Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nsw greenslip

+15
Badger
Jimmy the Boy
holdenman
Jimcoleman
Mpottsy
moto1
b12mick
Hammy
stevemcc
barry_mcki
Kaupy1962
ThatOtherGuy
Cameron
gus
RobRz
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Empty nsw greenslip

Post  RobRz Wed 05 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

whats going on with greenslips? the cheapest I can find for a 96 b12 is $780 but most are over $900?

my full comprehensive is only $240!!!!

anyone know of cheap ones ?

Rob

RobRz

Back to top Go down

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Empty Re: nsw greenslip

Post  b12mick Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:29 pm

Jimmy,

here's the prices for my bike ('02 1200).

Prices (incl. MCIS Levy & GST)
Insurer

6-month Price

12-month Price

Price Breakdown

Phone
Web Site

nsw greenslip - Page 2 AAMI

$324.50

$630.19

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Breakdown

132 244

www.aami.com.au

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Allianzlogo_auth

$322.00

$626.00

1300 137 664
www.allianz.com.au

CIC-Allianz

$317.00

$618.00

1300 360 340

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Gio

$218.64

$424.35

131 010

www.gio.com.au

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Nrma

$260.95

$506.62

132 132
www.nrma.com.au

nsw greenslip - Page 2 QBE

$317.00

$616.00

133 723
greenslip.qbe.com

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Zurich

$320.00

$623.00

1800 811 099

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

Mick, How do you get $424 out of GIO? I was in there this morning and it was $636 without Fully comp.
Unless the 3 years age difference matters? I was quoted $386 if I have full comp so my next question to
everyone is, who has the best value fully comp insurance? Badgers sounds real good at $ 317.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsim Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Mick, How do you get $424 out of GIO? I was in there this morning and it was $636 without Fully comp.
Unless the 3 years age difference matters? I was quoted $386 if I have full comp so my next question to
everyone is, who has the best value fully comp insurance? Badgers sounds real good at $ 317.

I got full comp through Swann when I picked mine up at the dealers for $416
They even do pay by the month at no additional charge if you wanted to.
Tsim
Tsim

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:36 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Mick, How do you get $424 out of GIO? I was in there this morning and it was $636 without Fully comp.

I just put my details in and hey presto there were the prices. I have a clean licence, full no claim bonus from Western QBE and haven't had an accident in 8 years.

Do you have any points on your licence? Have you claimed/had an accident in the last 2 years?.

For full comp my wife and I are with Western QBE, they are consistently better value than any other company (for us anyway). I've dealt with Swann for a claim and between them, the assessor and the bike shop I got stuffed around and was without a bike for 3 months. My wife claimed with WQBE 12 months ago and within a month it was all sorted and the money was in the bank - the only hold ups were caused by us and the Christmas break not by the insurance company.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 11 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Cheers Mick, The difference is you have fully comp and I ( foolishly ) don't. I'll have a look at QBE & SWANN. Thanks guys. Smile
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:09 am

Jimmy, what capacity are you putting in for your bike? I used 1157 not 1200.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:53 pm

Mick , I put 1157. Seems I have to get fully comp to get it down under $400.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  WISA Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:18 pm

Guys,

The CTP and Comprehensive insurance thing is just an industry rort. (Isn't it ????)

I can't see any valid reason (of additional insurance risk) for a premium variation on CTP that relates to whether you have comprehensive insurance or not.

CTP is for 'Personal Injury' only

Comprehensive is for 'Property Damage' only (unless you have a comprehensive policy that specifically states otherwise).............as far as I understand, you can't (typically) claim against someone's comprehensive insurance for personal injuries that are sustained.

I might be off track or missing something here......but I think the link made by insurers, between CTP and Comprehensive premium levels, is nothing more than a systemic industry attempt to bludgeon drivers/riders into taking additional insurance beyond the driver's perceived/real needs.I think most insurers operate on a 'knock for knock' basis, which is sorta like an underwriting of each other...but, for comprehensive insurance purposes, under-insured drivers punch holes in the insurers' risk/profit profiles.

As an example, I plugged in details for two quotes (same insurer).....the only difference being whether I had Comprehensive/TPPD insurance or not (provider/insurer didn't matter).....CTP with Comp/TPPD..$609 , without...$932...Shocked...Mad

WISA

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

Some Comprehensive insurance policies have a 'public liability' component. I know mine with QBE does.

I did read somewhere that there has been a increase of between 5% and 17% depending on the capacity and location of the bike.

MCCNSW are talking to Duncan Gay the Roads Minister about it, unfortunately though the CTP comes under the Finance Ministry. With the departure of Rob Colligan from the NSW Motorcycle Alliance I fear we are left with the same old amateur organisation (MCCNSW) who at times are more concerned about badges and patches than actually lobbying.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  WISA Tue 15 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

Some Comprehensive insurance policies have a 'public liability' component. I know mine with QBE does.

The 'public liability' component (and limit of liability) mentioned and/or included in most (if not all) insurers' comprehensive motorcycle/car policies, can vary from insurer to insurer.........At the same time, most (if not all) insurers (including QBE, according to their website) will exclude coverage of personal injury liability under their comprehensive policies, regardless of the level of public liability cover. They do this on the basis that 'personal injury' insurance is provided by the CTP policies....QBE mentions 'top-up' coverage for personal injury under their comprehensive car policy (I didn't see it mentioned in the motorcycle policy document), but limits it to an amount which exceeds the accepted CTP coverage of the at fault driver's vehicle and also their own limit for liability cover.

Most of us aren't even properly advised (upfront) by the insurers or the government what level of liability/coverage the insurance premiums for CTP are meant to cover and whether or not additional 'personal injury' insurance should even be required........scratch

MCCNSW are talking to Duncan Gay the Roads Minister about it, unfortunately though the CTP comes under the Finance Ministry.

Yes, the MCCNSW indicate in their most recent news that NSW riders should expect a favourable change to CTP/Greenslip charging in the early part of this year.....that is very encouraging,.............. but I wonder whether it will include the elimination of the current 'coupling' of CTP/Comprehensive premium levels that most insurers are addicted to........I am a lot more pessimistic about a favourable change there.......... (was it even discussed with government?)

WISA

Back to top Go down

nsw greenslip - Page 2 Empty favourable change my ass

Post  RobRz Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

this was posted on the MCC facebook page

Beware as the NSW Greenslip prices for 1126-1325cc City and Country go up 5% and >1325 Country go up 17.6% as of February 4th. This is despite the fact the MAA's relativities report from 2012 (On their website) recommends a decrease for all but >1325 Country. Call Duncan Gays office and ask him what is going on.

RobRz

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:08 pm

RobRz wrote:this was posted on the MCC facebook page

Beware as the NSW Greenslip prices for 1126-1325cc City and Country go up 5% and >1325 Country go up 17.6% as of February 4th. This is despite the fact the MAA's relativities report from 2012 (On their website) recommends a decrease for all but >1325 Country. Call Duncan Gays office and ask him what is going on.

Duncan Gays isn't the Minister responsible for the CTP. The minister for Finance is the person the MCC needs to talk to. This has been pointed out to them already.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  WISA Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:35 pm

Duncan Gays isn't the Minister responsible for the CTP. The minister for Finance is the person the MCC needs to talk to. This has been pointed out to them already.

The Motor Accident Authority (under the Finance and Services Minister) is responsible and that is where the MCCNSW (as they state) were to be representing motorcycle owners' concerns, during December 2012......why would they state reductions in motorcycle CTP should be expected if it is already known that increases are to be applied from February 2013? Surprised:shock:

I (for one) have prepared a letter to the MAA, requesting a proper explanation of the apparent distinctions in CTP pricing that exist with regard to additional (or lack of) comprehensive/TPPD coverage (this has got to be a form of price revenue gouging!!).......why doesn't everyone affected do the same!

WISA

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:07 am

Thinking about it logically, if you have full comprehensive insurance with 60% no claim bonus it would indicate you have a low risk of having an accident, think of it as a reference to show that you deserve a cheaper price than someone else who doesn't have that.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  WISA Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:58 am

Thinking about it logically, if you have full comprehensive insurance with 60% no claim bonus it would indicate you have a low risk of having an accident, think of it as a reference to show that you deserve a cheaper price than someone else who doesn't have that.

Yes, I can see and agree with that logic. I expect that's probably one of the supporting arguements the MAA/insurers could use........so I requested a quote stating that I had no additional comprehensive/TPPD insurance and that I had 2 at fault accidents in the last 2 years.....the result was the same quoted value.

Perhaps if they were serious about fair and competitive quotes (and less interested in gouging additional insurance) they would all consider comprehensive/TPPD that may be held on other vehicles and also provide lower rates for demonstrated individual safe rider record (accidents/infringements) on motorcycles...........that would also seem logical, wouldn't it?

WISA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 8:12 pm

Just when I thought I couldn't hate the bastards any more than I already do, Ive just got on line to pay my $386 greenslip price I got last week with GIO if Im fully insured, only to find out its now $424.35. WTF!!! Here we go again.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Fri 18 Jan 2013, 9:34 am

Jimmy the Boy wrote:Just when I thought I couldn't hate the bastards any more than I already do, Ive just got on line to pay my $386 greenslip price I got last week with GIO if Im fully insured, only to find out its now $424.35. WTF!!! Here we go again.

time to make some phone calls.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2