Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit.

5 posters

Go down

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Empty Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit.

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 08 Jan 2012, 6:36 pm

Installed the horn on the old GSF1200s T

Found a nice easy cable-tie installation point, behind the left side fairing just enough room without interfering with the steering.
I used a bit of closed-cell foam I had laying around, between the horn and the headlight/fairing support frame.

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Img_7710

I "mounted" the relay, next to the ignition unit, under the seat, using double-sided tape.

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Img_7711

The horn is switched on the -ve side (black wire with a blue trace) I picked up the positive (orange wire with a green trace) right next to the relay , where it comes out or the fuse box.

I chose to tap into the horn circuit and add a hidden toggle switch, so I can have a choice of standard horn or both horns.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Empty Re: Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit.

Post  Baz Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

Mmm, I was wondering exactly how compact those horns were.
thanks Peter

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Empty Re: Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit.

Post  chips Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:01 pm

too much to ask for some audio?

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:00 am

chips wrote:too much to ask for some audio?

What exactly are you after? The dynamic range of any recording would probably not do it justice, if you want to know how loud it is.

If you want to know what it sounds like, there is the manufacturers website.
Here, let me google that for you Very Happy http://www.stebel.it/stebel/products.asp?IDserie=6&uso=&tipologia=ELECTROPNEUMATICS

Since you asked so nice.

Last edited by Re-Cycled on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 09 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

Funnily enough, I ordered 2 of these on the weekend. One for the Bandit, the other for the 1400. After watching the youtube clips, they do sound like they can induce brown trousers to the unsuspecting cager Twisted Evil
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:15 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
chips wrote:too much to ask for some audio?

What exactly are you after? The dynamic range of any recording would probably not do it justice, if you want to know how loud it is.

If you want to know what it sounds like, there is the manufacturers website.
Here, let me google that for you Very Happy http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/products.asp?IDserie=6&uso=&tipologia=ELECTROPNEUMATICS

Since you asked so nice.

after listening to that it is another want added to the list. I'm seeing more and more reasons to go for the PC8 power unit from eastern beaver now. Where as only a week ago I was think direct from battery for the phone charger. So many electrical accessories that you kinda want the 8 seperate fuses...

Back to top Go down

Post  BCNU Thu 27 Dec 2012, 8:36 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:Installed the horn on the old GSF1200s T

The horn is switched on the -ve side (black wire with a blue trace) I picked up the positive (orange wire with a green trace) right next to the relay , where it comes out or the fuse box.

OK for those of you considering installing ANY aftermarket horn, here is the relay wiring schematic. Works for 1250S/ SA/ FA and probably a lot of makes and models as well

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Bandit12

Current Bike
Suzuki Bandit 1250SA

Past Bikes
Honda K2 CB750/4
Kawasaki Z1R MKII
Kawasaki GPZ 1000 RX
Kawasaki ZZR 1100 (D4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

BCNU wrote:
Re-Cycled wrote:Installed the horn on the old GSF1200s T

OK for those of you considering installing ANY aftermarket horn, here is the relay wiring schematic. Works for 1250S/ SA/ FA and probably a lot of makes and models as well

OK I should have clarified that, I was hoping you could see from the photo. I only picked up the switched positive for the oem horn to power the relay, with positive on the relay full time the horn would sound continuously when the ignition was turned off, probably because of a back circuit through the headlight filament to ground.

This is a schematic of how I chose to run the horns.

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn on Mark 1 Bandit. Scheme10

This was to avoid any issues with legality and causing a heart attack/ OH&S issues for the inspector at rego time. Very Happy

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum