Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar ends... what experience have others had?

+2
reddog
Bhoffo
6 posters

Go down

Bar ends... what experience have others had? Empty Bar ends... what experience have others had?

Post  Bhoffo Mon 29 Oct 2012, 7:24 pm

I won a pair of 'Oxford' carbon bar ends by being involved in a Charity bike ride last Saturday... they're on the bike and I had a ride yesterday..at the moment I can't notice a hell of a lot of difference but have read elsewhere on this site that vibration with 'non-standard' bar ends can be an issue..

Since it's been a while since this topic has been mentioned I thought I'd rejuvenate it.. So... has anyone out there had experiences (good, bad or indifferent) with the Non-Standard Bar ends? Question

Back to top Go down

Bar ends... what experience have others had? Empty Re: Bar ends... what experience have others had?

Post  reddog Mon 29 Oct 2012, 8:52 pm

I've got ST machine 6 shooters on my bike. There's a touch more vibration as they are lighter than stock, but I don't have an issue with them. Here's what they look like
Bar ends... what experience have others had? 156464
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Bar ends... what experience have others had? Empty Re: Bar ends... what experience have others had?

Post  ThatOtherGuy Mon 29 Oct 2012, 9:17 pm

I use BMX barend plugs, I also fill the bars with expanding foam. Even with a formerly broken wrist I can ride all day no problems.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

I posted a pic showing my new bar ends previously:

Bar ends and levers

Oddly, the right hand bar end seems to vibrate slightly more than the left hand side. But not enough to make me change back to standard ones (which are a lot heavier). But my right bar clamp is upside down and that may be contributing in some way - I will change it over later this week.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Tue 30 Oct 2012, 8:27 am

I lost the right hand side and rode with just the left hand side fitted for a good few months, have since fitted non standard and never noticed any more or less vibrations through the bars.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 30 Oct 2012, 9:12 am

I have had eBay bar ends on until I lost the RH one so I went back to stock. There "was no difference in vibes in my opinion.
The RH vibrates more because its not fixed to the bar but compared to most bikes the 1250 doesnt vibrate Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Wed 31 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

Thanks for the replies guys... I ride badly enough as it is so I need all the help I can get... - don't want something 'on' that's going to make it harder for me! What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down