Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healtech Obd Tool

4 posters

Go down

Healtech Obd Tool Empty Healtech Obd Tool

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:46 am

I finally got around to connecting the OBD Tool to the bandit. The first thing I noticed was Error: Secondary throttle position sensor malfunction, and Secondary Throttle motor malfunction. I thought these errors should show up on the speedo as error codes? Anyway I have reset the ISC and deleted the errors so I'll check after the next ride to see if it comes up again.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Healtech Obd Tool Empty Healtech Obd Tool

Post  paul Mon 25 Jun 2012, 3:10 pm

Did you remove your secondary butterflies & would that cause it ?......................... I don't know , but just a thought.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Healtech Obd Tool Empty Re: Healtech Obd Tool

Post  kewwig Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm

I have been thinking about getting one. Easy to use and set up?

Last edited by kewwig on Tue 26 Jun 2012, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:25 pm

Very easy. Just plug it into a laptop and the white port under the right side cover. Turn the ignition on and click connect.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:27 pm

paul wrote:Did you remove your secondary butterflies & would that cause it ?......................... I don't know , but just a thought.
Could have been the reason. I'm going to put the secondarys back in but leave the K&N air filter. When I get a chance that is.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:32 am

paul wrote:Did you remove your secondary butterflies & would that cause it ?......................... I don't know , but just a thought.

So long as you only removed the plates (and little screws) then no. Unless there is some recalcitrant error due to you moving the shaft while doing the job maybe. Clearing the codes should be all that is needed unless there is a problem.

With the HT OBD tool hooked up and reading stuff (ign on, engine not running) twist the throttle and the 2nd fly sensor should read changes if all is well.

No need to take the TB's out to check them, you should be able to see the shaft moving by removing the air filter and looking with a torch (a mirror helps too) when you do the above.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

dhula wrote:

So long as you only removed the plates (and little screws) then no. Unless there is some recalcitrant error due to you moving the shaft while doing the job maybe. Clearing the codes should be all that is needed unless there is a problem.

With the HT OBD tool hooked up and reading stuff (ign on, engine not running) twist the throttle and the 2nd fly sensor should read changes if all is well.

No need to take the TB's out to check them, you should be able to see the shaft moving by removing the air filter and looking with a torch (a mirror helps too) when you do the above.

I rode it to work yesterday and for some reason it's idling at 1700rpm and when I give it a rev it drops off slowly when i release the throttle instead of dropping back straight away. Also with engine running the secondary throttle sensor is reading 15%
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

Check the vacuum line and electrical connection to your ISC (a vacuum hose runs to it under the tank)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

kewwig wrote:Check the vacuum line and electrical connection to your ISC (a vacuum hose runs to it under the tank)

Ok thanx. I'll check it out. Not riding at the moment. The missus pointed out a couple of marks on the rear tyre. I't's done 21,000k. On closer inspection the marks are cracks opening up. New one fitted tomorrow.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

dhula wrote:

Secondary throttle position sits on 15% until the motor is running. No more errors have appeared. Everything is functioning it's just that the throttle drops off slowly and the engine idles at 1500 instead of 1200
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down