Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrow Collectors ?

5 posters

Go down

Arrow Collectors ? Empty Arrow Collectors ?

Post  moto1 Fri 22 Apr 2011, 11:49 pm

Hi everyone, this question is more so directed to owners who have installed the arrow headers
Is it true that the oil filter tool does not work with these collectors? ie the clearence it too close for the filter tool to fit, if so how does one remove the oil filter if these headers are installed ?
any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Arrow Collectors ? Empty Re: Arrow Collectors ?

Post  Dekenai Sat 23 Apr 2011, 7:39 am

Have not done a filter change with mine yet, but there appears to be plenty of clearance... well at least as much as with the standard headers. RedDog will know 'cos I'm sure he has been there.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 23 Apr 2011, 7:46 am

You guys must be very clever there is no way i can use that cup tool on the oil filter .I can put the cup on but not the arm on the front to turn it .
I have to use a strap from the side .09 standard headers.I could on the air cooled motor but on water cooled they pushed it out more.
Welding glove where are you ? Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Sat 23 Apr 2011, 8:45 am

Easiest way to fix your problem is to use k&n filters that have a 17mm hex on the end and you only need a spanner to remove

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 23 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm

I do mine by hand and yes there is plenty of spacewith the new headers. Do you want a picture with a tape measure to give you an idea?

Okay so there is this much
Arrow Collectors ? IMG_9009

Maybe not quite enough for the tool. I do them by hand and never had one drip or come loose. Tighten until it just bites and then another half turn. Make sure you oil the rubber o'ring prior to doing it though.

We've had road works for some time around my place, so those that reckon my bike is dirty would be spot on. You're welcome to come wash it if you like Very Happy
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum