Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

half arsed insurance work rant

+6
Kaupy1962
2wheelsagain
phill north
madmax
gus
Jimcoleman
10 posters

Go down

half arsed insurance work rant  Empty half arsed insurance work rant

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 03 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

It fucken steams me that we have to deal with arse wipes who shouldn't be in business, yes our infamous bega dealer who repaired my bike did a hash of it !!!

Now i am open to be corrected here but a repairer is suppose to bring the vehicle back to the original condition before the accident, that is exactly what the dealer didn't do, for starters the bike was chucked unceremoniously in a large mud hole covering the whole bike in mud, so what did they do just unbolted the damaged parts and bolted the new stuff on only cleaning what that had to, i have spent the whole weekend disassembling the bike and cleaning all the mud, stones, grass, frog shit and what else was in that smelly bog, also they didn't connect the seat release up so they had to break into the seat lock to fix that in the process they near cut two main wires from the main fuse, lucky my mates a sparky and fixed it , Geezus i am unhappy.................. on the upside it going to start looking like gus's bike soon clean wise, so moral of the storey is trailer it to Nowra or Canberra, and why didn't i take it back whats the point i would have got directed to the dept of blank looks and told if your not happy take it else where, just drop your strides whilst i give you a good reaming mr coleman, yeah thanks, thanks for fucking nothing

Ps sorry about the language for our more sensitive readers just change the F word to toilet duck
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

half arsed insurance work rant  Empty Re: half arsed insurance work rant

Post  gus Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:29 pm

Makes you wonder why someone didnt say ,thats not good enough .I can understand one idiot but the whole workforce ? Dissapointing ,its like the saying "dont ask me ,i only work here " .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

I can't believe they could be bothered cleaning it. The least they could have done was wash it down with a Karcher, before they started working on it. Nothing worse than working on dirty machinery.

Anyway how does it look now? Are you happy with it?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  phill north Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

Which bunch of lazy arsholes were they? So none of us will make the mistake of taking our bikes to them.
phill north
phill north

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:14 pm

Its worth while talking to your insurer and your repairers rep body (VACC here in Vic)
Its a good pointer to the rest of us to check our machinery prior to handing over the excess or payment.
I have knocked back a car because it wasnt up to scratch. A work car but I care enough.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:43 pm

That's poor customer service and the insurer should kick their arses. Whenever I do a job for someone, the unit goes out clean and the customer always leaves happy.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Freeway Sun 03 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

Not good enough. I've done my share of insurance jobs, the bike should go out the door as spotless as it can be, as it should with any job , they're a good earner for a workshop too. The thing to do is leave it there & call the assessor, the dickheads don't get paid til the job's completed & approved.

Freeway

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:15 pm

I hope you took some pictures of the state in which it was returned to you. If so, show them to the insurer and then go have a "nice" chat with the boss of the shop. I would not let it rest James.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

Yeah im gunna have a chat with swan and the bike shop cause i had to pull the whole bike apart, i got a rock the size of a marble out of one of the spokes on the front wheel and all three spoke where chokers with mud took some piccies
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:57 am

Makes you wonder at the type of "workmanship" that went into repairing your bike. If thats how they hand back a repaired bike to the customer, what does the stuff you cant see look like?
I hate insurance repairers. Ive never had a car/bike returned in a "as new" or "before accident" condition. Yes Ive pointed out my concerns, spoken to the insurance company etc.... now I just dont like/trust other people working on my car/bike. Mad

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:30 pm

I understand your angst .. It isn't Just a bike. It is your pride and joy, and you are the client. I have to say that I have had really good repair experiences, although the bike one was a long time ago in Melbourne when my badly crashed Yamaha 350 was repaired and returned in pristine condition. In Adelaide my wife got hit by someone running a red light and her Mazda SP20 was returned in better than new condition - the repairer completely resprayed the engine bay in clear coated gloss that perfectly matched the original - looked like a show car! Sometimes you get the good guys.
PIty it isn't every time!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down