Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Bandit from Brisbane

+6
paul
Ewok1958
2wheelsagain
Bosco15
madmax
pSiN
10 posters

Go down

First Bandit from Brisbane Empty First Bandit from Brisbane

Post  pSiN Sat 25 Jul 2015, 7:51 pm

G'day all,

After the last 2 and a half years and 60,000klm on my lams V-Star 650 I picked up my first big bike a few days ago and have become the proud owner of a 2010 GSF 1250s Smile

I have a 130klm a day commute (sold both my cars in the last year and have committed to being a bike only bloke till arthritis or some similar problem sends me back to cars for a sad tale end to my days... Razz ), and thought the Bandit would fit the bill perfectly to eat 1000klm every week (including my weekend recreational riding ranging along every twisty road i can find between Noosa and Lismore for as long each day as my ass can take! Smile ).

From the first twist of the throttle to the note of the Yoshi, the reassuring heft of her (same weight as my cruiser was but superior in every way including comfort), the samurai looks, commanding riding position and 'i win' button pull of the motor in every gear it's going to be a love affair that lasts as long as she will Smile.

A relaxed run out to Binna Burra today showed me that it'll be a little while before i can throw her into the corners with as much confidence as i did the V-Star, but i have no doubt that within a few thousand kilometers we'll be linked at the hips - can't wait for Sunday to put in a few hundred clicks on some of my favourite roads around the scenic rim.

Photo link (if it works) of the Bandit and my V-Star together at Binna Burra (second bike travelled courtesy of my moto-girlfriend the always up for adventure Triple B Smile ). (oops, new members can't post external links for a week - you'll all have to wait to see them... lol Smile )

See you out on the road

pSiN
pSiN
pSiN

Back to top Go down

First Bandit from Brisbane Empty Re: First Bandit from Brisbane

Post  madmax Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:03 pm

pSiN wrote:G'day all,

After the last 2 and a half years and 60,000klm on my lams V-Star 650 I picked up my first big bike a few days ago and have become the proud owner of a 2010 GSF 1250s Smile

I have a 130klm a day commute (sold both my cars in the last year and have committed to being a bike only bloke till arthritis or some similar problem sends me back to cars for a sad tale end to my days... Razz ), and thought the Bandit would fit the bill perfectly to eat 1000klm every week (including my weekend recreational riding ranging along every twisty road i can find between Noosa and Lismore for as long each day as my ass can take! Smile ).

From the first twist of the throttle to the note of the Yoshi, the reassuring heft of her (same weight as my cruiser was but superior in every way including comfort), the samurai looks, commanding riding position and 'i win' button pull of the motor in every gear it's going to be a love affair that lasts as long as she will Smile.

A relaxed run out to Binna Burra today showed me that it'll be a little while before i can throw her into the corners with as much confidence as i did the V-Star, but i have no doubt that within a few thousand kilometers we'll be linked at the hips - can't wait for Sunday to put in a few hundred clicks on some of my favourite roads around the scenic rim.

Photo link (if it works) of the Bandit and my V-Star together at Binna Burra (second bike travelled courtesy of my moto-girlfriend the always up for adventure Triple B Smile ). (oops, new members can't post external links for a week - you'll all have to wait to see them... lol Smile )

See you out on the road

pSiN

Welcome to the forum pSiN glad to hear your loving your new ride, they are awesome in their own way.
That restriction we put on new members is to stop them jumping on the forum just to sell shit.
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm

Welcome, pSiN. 
That's quite a commute each day. 
Look forward to the pics.
Bosco15
Bosco15

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm

Welcome aboard. 
I saw you register the other day and almost deleted the account as i was expecting spam Laughing
You're safe now Very Happy

The Bandit is sensitive to tyre pressures and loves new fronts so if cornering feels difficult check the round black bits.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm

Welcome to the forum pSiN (is that a chemical formula?)  cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 25 Jul 2015, 11:12 pm

Welcome to the forum pSiN  Very Happy
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 25 Jul 2015, 11:28 pm

Astute question, Dave. 

Phosphorus-doped silicon nitride (SiN(P)) layers have been investigated as dopant sources for laser-induced diffusion. Their optical properties were measured and revealed that reflectivity and refractive index were weakly affected by adding phosphorus (P) and that SiN(P) layers could consequently be used as anti-reflection coatings. These layers were also found to offer efficient surface passivation regardless of the introduced P quantity. Laser doping (LD) and thermal annealing (TA) were then carried out and showed that a wide doping range can be obtained from SiN(P) layers using both driving-in methods. Selective emitter solar cells were then processed using TA to realize the thin emitter and LD to pattern the heavily-doped areas to be metalized. Though cells results need to be further improved, SiN(P) layers appear to be extremely promising as dopant sources for low-thermal budget selective emitter solar cells processing.

I'm still none the wiser. Shocked
Bosco15
Bosco15

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Sun 26 Jul 2015, 12:08 am

Nah, it's cos he's pSin himself laffin everytime he gets on the bike.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 26 Jul 2015, 8:01 am

#Tag wrote:Nah, it's cos he's pSin himself laffin everytime he gets on the bike.
lol!

Welcome pSiN
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 26 Jul 2015, 8:54 am

Hi pSin and welcome to the house of FUN.  The Bandit is a great bike (for the $$$s). With a little tweek here and there it can be made even better. Lots of good advise here, and some of the guys n gals are OK as well Wink  

Enjoy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 26 Jul 2015, 11:07 am

Bosco15 wrote:Astute question, Dave. 

Phosphorus-doped silicon nitride (SiN(P)) layers have been investigated as dopant sources for laser-induced diffusion. Their optical properties were measured and revealed that reflectivity and refractive index were weakly affected by adding phosphorus (P) and that SiN(P) layers could consequently be used as anti-reflection coatings. These layers were also found to offer efficient surface passivation regardless of the introduced P quantity. Laser doping (LD) and thermal annealing (TA) were then carried out and showed that a wide doping range can be obtained from SiN(P) layers using both driving-in methods. Selective emitter solar cells were then processed using TA to realize the thin emitter and LD to pattern the heavily-doped areas to be metalized. Though cells results need to be further improved, SiN(P) layers appear to be extremely promising as dopant sources for low-thermal budget selective emitter solar cells processing.

I'm still none the wiser. Shocked

I think your over analysing it some what
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chettlingham Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:29 pm

Welcome to the board! 

I'll have to keep an eye out for you the the mountain roads around SEQ.
Chettlingham
Chettlingham

Back to top Go down

First Bandit from Brisbane Empty Half a week in.....

Post  pSiN Mon 27 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm

G'day all, and thanks to everyone that shouted out on this introduction thread.

My first weekend with the bandit gave us a pretty good getting to know each other run, some 800klm done between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon with two decent 'rides' that are old favourites of mine - the run to Binna Burra via Canungra coming from Tambourine on Saturday - which is when i learnt that i still have to consider weight when throwing the bandit into tight low speed bends ..... hehehehe. Then out to Ipswich, Brisbane Valley, up the back of Mt Glorious and through to Somerset looping back on the Kilcoy Road on Sunday, which is when i learnt that a Bandit can fly..... if you hit a ripply bridge under hard acceleration at approx 180klm..... xD.

Definitely getting to know each other.... lol.

Thanks for the advice regarding her sensitivity to front rubber pressure and condition, it felt a little floaty coming home from work today and sure enough, front tyre pressures weren't where they should have been.

Running Pirelli Angel ST's on here at the moment, but I'm already thinking that I'll give the GT's a run when these are ready to be switched out, they'll do for now.

At 6 foot smack on I find her pretty good size wise compared to some of the other bikes on offer that have similar capabilities, but even so, I've watched a video this afternoon, then pulled the seat and moved it from lowest to highest setting to see how that feels on the run to work and back tomorrow.

Seeing as it isn't going to rain for a few days (yep, it rained 4 days in a row after i bought her, though of course all that meant was i couldn't really push her much for the four days as i ride regardless of what sun, moon, cloud and wind have in store for me), so I'll be giving her a wash tomorrow and taking some fresh pictures - hope to be posting those in the near future and keeping everyone abreast of my progress with the big galut of brute Smile

Have a good one all.

pSiN (and yeh, it's an old 'hack' handle from back in the day when i was a baaaad boy, lol - unplugged and reformed now of course.... cough cough... )
pSiN
pSiN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down