Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2

+9
#Tag
straff1250
Bosco15
potatomasher
Truck bandit
Boatz
reddog
Dekenai
Cameron
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Empty Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2

Post  Cameron Fri 28 Mar 2014, 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Time for another track day!
Date proposed is Monday June 2, 2014.

For those never experienced a track day before, it is open to all experience levels with 4 different riding groups. 6 x 20 minute sessions. 
It is the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. Well i think so anyway. 

So who is up for a Bandit track day at the mighty EC?

All in say AYE!!
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2

Post  Dekenai Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:22 am

Really, really good.  The only problem was the lack of adjustability, Laurie suggested that we could get around that by taking a fully adjustable set of Showa 43mm RSU forks (probably off something like a CBR600F4i) and mixing and matching parts to give a fully adjustable B1250 front-end.

First good news is that he is back and has setup a shop in Bayldon Ave Queen-b-hole.
Would also suggest a Holeshot fork brace as I found this made a significant difference.

So, to sum up; go have a chat to Laurie, (you should be able to find contact info on Canberra Riders).
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2

Post  #Tag Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:31 am

Dekenai wrote:Really, really good.  The only problem was the lack of adjustability, Laurie suggested that we could get around that by taking a fully adjustable set of Showa 43mm RSU forks (probably off something like a CBR600F4i) and mixing and matching parts to give a fully adjustable B1250 front-end.
Therein lies the conundrum. I'm normally happy to take the big dollar saving in buying a non adjustable bike and reinvesting a percentage of the saving in setting it up for how/where I most commonly ride.

First good news is that he is back and has setup a shop in Bayldon Ave Queen-b-hole.
And that, Dekenai, is indeed good news!!

Would also suggest a Holeshot fork brace as I found this made a significant difference.
Tried it, didn't like it. Jimcoleman sold it to someone on the forum shortly thereafter. (I was talking to Laurie about them some time later and he doesn't like them either.)

So, to sum up; go have a chat to Laurie, (you should be able to find contact info on Canberra Riders).

I may go see him about about my current fork incontinence but have been content with his original work.
Before the Bandit gets any more loving my Duke will get bouncy bits work but I've talked to Terry Hayes about it cos he's da man for WP.

#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 03 Jun 2014, 1:03 pm

I bought the brace off of Jim.  I could notice a definite improvement with it on.  Jim probably couldn't notice anything cause he rides like a girl ......  So I've been told.   Razz
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Tue 03 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

Heeheee,

Unfortunate timing though Hammy, he's just driven out of my driveway (before I'd seen your golden post)
Now I'll just open a bag of popcorn and wait for him to log in.   Hehehehe
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 03 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm

Hammy hammy hammy, it was TAG's fork brace to start with i just sold it for him
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 03 Jun 2014, 2:11 pm

Ride like a Girl,eh well we will see about that. See how good that blackterd really is the twisties  Twisted Evil 
 Twisted Evil  

2WA will agree that me and my GSX is no slouch there Hammy, the Parks 2015 challenge is on.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:10 pm

This could get interesting....... Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 03 Jun 2014, 3:47 pm

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Stir
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 03 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm

Eastern Creek Track Day - June 2 - Page 2 Interesting05
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Tue 03 Jun 2014, 6:08 pm

Calling Gus, what did you think of the fork brace?
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 03 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm

The best mod I found for a track day was to jack up the rear. I had a 35mm lift on the back and the big bitch turned like a much lighter bike. It was hopeless on the road but brilliant on the track.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 04 Jun 2014, 6:13 am

Jimcoleman wrote:Ride like a Girl,eh well we will see about that. See how good that blackterd really is the twisties  Twisted Evil 
 Twisted Evil  

2WA will agree that me and my GSX is no slouch there Hammy, the Parks 2015 challenge is on.

You ride a what ?  GSX.  What does that stand for ?  Oh I know,   Gentle Slow Xpletive.    lol!  lol!  lol!
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 04 Jun 2014, 7:56 am

Hammy have you forgotten what forum your on, that comment is only going to end in world of hurt for you  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Razz  Razz  Razz
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:06 am

Jimcoleman wrote:Hammy have you forgotten what forum your on, that comment is only going to end in world of hurt for you  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Razz  Razz  Razz

No. Haven't forgotten.  I once owned a GSX as well. But mine had an "R" on the end of it which stood for Rapid . But then, that was tame compared to the Bird.   tongue
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2