Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

+31
barry_mcki
GSF Tourist
jstava
fat pete
SuzySuzuki
Ron173
Phill
Big Al
Grover
Kiwisteve
mustang sally
sb1250
chips
grahame
madmax
Jimcoleman
gus
Hammy
Baz
boomer
reddog
paul
F
quizguy
Cameron
holdenman
Reardo
Ross.
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
35 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 2 Empty A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
I notice that it is about 2,000 - 2,100 kms from Adelaide to Brisbane (or Brisbane to Adelaide - take your pick). So what you might ask? Well, it offers an opportunity for many of us forum members to meet up somewhere roughly in the middle (don't ask me exactly where - I'm making this up as I go) - but it would have to be roughly half way. I know any kind of ride like this wouldn't suit the sandgropers, NT, NZ, USA, Italy, Greece, Sweden, etc members but that's just a fact of life with a country the size of Europe. I'm not talking about this year but what if we decided to have a big Bandit forum get together somewhere in the Spring/Summer of 2013? That should give enough advance notice for the wheels to be put in motion, surely. I'm quite happy to organise it.

Update (7Mar13):
Details are:
Date: 1 - 3 November 2013 (ie Friday nigtht & Saturday night for those wanting a two night stay)
Place: Cowra
Accommodation options: Option 1 - The Imperial Hotel (02 634102588) (prices start at $65 for a single room but are as low as $115 for an ensuite room with 1 dbl and 2 sgl beds). There are also ensuite rooms for two at $100 per room (1 dble, 1 sgl). Option 2 the Sovereign Inn (02 6342 1055) (price is $69 per person twin share or $127 for a single). It is directly opposite the Imperial across Kendal St - both look good. Book individually. Special group price will apply to all, irrespective of individual bookings.
Plans: Individuals organise their own rides to and from (with other members or solo, as preferred). Groups meet up at accommodation. Day trip to Bathurst for those interested on Saturday for a few laps of the circuit. Counter lunch in Bathurst. Pub meal in Cowra Sat night. Departure Sunday AM.

Last edited by Ewok1958 on Tue 12 Mar 2013, 9:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  Hammy Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:32 pm

Yes, it's not a bad existance Paul. I am currently trying to organise forming a local island MC club. There are quite a few bikers on the island. A Harley, Boulavard, Monster, B King, ST, FJR, and a few others. People I have spoken to are all keen on the idea, so I think we will get it up and running. The aim will be just a social club to raise a little funds that will in turn subsidise the cost of ferrying bikes over to the mainland for club rides. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited by Hammy on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Bandit Forum Get Together - Stage 1

Post  paul Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:34 pm

Hammy wrote:Yes, it's not a bad existance Paul. I am currently trying to organise forming a local island MC club. There are quite a few bikers on the island. A Harley, Boulavard, Monster, B King, ST, FJR, and a few others. People I have spoken to are all keen on the idea, so I think we will get it up and running. The aim will be just a socil club to raise a little funds that will in turn subsidise the cost of ferrying bikes over to the mainland for club rides. Will keep you all posted.

Great idea & if you can keep it non political you should all have a great time Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

paul wrote:Alas technically we are a continent though not an island Wink http://www.worldislandinfo.com/CONTISLAND.html

It could be worse, back in the 80's after we won the Americas Cup we were the in-continent. Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 11 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
paul wrote:Alas technically we are a continent though not an island Wink http://www.worldislandinfo.com/CONTISLAND.html

It could be worse, back in the 80's after we won the Americas Cup we were the in-continent. Laughing

excitement will do that sometimes lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 11 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

I'll be there, if you give me enough warning.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

Sounds good to me ewok, especially if i can get a few up this way to head down to
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Mon 12 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

depending on dates I would be up for a nice long ride.....

I once went to Sydney for a car club meet up :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

Love the support - here's to making this happen. drunken study
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 6:50 am

Hmmm, Im interested. This'll be a hoot!

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 13 Mar 2012, 7:59 am

Any idea of a possible meeting point Ewok. Maybe somewhere with a camping ground with cabins ? And of course a GOOD pub nearby. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 13 Mar 2012, 10:27 pm

I like your thinking Hammy. Location wise, it will be somewhere about midway between BNE and ADL (2WA's suggestion of Forbes has planted some seeds). The accommodation arrangements will be crucial to the success of the event.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 13 Mar 2012, 11:49 pm

Nothing like planning in advance. Time of year will be a major factor. Look forward to seeing it grow.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:08 pm

what about khancoben pub, nice lots of corners to get there
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang sally Thu 15 Mar 2012, 11:59 pm

Very interested in this idea. Doing the google maps thing it appears as if the Coba/Bourke region is about the midpoint between Adelaide and Brisbane. I don't want to insult anyone but from the satellite pics the Bourke camping site doesn't look too appealing. Anyway and Reardo I know will agree with me that the roads in that part of the world are so straight that they only appeal to the most dedicated long rider. Ok it isn't that far from Sydney but Bathurst is more romantic to the Australian Motörhead. And it's closer to the great dividing range which should be more attractive than the hay plains.
Just thinking.

Zero G DB Screen
mustang sally
mustang sally

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:32 am

Anyone REALLY bad at darts? Hang up a map (preferrably Australia!), and have a go! Yar never know - we might all be meeting at Hammys place!! Laughing Laughing Shocked

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

sb1250 wrote:Anyone REALLY bad at darts? Hang up a map (preferrably Australia!), and have a go! Yar never know - we might all be meeting at Hammys place!! Laughing Laughing Shocked

And what would be wrong with that ? But seriously guys n gals, and this is mainly to you Ewok (coz its your baby). I think the first thing to do would be to set up a small "committee", for lack of a better word. Consisting of one "organiser" from each state or territory, that is going to commute. That way a real plan can be set down and things can move on, and not just be thrashed about here. Phone numbers and emails will have to be exchanged and so on. Persons from each area will contact their "organiser" to discuss arrangements and so on.

ps. This in no way is a sign that I am putting up my hand.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  mustang sally Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

I concur Hammy. I volunteer someone else. Hang about, wasn't Canberra built because it was about midway between somewhere or another? Isn't Ewok from there? We can all camp there just don't make it during the winter.

Zero G DB Screen
mustang sally
mustang sally

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:51 am

mustang sally wrote:Very interested in this idea. Doing the google maps thing it appears as if the Coba/Bourke region is about the midpoint between Adelaide and Brisbane. I don't want to insult anyone but from the satellite pics the Bourke camping site doesn't look too appealing. Anyway and Reardo I know will agree with me that the roads in that part of the world are so straight that they only appeal to the most dedicated long rider. Ok it isn't that far from Sydney but Bathurst is more romantic to the Australian Motörhead. And it's closer to the great dividing range which should be more attractive than the hay plains.
Just thinking.
A big NO to bourke. Mad

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

I've never been to Bathhurst. So I would be OK with that. Can you actually ride around the race track to see what it is like ? Or is it a piece of private road now ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

Hammy wrote:I've never been to Bathhurst. So I would be OK with that. Can you actually ride around the race track to see what it is like ? Or is it a piece of private road now ?

I took the tarago around it years ago with the missus & kids aboard . Screeched the wheels etc. & I was most impressed. The missus & kids were however........ unmoved .( Dad just being Dad again) Rolling Eyes

I recon Ewok & co did a lap not so long ago Very Happy

Last edited by paul on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 11:45 am

Well I recon if we are serious about getting this "Bandit Meet" going. We firstly should decide on a place, and a date. Ewok ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:30 pm

Hammy wrote:I've never been to Bathhurst. So I would be OK with that. Can you actually ride around the race track to see what it is like ? Or is it a piece of private road now ?
It's open like a normal road, unless there is a race on.
I've taken my car around it. It blows your mind how steep it is, the blind crests and turns. I've got a 2003 5.7L V8 Calais & was So tempted to have a crack at the lap record Cool With AirCon on Laughing

Last edited by Reardo on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

Whens Stage 2
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:Whens Stage 2

Stage 2 might either be a ride that the western/northern guys do (a bit farrider style where they have farrider east and farrider west rides because the place is so bloody large that it is almost impossible to have a combined ride) or it might be a follow-up in 2014. I deliberately left the door open - glad you asked.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:25 pm

Bathurst is good for me. Very Happy

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next