 model as well.

They seem to be very nervous with the stock suspension compared to the 1250 when I have swapped bikes on a ride before.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  harrywho Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

cheer's reddog, it started out as a 96 bandit but there's not a real lot of the stock bike left....i think the only stock item left is the motor,less the air box.
the old bandit's do get a bit lazy in the leg's as do most bike's and the only way to get them to behave is to do a transplant on them like Dekenai's (hope thats spelt right. pale ) or ride them like motard's...i use to lock the back wheel going into corner's to get it to come round which tended's to freak other rider's around you at 160+
i tried replacing it with a GSXR1000K3 which went like the clapper but handled like a drunk women so it had to go befor it killed me...that's when is build started.

harrywho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum