Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box

+10
GSXChris
Cal
kelpie
GGiant
barry_mcki
TropoBone
madmax
Chook
kewwig
pdrider
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 Empty Looking for Panniers and maybe top box

Post  pdrider Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know there are links to various posts but I am looking for a little more specific feedback. I am now hoping to buy panniers for the GSX1250FA 2012. I like the idea of Givi but whilst I'm hoping to put my crash helmet in it, I don't want anything too big (Crash helmet is an arai XD4 - so has a peak on it). Something that fits nice and snug to the bike and keeps the water out.... Oh yeah and matches the black of the bike ( Dont want to lose the extra speed the black colour gives me!! Very Happy ). I also need to ensure that the fitting is something that a total idiot can fit (that's me). If it means moving indicators I will break out into a sweat but may cope if its very very very easy and clear on how to fit. I have a staintune pipe fitted (I even had to get a mate to do that just in case Embarassed  Embarassed )

I've looked at the GIVI site but am unsure of sizing and how big the items actually are. Also, where to purchase would be helpful. Apoligies for the detailed request but am spending a fair bit and don't want to look and wish I'd done something else. If possible I will add a top box at a later stage.
Thanks in advance folks.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Panniers and maybe top box

Post  barry_mcki Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:27 pm

Yep - check this out:

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Panniers and maybe top box

Post  Cal Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm

Where is Gus??  Laughing
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:47 pm

Cal wrote:Where is Gus??  Laughing

I think he's ignoring this post  Laughing 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

Givi, Givi, Givi Gus LOL!
Cal
Cal

http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Wed 02 Apr 2014, 7:31 am

Heh Madmax. I just got price from your previous contact on eBay which is all good but they have asked me for my DOB, place of Birth and Address so that they can take off 22% tax. I understand address but the rest sounds scarey, did you have that request as I'm a little concerned about ID theft although I can't get spending past my missus so not sure how an internet fraud will either!! All sounds good apart from that bit.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:03 am

pdrider wrote:Heh Madmax. I just got price from your previous contact on eBay which is all good but they have asked me for my DOB, place of Birth and Address so that they can take off 22% tax. I understand address but the rest sounds scarey, did you have that request as I'm a little concerned about ID theft although I can't get spending past my missus so not sure how an internet fraud will either!! All sounds good apart from that bit.

No they didn't do that for me but then I went through Paypal and ebay

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:29 am

Thanks Madmax. I went through ebay using the link you gave. They quoted me a total of $450 for panniers and rack. That bit about the place of birth just doesn't look right. I will check the net for Italian taxes and see what forms are used to see if it matches. If not, just buying the panniers and using paypal should give me some cover. The contact was Andri and the rest of the quote seemed fine and the comms was via ebay and they are a big seller.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 02 Apr 2014, 8:58 am

My (Italian) seller did ask for a phone number (to put on the shipping note) but not place & date of birth - can't see how that exempts the VAT as you could be born in Oz and moved to Italy or visa versa.

Looking back on old emails from him, he did mention that the VAT was bering charged, but also gave me a 20% discount, so it was pretty much expunged.  The packages were shipped on 5 Apr and arrived on my door step 13 Apr. I know some say it's not 100% safe, the payment was made through PayPal which made me a little easier about the transaction.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:03 am

Thanks gents. I will purchase and ensure it goes through PayPal and eBay as I'm sure the comms were from the retailer. Nobody said I had to give them the correct info so I will see what happens to the discount. A few conversations with them fist should help me to grow my confidence of this transaction and eBay covers loss if PayPal used.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

Andrea was the guy I spoke to and he is real helpful. I'm sure everything is above board. Just make sure you get an itemised invoice. At first he just sent me a Paypal invoice for the total amount. When I insisted for it to be itemised he obliged immediately, no problem at all.

Shipping took about a week  Very Happy 

I'm not sure what the DOB is about, unless its a new thing, mind you I only bought my panniers in November. Maybe he's been in trouble with the tax office for not dotting the I's and crossing the T's

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:02 am

Ha ha yep I bet all tax offices around the world are the same

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:15 pm

Thanks guys.  Been reading this topic and has helped heaps.  I ordered V35 and V46 though PIQUonline  (Thanks for recommending them Madmax.)  Most of it has arrived, but still waiting for the top box and plate, (at least I hope it's still on its way). Just installed the racks.  I have a 2012 model, same as you pdrider.   Was a bit stuck when shifting the indicators because wires weren't long enough, but then I read somewhere on the forum that wires should go under the brake light lens. Found all I needed to do was push the lens up gently to create the space to feed through the wires..  Problem solved.  Very Happy 
How did you go pdrider? How long did your order take to arrive?

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 Racks112
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Sun 13 Jul 2014, 1:08 pm

Hi GSXChris

I took ages to order from the place you used but items were pretty quick considering from Italy. Unfortunately, I had some issues which I'm still trying to resolve. They sent me a rack for a FZ1 instead as the numbers are very similar. I sent the old one back as Andrea admitted it was there mistake. Fair enough I thought, they had been good to that point. I sent the wrong one back about 3-4 weeks ago. Since then I have had a couple of emails telling me not to worry, there was a delay in right part being available. Two emails saying the rack would be sent no later than Tues/Wed of next week. That lasted 2-3 weeks with the same answer. Then she had "vacation" and hadn't sent as suggested. Apparently the rack was being sent tomorrow (Last Monday). Now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives early next week. I have sent two emails asking her to confirm if it has been sent but no answer back. I asked for my refunded postage ($112 to Italy was cheapest I could get to meet their timeline). She didn't like the price but I indicated that's all I could do. I have asked for it back but again no response. I'm going to wait this week and if I don't hear I will raise an issue with Paypal and ebay (although not purchased through ebay) and see if I can get any joy. Ultimately I just want the rack I need as the panniers look great on the floor of the garage but I'll get bored with looking at them eventually as they would look much better on the bike.

I think that if the order is sent correctly there seems to be a great opportunity to get a good deal. Sometimes the downside of this type of transaction is when it goes wrong. They are not keen to increase there outgoings and postage here is much more expensive than Italy to Aus. I'm keeping legs, fingers and anything else crossed that it comes through but I think my patience is being tested.

It sounds like you are well on track to get yours and I'm sure they will deliver as intended as everything tells me they do. Maybe I will get an outcome.

Cheers

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Sun 13 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

Fortunately all the parts they sent were what I asked for so far.  There was a slight error on the initial invoice with the luggage being the Tech versions,  (which wouldn't have been terrible but I preferred the look of the red reflectors, not the smoked ones.) Good that I checked and they made the correction to the invoice with out any drama.
I received one parcel last week. Although the accompanying paperwork wasn't exactly the items in the parcel, I presume they must have just split the order into two parcels and remaining two items are still to arrive.   I will chase it up if it doesn't arrive next week.
The V35s look pretty good on the bike, and glad they arrived at least as they're the most expensive items.
Good luck with getting your racks pdrider.
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:13 pm

Thanks. I would love to see the photos of yours with the topbox and panniers on as I have thought about that too. What size box did you go for?

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 13 Jul 2014, 7:48 pm

pdrider wrote:Hi GSXChris

I took ages to order from the place you used but items were pretty quick considering from Italy. Unfortunately, I had some issues which I'm still trying to resolve. They sent me a rack for a FZ1 instead as the numbers are very similar. I sent the old one back as Andrea admitted it was there mistake. Fair enough I thought, they had been good to that point. I sent the wrong one back about 3-4 weeks ago. Since then I have had a couple of emails telling me not to worry, there was a delay in right part being available. Two emails saying the rack would be sent no later than Tues/Wed of next week. That lasted 2-3 weeks with the same answer. Then she had "vacation" and hadn't sent as suggested. Apparently the rack was being sent tomorrow (Last Monday). Now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives early next week. I have sent two emails asking her to confirm if it has been sent but no answer back. I asked for my refunded postage ($112 to Italy was cheapest I could get to meet their timeline). She didn't like the price but I indicated that's all I could do. I have asked for it back but again no response. I'm going to wait this week and if I don't hear I will raise an issue with Paypal and ebay (although not purchased through ebay) and see if I can get any joy. Ultimately I just want the rack I need as the panniers look great on the floor of the garage but I'll get bored with looking at them eventually as they would look much better on the bike.

I think that if the order is sent correctly there seems to be a great opportunity to get a good deal. Sometimes the downside of this type of transaction is when it goes wrong. They are not keen to increase there outgoings and postage here is much more expensive than Italy to Aus. I'm keeping legs, fingers and anything else crossed that it comes through but I think my patience is being tested.

It sounds like you are well on track to get yours and I'm sure they will deliver as intended as everything tells me they do. Maybe I will get an outcome.

Cheers

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble. I feel a little guilty after recommending them and then it all goes pear shape. Both of my dealings with Andrea were excellent, and with that I'm sure they will make everything right. Before you make a case against them try to contact them again.

BTW I believe Andrea is a male name in italy  Laughing 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Sun 13 Jul 2014, 8:18 pm

No need to feel guilty madmax. Im halfwaybthere and still trying. I like you still have some faith in the outcome. I wouldnt claim until no answers come at all and rack may arrive yet. Looks like they are still selling successfully. 

Always wondered if it was a male name. I should have listened at school!!

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

pdrider wrote:Thanks. I would love to see the photos of yours with the topbox and panniers on as I have thought about that too. What size box did you go for?

Yeah,  I will take some photos when my V46 top case arrives.   I've seen lots of promo pictures of the GSX1250FA with a smaller monolock top case but I thought it would make more sense to go with a monokey top case to match the V35 monokey side cases.  Givi make a brake light kit for the V46 which I may get in the future, although my brother-in-law is pretty handy with LED lights, circuit boards etc.  So might convince him to do some running, brake, and indicator LEDs.
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

GSXChris wrote:
pdrider wrote:Thanks. I would love to see the photos of yours with the topbox and panniers on as I have thought about that too. What size box did you go for?

Yeah,  I will take some photos when my V46 top case arrives.   I've seen lots of promo pictures of the GSX1250FA with a smaller monolock top case but I thought it would make more sense to go with a monokey top case to match the V35 monokey side cases.  Givi make a brake light kit for the V46 which I may get in the future, although my brother-in-law is pretty handy with LED lights, circuit boards etc.  So might convince him to do some running, brake, and indicator LEDs.

I just added the E135 lighting kit for my V47 case, sorry no photos yet. The good thing with the Givi kit is it has automatic connector between the case and the mounting plate. No need to fiddle around doing up connectors each time you put the case on or off.
The bad thing is they only do 1 light, brake or tail depending on how you hook it up.

As far as I know they don't do one for the V35s but Admore Lighting do. Although their kit does use manual connectors which I guess just hang lose when not in use  Neutral 

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:14 pm

Didn't have to wait long.  The remaining parts arrived today.

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 _1080010

Looking for Panniers and maybe top box - Page 2 _1080011
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 4:11 pm

Nice one. Looking good. Just remember that you have them on before you filter at the lights.  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Mon 14 Jul 2014, 4:30 pm

Bosco15 wrote:Nice one. Looking good. Just remember that you have them on before you filter at the lights.   Cool 
Yes indeed  lol.   I have already been trying to get out of the habit.  I also had second thoughts about getting panniers after watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b424iGkWe0Q
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 14 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

Looks good, glad it all turned up.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 14 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm

Poor bugger.
I know that bikes can go places that cars can't, & I often do, but there are some places that you just shouldn't be.
On a boat is one of those places.  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 14 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm

This chap has done a good job installing the Givi LED kit plus some of his own additions:

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next