Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting of HIDS

2 posters

Go down

Fitting of HIDS Empty Fitting of HIDS

Post  Davo Mon 31 Aug 2009, 2:48 pm

I have fitted a HID on my low beam only. Being the cheapscate I am I ordered a unit from Hong Kong. Just a couple of things to be aware of. The unit(s) were for a car so I got two lights for about A$120 delivered.

Thing to note. The HID I received had a globe that was quite a bit longer than the original halegon light. As a result I had to put two washers on the inside of the globe so that it did not keep touching pointy middle bit of the low beam reflector. (about 5mm needed). The uoside was that I did not need to put washers on the back to hold the light in place as per other web sites advise (TWT and Maxim) I also soldered the two wires that go to the start switch that isolate the low beam on start up. I found this info on the Maxim Suzuji Web site.

The balast seems to have some sort of protection on voltage drop or warm up of the light. Because if I jump on my bike turn the key and hit the starter immediately, the light sometimes does not come on. The only way to redress this is to switch off, then switch on, count to 6 and then hit the starter.

Otherwise the light is absolutly brilliant and now I can see everything. So now I havce a spare ballast, wiring harness and globe. Anybody in Melbourne interested? If so make an offer

David

Davo

Back to top Go down

Fitting of HIDS Empty Re: Fitting of HIDS

Post  1836 Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:36 pm

So how much better is the light? Was it worth the effort? It seemed to be a bit of a nuisance to fit.

Back to top Go down

Fitting of HIDS Empty fitting of HIDS

Post  Davo Tue 01 Sep 2009, 11:58 pm

It was not a real problem. By reading other WEB sites I established what was needed. The only thing I was not aware of was the longer globe length. The effort is worth it- the light is so brilliant that it is like day at night. No more yellow light and at speed it is hardly necessary to have high beam on.

Davo

Back to top Go down

Fitting of HIDS Empty Re: Fitting of HIDS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down