Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy tribute

+10
Anthony Pearce
Jimcoleman
paul
Re-Cycled
Bhoffo
Baz
Boatz
Grover
Ewok1958
bruiser2310
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Empty Grumpy tribute

Post  bruiser2310 Sat 21 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok guys,i know most of us did not go to Grumpy`s Funeral.I have seen pictures and it looked like a great day although not for good reasons.
I would like to ride down and pay tribute to the Great Man in person.The missus wants to come along too so we are going to plan a weekend.
I have been talking to Ash in act and he is in already.I did not realise how far down south it is but this is for Grumpy so an overnighter it is.
According to Google it is a 6 hour trip for me so frequent stops will be on the cards,the girl`s bum goes numb.My thoughts are to leave 1 Saturday and stay overnight somewhere,go to Grumpy`s grave on the Sunday and leave from there.
I cannot count how many funerals i have been to for fellow bikers but they are not pretty especially for the loved ones left behind.
I need to do this for myself to thank Grumpy for all his advise and good humour and to wish him well on the great highway in the sky.
Jeez that last bit sounds lame lol.
SO BE IT.
Anyone game for the ride?
Dates will be organised i am sure to suit everyone who is coming.
Having said that,there is no rush either cause the great man is not going anywhere.He is now resting.
Besides,it might take a while to get the plaque put on his grave so a later date would be good.
Ride safe gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Empty Re: Grumpy tribute

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:38 pm

Grover wrote:Bruiser, I have resent email to you about route options. I hope you get it.

Grover, after your strippers post, I'm hoping you've got all of the spelling right above!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:57 am

Ewok1958 wrote:
Grover wrote:Bruiser, I have resent email to you about route options. I hope you get it.

Grover, after your strippers post, I'm hoping you've got all of the spelling right above!

lol! lol! lol!

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

I'm still thinking PMs are not going through - I didn't get the one from Gus and Bhoffo hasn't responded re the question I sent to him. Our south seas sailing administrator might have to add some draino to the electronic pipes.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Empty about Grumpy

Post  Anthony Pearce Thu 01 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

I'm a newby. I joined because I bought grumpy's Bandit. I'd recommend you contact Monica:at South Coast Ulysses.
Anthony
Anthony Pearce
Anthony Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I'm still thinking PMs are not going through - I didn't get the one from Gus and Bhoffo hasn't responded re the question I sent to him. Our south seas sailing administrator might have to add some draino to the electronic pipes.

Sorry Ewok.... I've not received any PM's from you.... try again or go to : bhoffo@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

Thanks bhoffo,

Have sent you an email.

Regards,

ewok
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:15 pm

Spoke to Bruiser on the Dog yesterday.... we plan to meet up early on the 17th for the ride down, but 'where' are we going?? Maybe PM me an address Ewok when you have the chance... Neutral

Also, what do you think the state of your dirt track would be in the rain?? Not keen on muddy tracks with the road bike... (yes I'm a chicken at heart!!) Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

The weather here is crap (160mm of rain in the last 72 hrs). The Snowy Mts Hwy is currently closed - see pics.

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Bm0110

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Bm0210

Bega was evacuated this morning and an additional 100mm is forecast for the weekend! Have to re-assess Sunday night but I'm already suggesting we need to be thinking of alternative accommodation arrangements that don't involve dirt roads. I wouldn't expect anyone to ride on dirt that I wouldn't ride on, and right now, I would not be taking the bike to the ranch (and that's without another 100mm). Hotel/motel accommodation will up the cost obviously so all who are thinking of attending might think about that over the next 48 hrs.

Let's talk again post weekend.

PS: This is bruiser's ride so I'm not at all suggesting a ride cancellation, only a change to the accommodation arrangements.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

Thanks Ewok... the 'Ranch' would be good but not if you risk damaging yourself/others or the bike by getting there on a greasy wet dirt road... I'd be happy to hole up in a pub if need be.. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:09 pm

Any weather news Ewok?? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:03 pm

I didn'y get to the valley this weekend. But I did do a bit of searching on Wotif in case things don't improve over the next 2 weeks. There are planty of options in Merimbula alone without even looking at other nearby towns. It should be easy to get something suitable provided people are willing to share for under $50 per head if we have to. I suggest we just keep an eye on the weather over the next week and make a booking decision next weekend. Maybe Jim Coleman or Anthony could suggest a place in the even we have to book - or else I'll just work something out with Wotif. But if the weather is good between 10 - 17 March, the ranch will still be the preferred option.

On the grid seems to be:
- Bruiser
- Grover
- Bhoffo
- Ewok
- Baz
- Re-cycled
- JimColeman
- Anthony

I'm unclear if Boatz is in or out at this stage. If the above is not correct, please put you hand up. Smile
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

ok guys browns mountain is closed for a while but by the time you guys get here its will well and truly settled down, about 3 houses in bega where put on notice and a 1 or 2 people got evacuated, we got a bit wet but nothing like northwest of us... no floaties required .

so id say business as usual or if you want i can shop around for accommodation if required
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:30 pm

i could suggest albacore apartments, undercover parking right on the lake sleeps 4 at least spitting distance to the pub and clubs and maccas if you have a hangover
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Empty About coming to Merimbulah for Grumpy.

Post  Anthony Pearce Mon 05 Mar 2012, 3:32 pm

Brown's Mountain, ie the Snowy Mountains Highway, is closed for months. You can turn off it to Bombala and come down Mount Durras . The Princes Highway is open. The weather is beautiful today.
Accommodation: There is a bloke named Owen who lets very nice units at Eden (20 min. ride). Phone 02 64932007. He also has a crash pad at Candelo (20 min ride).
Anthony Pearce
Anthony Pearce

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Empty Re:Grumpy tribute

Post  bruiser2310 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

Ewok,

you are a legend.i am worried about the weather but as you say.see what happens.

the weather forecast however is rain for the whole month.

If it gets to be dangerous or not recommended by the authorities a change of date might be on the cards,maybe?

just thinking out loud.sit and wait?

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I didn'y get to the valley this weekend. But I did do a bit of searching on Wotif in case things don't improve over the next 2 weeks. There are planty of options in Merimbula alone without even looking at other nearby towns. It should be easy to get something suitable provided people are willing to share for under $50 per head if we have to. I suggest we just keep an eye on the weather over the next week and make a booking decision next weekend. Maybe Jim Coleman or Anthony could suggest a place in the even we have to book - or else I'll just work something out with Wotif. But if the weather is good between 10 - 17 March, the ranch will still be the preferred option.

On the grid seems to be:
- Bruiser
- Grover
- Bhoffo
- Ewok
- Baz
- Re-cycled
- JimColeman
- Anthony

I'm unclear if Boatz is in or out at this stage. If the above is not correct, please put you hand up. Smile

Unfortunately i cannot make this ride as i am bowling in Tuggeronong that weekend. Sorry for the late notice. Have been unable to log-on lately. Just had to reset my password for some reason. Hope you all have a good time.
Cheers Boatz.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Tue 06 Mar 2012, 1:42 pm

Hey Bruiser... with all those roads closed/unpassable we'll have to sort out the best (most enjoyable) route down... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 9:58 pm

Bhoffo, I think I can speak for Grover but we'd be happy to meet up with you should you choose to come down through Oberon to Goulburn or thereabouts. When you and Bruiser have a route planned just let us know and we'll work out if/where we can meet up. No problems at all if you decide on another route option. We can always meet up with you somewhere in the valley or enroute to the valley (as with some of the other guys). Cool
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:15 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Bhoffo, I think I can speak for Grover but we'd be happy to meet up with you should you choose to come down through Oberon to Goulburn or thereabouts. When you and Bruiser have a route planned just let us know and we'll work out if/where we can meet up. No problems at all if you decide on another route option. We can always meet up with you somewhere in the valley or enroute to the valley (as with some of the other guys). Cool

Thanks Ewok - sounds like a plan. Smile Just got off the phone from Bruiser and confirmed that is what we will probably do (get to Goulburn via Oberon) and meet you and Grover ????? (Where)... Bruiser is going to make contact with you guys I believe in the next couple of hours/days and then we'll work out the finer details. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:32 pm

Sounds good Bhoffo. Grover has gone missing (Question ) but when he returns I'll talk to him about options - I have something a bit unusual in mind but it may not suit Grover. As to where to meet in Goulburn, what about the visitor's centre (the blue flag below). What time do you reckon you'll be there?

Grumpy tribute - Page 3 Goulbu10
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

Is that near the old Macca's??? At this stage we're looking at leaving up here around 8am... so I'd be thinking between 10.15 and 10.45am down there...Reckon a coffee might be on the agenda when we arrive...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 09 Mar 2012, 8:50 pm

Or.... we could meet at the new Macca's on the south side near the Big Ram???

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:31 pm

Ok, let's say 10.45 at the new Maccas - if there's any change to that (from either end) just holler!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 09 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Ok, let's say 10.45 at the new Maccas - if there's any change to that (from either end) just holler!

Great, looking forward to the weekend, meeting up with you guys again, meeting other members and having a ride! bounce (I'll have a Large Cappuccino on skim milk thanks - no sugar! lol! )

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 09 Mar 2012, 11:52 pm

can you guys tell me what time your getting to the bay as i plan to scoot up to the bay and meet you there as i am coming from merimbula its only a 1 1/2 hour trip for me so i just like a ball park time of where in the bay and what time .

i also suggest if any one is coming down via cooma to turn off and go down the maffra rd (no not victoria) this is on the right just before the big concrete bridge on the eastern side of cooma

this takes you to the dalgety rd turn left and follow all the way to ando, then right onto the monaro highway to bombala then down the darragh to pambula it all good bitumen and should be mostly police free but be careful from the bottom of the darragh to pambula on the other hand if go to nimmitabel then down the monaro highway its all chopped up and i came home from work on tuesday and from the turn off to bibbenluke was worst than gravel i had to toot my horn to see if there was any one in the pot holes , i reckon that whole stretch will need to re built.

look forward to the times
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next