Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does yours go numb? (females don't need to read!)

+9
Ewok1958
holdenman
Jimcoleman
mtbeerwah
Hammy
Buck
paul
Reardo
Bhoffo
13 posters

Go down

Does yours go numb?  (females don't need to read!) Empty Does yours go numb? (females don't need to read!)

Post  Bhoffo Sun 27 May 2012, 9:01 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.... or is it something that is unique to my anatomy... Rolling Eyes

When I go for a ride of any substantial length, the 'old fella' - (Johnson) - or whatever you'd like to call it tends to go 'numb'! I can still ride for 300 - 400 km but can this be good for it?? Numb for 2 hours or more can't be good - surely??

I've got the "Air Hawk" air seat cushion fitted.. and pretty sure that it's got near enough the correct amount of air pressure in it.. I'm fairly tall at 6ft 3" so perhaps that could have something to do with it too...? Question

Anyway... Interested to hear from those with a similar problem... (or are you all too embarrassed to say?) Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Does yours go numb?  (females don't need to read!) Empty Re: Does yours go numb? (females don't need to read!)

Post  Reardo Sun 27 May 2012, 9:13 pm

No probs for me mate. Do get the occasional traveller tho, it's all good till you pull up at the servo. Laughing

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Does yours go numb?  (females don't need to read!) Empty Re: Does yours go numb? (females don't need to read!)

Post  paul Sun 27 May 2012, 9:19 pm

No numb knob here .................maybe you could attach a wire from one of your spark plugs to it to keep it awake Shocked Sad Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Sun 27 May 2012, 9:24 pm

Bhoffo wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.... or is it something that is unique to my anatomy... Rolling Eyes

When I go for a ride of any substantial length, the 'old fella' - (Johnson) - or whatever you'd like to call it tends to go 'numb'! I can still ride for 300 - 400 km but can this be good for it?? Numb for 2 hours or more can't be good - surely??

I've got the "Air Hawk" air seat cushion fitted.. and pretty sure that it's got near enough the correct amount of air pressure in it.. I'm fairly tall at 6ft 3" so perhaps that could have something to do with it too...? Question

Anyway... Interested to hear from those with a similar problem... (or are you all too embarrassed to say?) Twisted Evil

Im not embarresed as im not a softcock (No pun intended?) air hawker but can report that when i too ride naked my (your not unique ) "old fella" cops a bit of flak and vibration. I now wrap mine in an old cricket bat cover lined with fur and place it to the left. Reserve switch can be a real fiddle now but I just watch my fuel utherwise I look a right wanker. Im 6 ft 3 too. I wouldnt know if my johnson was numb as my hands normally are and its a good thing for me..... Embarassed
Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 27 May 2012, 9:31 pm

It`s apparently caused by pressure on the pudendal nerve
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=174785

read asknot`s reply

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 27 May 2012, 9:41 pm

"Dear Dr Phil". "My Johnson is numb when I ride my bike".

"Dear Viewer". " Your Cock Ring is probably too small, and stop calling your wife a BIKE " !
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 27 May 2012, 9:59 pm

funny you should ask this,although on a different scale, when i was younger and injury free, i used to cycle alot,race and stuff, and used to do 250k rides for training, now my old friend alway used to go numb,and the only thing that used to stop it was get off and walk around,or stand on the peddles and cycle till the feeling came back. ITS NOT A NICE EXPERIENCE.. but in saying that,never had issue on a motorbike.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 28 May 2012, 6:57 am

i was always told sit on your hand for ten minutes and it can be any one you want, 300 k ride i suppose does the same thing
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 28 May 2012, 3:53 pm

never had a problem

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 28 May 2012, 5:00 pm

Bhoffo - you sure you haven't mixed up the blow-up airhawk with a blow-up doll? Three hours would probably send any of us numb (except the doll)! What kind of 'riding' were you doing? Razz Razz
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Mon 28 May 2012, 5:30 pm

How much will this cost and where do I get it Twisted Evil

The More People I Meet
The More I like My Dog
Rustic
Rustic

https://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Mon 28 May 2012, 7:25 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:i was always told sit on your hand for ten minutes and it can be any one you want, 300 k ride i suppose does the same thing

that only works if you like playing with someone elses...........

FarRider #412

Does yours go numb?  (females don't need to read!) Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  phill north Mon 28 May 2012, 11:43 pm

Basically its your dick nerve as was said before. One theory is that sitting on it for too long causes the blood flow around that part of the nerve to be restricted or congested. Arterial flow and venous flow (I said VENOUS flow) can be so reduced that the nerve has only limited function untill the pressure is removed. If it happens all the time and for very long periods the nerve can gradually become damaged and not pass its information back and forth as it should. If you look at many of the pushbike seat that are made these days you will notice that there is a deep groove running along the centre of the seat. This groove is designed to help take some of the pressure off the areas near where the nerves run. The standard bandit seat is really a very poor and lazy design.
Christ knows what sort of animal Suzuki used when working out the shape that had to fit in in the riders crutch.
Pudental nerve neuralgia, neuropathy (I think thats what its called) can be caused by many other reasons, disease, previous pelvic trauma, surgery, nerve entrapment. Its not just men that suffer from this condition, women also can have these problems and it affects their bits in a similar way.
If you start going numb, its time to stop and have a rest or walk around for a while.
phill north
phill north

Back to top Go down

Post  Pedr0 Wed 30 May 2012, 4:54 pm

I recommend accupuncture Twisted Evil

Pedr0

Back to top Go down

Post  Buck Wed 30 May 2012, 10:32 pm

Pedr0 wrote:I recommend accupuncture Twisted Evil

they will amputate for nueropathy Shocked so going the knitting needles and relaxation tape is a waste...

some topics you dont want photos and you dont want to know what happens...

Buck
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum