Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back on the bike!

+11
Cameron
spanna
Ghostbandit
GSFBlue
madmax
2wheelsagain
Bosco15
Kiwisteve
Ewok1958
paul
Roden
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Back on the bike! - Page 2 Empty Back on the bike!

Post  Roden Tue 19 Aug 2014, 9:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone ... I have owned bikes on and off for most of my life, my last ride was a Triumph Sprint Sport 900 which was a great bike, I sold it 2 years ago and missed my ride ever since, so .... I started the hunt for a new ride.

For a while I had my heart set on a Honda Blackbird but really, at my age it was probably not for me ... I hadn't thought of the Bandit until I rode one a few weeks back and I was really impressed with the performance and fun factor, so I set about finding one and turned up an '02 black 1200S ... low k's and lovingly looked after  Very Happy 

I'm looking forward to loads of fun on this awesome machine ... she's in for some love with my mate at Moto Solutions (Labrador Qld) and then my first outing is to Sydney! 

I'm looking forward to participating on this forum too, I usually look after my own servicing, pretty handy on the tools, so I'll be looking for tips and tricks and hopefully can share a few of my own!

Safe riding and cheers,

Roden
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Back on the bike! - Page 2 Empty Re: Back on the bike!

Post  Roden Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

I forgot to add ... the horn is woeful ... I need a better horn for Sydney traffic!
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm

Roden wrote:I forgot to add ... the horn is woeful ... I need a better horn for Sydney traffic!

Lucky some very smart fellow has already worked that one out. Very Happy

https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t2181-stebel-nautilus-compact-horn-on-mark-1-bandit#24976

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:47 pm

Roden wrote:

•  

A bit buzzy through the pegs at 110 in top, not overly annoying, just buzzy

• Distinct vibes at around 3.5-4.5k ... seems to make the fairing buzz somehow or is it the engine? Not sure
  • Wind blast is pretty bad, I think that screen is not helping ... I know it's essentially a naked bike but is there a better screen to deflect wind a bit?
  • Popping and crackling on the over run ... she has a Yoshi slip on with stock headers, I suspect jetting is stock and maybe a little lean but I'm sure I'll learn about tuning options here   Question 

I welcome any comments on my points above ... the aim is to do some serious two up touring so all day comfort is important. I'm not going to try keeping up with my Super Sports buddies, comfort and complience is all I'm after, so simple suspension mods are probably all thats required ... any ideas along those lines are also welcome

Cheers,

Roden

The buzz in the fairing, is part of the beast, but can be sorted, by pulling apart the fairings, and at intervals on all mating areas, superglue thin rubber, or the likes of, reassemble, and presto, no more buzz.   I do stress THIN, or it effects the tolerance of mating surfaces.

You said you like pulling apart carbs, so lift the needles, a little bit to make richer, and helps with pop and strengthens mid range a bit.

Suspension, well there`s a few pages on here on the subject, so peruse. the site for that info.

After market screens...... well,  that's a matter of opinion. I`ve only ever tried one, had it on for a year, tried my factory one again, and that's what I`m happy with, the factory screen.  To each their own there
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:35 pm

If the pair system isn't blocked off you'll get popping on decel all the time. Might need a set of these https://tpoparts.com/cat093/index.php?route=product/product&path=105_106&product_id=50
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  1wheeldrive Sun 24 Aug 2014, 7:39 pm

You didn't by chance get this off a bloke at Nerang who is a muso and had it on Bike sales for $4000? Sounds very similar IE: K's, colour, the Yoshi - to one I had a look at. And you were from the Goldie.
I was going to look at another and then make a decision. He'd already accepted my offer but I was keeping my options open. It had been for sale with a  crap photo for a while and he said no one had been to look so I thought I had time.
Oh well, plenty of fish in the sea. Hope it goes well for you if it was that bike or not.

Just curious! Very Happy

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Roden Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

The buzz in the fairing, is part of the beast, but can be sorted, by pulling apart the fairings, and at intervals on all mating areas, superglue thin rubber, or the likes of, reassemble, and presto, no more buzz.   I do stress THIN, or it effects the tolerance of mating surfaces.

You said you like pulling apart carbs, so lift the needles, a little bit to make richer, and helps with pop and strengthens mid range a bit.

Suspension, well there`s a few pages on here on the subject, so peruse. the site for that info.

After market screens...... well,  that's a matter of opinion. I`ve only ever tried one, had it on for a year, tried my factory one again, and that's what I`m happy with, the factory screen.  To each their own there
Thanks for the info, especially on the fairings as it is a bit annoying but I'm glad it's not the motor attling lol
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 25 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

Your exhaust isnt loud enough Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Roden Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:44 pm

1wheeldrive wrote:You didn't by chance get this off a bloke at Nerang who is a muso and had it on Bike sales for $4000? Sounds very similar IE: K's, colour, the Yoshi - to one I had a look at. And you were from the Goldie.
I was going to look at another and then make a decision. He'd already accepted my offer but I was keeping my options open. It had been for sale with a  crap photo for a while and he said no one had been to look so I thought I had time.
Oh well, plenty of fish in the sea. Hope it goes well for you if it was that bike or not.

Just curious! Very Happy
Yes that is the one! He did say someone else had looked ... it's in good nick, I got the carbs cleaned and balanced, oil & filter change and flushed the clutch and brake fluids as it had been sitting for a while, put some rego on it and rode to Sydney! Didn't miss a beat, I'm pretty happy with it  Very Happy
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  Roden Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm

reddog wrote:If the pair system isn't blocked off you'll get popping on decel all the time. Might need a set of these

Thanks reddog I'll investigate further ... it also seems to have a TPS which I thought unusual for a carburetted bike ...
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:24 am

Roden wrote:
reddog wrote:If the pair system isn't blocked off you'll get popping on decel all the time. Might need a set of these

Thanks reddog I'll investigate further ... it also seems to have a TPS which I thought unusual for a carburetted bike ...

My Firestorm has one and its set at 800 ohms at the factory. Far better throttle response is achieved at 400 ohms with the VTR.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm

Bosco is spot on. Centre stand is great for fueling up and doing any servicing. I also use it on soft ground, saves the bike having a lie down
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm

reddog wrote:Bosco is spot on. Centre stand is great for fueling up and doing any servicing. I also use it on soft ground, saves the bike having a lie down
Has anyone actually tried the center stand v side stand test while refueling?  I filled up tonight on the side stand as usual and I don't reckon I'd get more than 300 ml extra in on the center stand. Hardy worth it for another 6km. 
So how much extra can you fit in?

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm

Roden wrote:

Try this or Google "gsf1200 TPS"

http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=3447.0

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:30 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
reddog wrote:Bosco is spot on. Centre stand is great for fueling up and doing any servicing. I also use it on soft ground, saves the bike having a lie down
Has anyone actually tried the center stand v side stand test while refueling?  I filled up tonight on the side stand as usual and I don't reckon I'd get more than 300 ml extra in on the center stand. Hardy worth it for another 6km. 
So how much extra can you fit in?

I have done it both ways & can't see much in it ............there is a gap at the top  so you don't really fill it right up anyway & if you fill it to near the top  on the side stand & then stand your bike up , the level doesn't really seem to alter much   . I think some people just find it easier to do it on the centre stand IMO .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2