Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shark Vision R Helmet

+18
barry_mcki
paul
NTBill
davlefabuleux
JAASMac
BoomGT
jaba01
rolls
truck
Kaupy1962
Hammy
NZspokes
reddog
madmax
Dekenai
Baz
Ewok1958
Jimcoleman
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Empty Shark Vision R Helmet

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

having bought my Shark Vision R last year i been quite happy with it, a little noisy but its comfort is was what sold me.

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Img_1531[/img]

Unfortunately i have been never really happy with the colour but once again comfort has been the over riding factor

things i really like about this Helmet
1. extremely comfortable
2. really good vision
3 flip down sunnies ( i love this feature )
4 Ventilation
5 never really fogged up on me

things i didnt like
1 Colour nicked named by a mate the red skunk
2. a little noisy
3 cost of replacement visors

so after all that it has been replaced due to my accident , what did i buy yep another shark Vision R

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Img_1532[/img]

i discovered that whilst its a vision r its a different model my old red & white one is a Becool and the new one is a Reveal, one big thing i noticed was how much quieter the new on is i think it s to do with the diffuser under neath the chin

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Img_1533[/img] [img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Img_1534[/img]

as you can see the difference between the two and i was actually staggered how quiet this helmet is i could comfortabley not wear ear plugs on short 1/2 day rides and i have had to turn the scala down 2 steps on the volume.

the built in sun visor is very handy and especially in foggy conditions, you can pop up the visor with the sunnies down and still give you protection and be able to see with out fogging up

over all I am very happy with the shark and recommend it

Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Empty Re: Shark Vision R Helmet

Post  truck Wed 10 May 2017, 4:21 pm

reddog wrote:Have you sent that picture to shark? My rsr2 was retired when it started taking apart

Did not think it was an option, but may consider. When your RSR2 came apart was it in the same as mine is delaminating?
Thanks.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 10 May 2017, 7:44 pm

No mate the liner was letting go. The rubber seal around the visor was falling apart. Both visors were too scratched and a replacement was over $100. In the shed it went with my old HJC and was replaced with a Shoei GT Air. The Shoei appears to be a helmet that is very well put together. Lots of cool things like removable cheek pads ( in case of emergency you can pull on the tabs and they come out to assist removing the helmet) and ratcheting chin strap is so much better than the D-ring buckles
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 10 May 2017, 7:59 pm

truck wrote:Not happy, never had this happen to previous helmets. Looks to me like the coating has faded a bit on top and then decided to let go. Structurally OK but . . .
Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 3 Wp_20128

Got to be an anomaly, I've got 3 shark helmets here, 2 are Vision R and no have done anything like that.

Definitely talk to Shark here in Australia, I've dealt with their rep here in Vic on 2 occasions and they have been great

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 10 May 2017, 8:41 pm

madmax wrote:
truck wrote:Not happy, never had this happen to previous helmets. Looks to me like the coating has faded a bit on top and then decided to let go. Structurally OK but . . .

Got to be an anomaly, I've got 3 shark helmets here, 2 are Vision R and no have done anything like that.

Definitely talk to Shark here in Australia, I've dealt with their rep here in Vic on 2 occasions and they have been great
+1 contact the supplier or manufacturer ,definitely looks odd.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3