Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy tribute

+10
Anthony Pearce
Jimcoleman
paul
Re-Cycled
Bhoffo
Baz
Boatz
Grover
Ewok1958
bruiser2310
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 5 Empty Grumpy tribute

Post  bruiser2310 Sat 21 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok guys,i know most of us did not go to Grumpy`s Funeral.I have seen pictures and it looked like a great day although not for good reasons.
I would like to ride down and pay tribute to the Great Man in person.The missus wants to come along too so we are going to plan a weekend.
I have been talking to Ash in act and he is in already.I did not realise how far down south it is but this is for Grumpy so an overnighter it is.
According to Google it is a 6 hour trip for me so frequent stops will be on the cards,the girl`s bum goes numb.My thoughts are to leave 1 Saturday and stay overnight somewhere,go to Grumpy`s grave on the Sunday and leave from there.
I cannot count how many funerals i have been to for fellow bikers but they are not pretty especially for the loved ones left behind.
I need to do this for myself to thank Grumpy for all his advise and good humour and to wish him well on the great highway in the sky.
Jeez that last bit sounds lame lol.
SO BE IT.
Anyone game for the ride?
Dates will be organised i am sure to suit everyone who is coming.
Having said that,there is no rush either cause the great man is not going anywhere.He is now resting.
Besides,it might take a while to get the plaque put on his grave so a later date would be good.
Ride safe gentlemen

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 5 Empty Re: Grumpy tribute

Post  Bhoffo Tue 13 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Sounds like a plan. So revised timings are:

- Goulburn: 11.30am latest (meet at the Big ram Maccas with the vegged out Bandits from the north, overfilled with chocolate moccas!)
- Tarago (lunch at the pub): 12.00pm - 1.00pm (1 full hr allocated!)
- Bateman's Bay: 2.15pm - 2.30pm
- Narooma: 3.30pm Caravan Park (Van Village/Easts Caravan Park)

Drinks run to follow to ensure supplies for the evening, dinner at O'Brien's pub (walk to and from).

Sunday: visit gravesite in morning, pay respects, and head back north/south - whatever suits best.

And no bloody dirt on any of the trip, including roadworks!

Jincoleman and Anthony: you guys ok with the plan and the accommodation?

I like it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 6:45 am

Enjoy lads! Pics, or it never happened! Cool

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Still no reply from Jimcoleman or Anthony?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 14 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

Better take your brollies lads , a storm is passing through Adelaide tonight & heading over that way.

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

sorry i have been a bit illusive just a heap of weddings on (videographer), saturday might be a problem of me as i have 40th birthday to shoot on the saturday night and i have to be there by 5 pm

So i will catch up with you Sunday at Bermi just let me know what time after that i suggest a ride down the famous bermi tathra rd and for you to scoot off to bombala up to ando across to maffra and to cooma and home that way much more fun than the highway
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 9:47 pm

Ta mate, no problems. I don't know at this stage what time we are likely to be in Bermagui (as I don't actually know where we are going!).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Thu 15 Mar 2012, 6:52 am

Gents

I am back from my ride. I am good with all of the above, except I have some concerns about "coupling" with Ewok.

The cemetery is on the Bermy-Tathra Road. I suggest we get there about 10-10:30 on Sunday. How do people feel about that?

I want to let Mrs Grumpy know what time we will be there as she may want to call in - up to her. I will email her today and let her know we are coming.

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

Fellas

Below is the message I got back from Mrs Grumpy (Judy). I told her we would get there around 10-10:30am as I wanted to give her some notice of our arrival.

"that is a really nice gesture and he will be pleased to see you all. the Bermagui Cemetery is on the road to Tathra, so if you come in to town from the highway just folllow the road all the way in until you get Bunga street , or as most people say turn right at the Caltex servo. That is the Tathra road. On the outskirts of town (probably 200 yards past speed limit sign) on the right you will see a Blue sign, Bermagui cemetery, but be careful blink and you will miss it. Follow the road in and take the first right and about 100 yards down on the right you will see a garden seat. Stop there. Ken is one of the newer dirt graves just opposite that. Back in September, when he got sick he purchased a packet of daisies and went around telling everyone that he would be "pushing up daisies soon". So about a month ago I went out and sprinkled them on his grave..................and again the old bugger had the last laugh .....not one came up!! I am not sure I will be around on Sunday but if I am I wlill come out and say hello. Thankyou again for your kind gesture and enjoy your ride."

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnetboy Thu 15 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

Gday, Id just quickly like to introduce myself. My name is Dan from Bega, & Grumpy was a great friend of mine. I was very privlidged to be at his bedside with his wife & daughter during the last few days of his life. I contacted the Bandit forum last year about Grumpys deteriorating health but never received a reply. Judy has informed me of your plans for a memorial ride to visit his grave this Sunday. I would very much like to meet yous there if thats ok with yous. I may even bring a few of Grumpys friends & fellow Ulysses members along, including the fellow who now owns Grumpys Bandit. Thats only if its ok with you guys.
I believe yous will arrive at the Bermagui Cemetery at around 10-10:30am on Sunday. Let me know if yous are ok with this.
Cheers Dan

bonnetboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:15 pm

bonnetboy wrote:Gday, Id just quickly like to introduce myself. My name is Dan from Bega, & Grumpy was a great friend of mine. I was very privlidged to be at his bedside with his wife & daughter during the last few days of his life. I contacted the Bandit forum last year about Grumpys deteriorating health but never received a reply. Judy has informed me of your plans for a memorial ride to visit his grave this Sunday. I would very much like to meet yous there if thats ok with yous. I may even bring a few of Grumpys friends & fellow Ulysses members along, including the fellow who now owns Grumpys Bandit. Thats only if its ok with you guys.
I believe yous will arrive at the Bermagui Cemetery at around 10-10:30am on Sunday. Let me know if yous are ok with this.
Cheers Dan

Personally Dan I can't see a problem with this. You would probably have been closer to him than any of the forum members anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 15 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

Weather for the weekend is looking decidedly 'damp' Suspect - don't forget to pack your wet weather gear!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:38 pm

Very dissapointed to miss this ride. Hope you all have a fun and safe time.

Cheers Boatz.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

Grover wrote:Gents

I am back from my ride. I am good with all of the above, except I have some concerns about "coupling" with Ewok.

The cemetery is on the Bermy-Tathra Road. I suggest we get there about 10-10:30 on Sunday. How do people feel about that?

I want to let Mrs Grumpy know what time we will be there as she may want to call in - up to her. I will email her today and let her know we are coming.

Only "some concerns" - is that a passive invitation? affraid
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 15 Mar 2012, 7:57 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:

- Not that there is anything wrong with that.... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 8:24 pm

Bhoffo wrote:Weather for the weekend is looking decidedly 'damp' Suspect - don't forget to pack your wet weather gear!! Twisted Evil

Yep, might be mildy wet but after the Phillip Is trip, I'd need to ride through rain coming down at 75mm in the hour before I got worried. But good advice Bhoffo. Also, the Canberra forecast for the last two days was "showers, possible storms" - no sign of rain yet and the washing is perfectly dry, so am hoping surrounding area forecasts are equally dodgey.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 5 Empty Re:Grumpy tribute

Post  bruiser2310 Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

Dan,bring as many as you like mate.i`m sure all of us want to meet friends of the great man.

and if mrs grumpy wants to attend we will be honoured,hope she does.

come 1 come all.this is all about the people who could not attend his funeral to say goodbye and pay respects

if people who knew him came along,we might hear some good stories too

looking forward to this weekend guys.rain,hail or bloody sun

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:33 am

OK, Dan I sent you a PM - you are more than welcome and bring whoever you like. Im sure Grumpy would want as many people to come along as possible. Judy has said she will call in if possible.

Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Fri 16 Mar 2012, 6:37 am

Bhoffo wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:

- Not that there is anything wrong with that.... lol!

Maybe you two should share a room (and more)....Laughing Don't worry fellas, we won't tell Bev or Suzanne if you want to explore another side of yourself (and each other). What happens on tour, stays on tour.

My only concern with sharing a room with Ewok is his fucking snoring. Its been known to cause structural damage to dwellings during the night.

Last edited by Grover on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  bonnetboy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

Grover wrote:OK, Dan I sent you a PM - you are more than welcome and bring whoever you like. Im sure Grumpy would want as many people to come along as possible. Judy has said she will call in if possible.

Cheers. Yes I emailed Judy and as you can understand its still a very upsetting time for her so if she is not able to get along its completely understandable.
I am the current ride co-ordinator for our local Ulysses Branch so I have put an email out to everyone to let them know about the ride on sunday morning. We should arrive at Bermi Cemetery around 10am. I have also asked Tony (who bought Grumpys bike) if he can ride the bandit on the day.
Grumpy always spoke about those on the Bandit forum saying how much of a great bunch of guys yous were & there was never any arguments, backstabbing & bitching like he came across on other forums, including the Ulysses Forum. He always looked forward to getting on the Bandit forum & chattin with yous all. And I would like to thankyou for that. He was very much looking forward to the ride to Bombala last year to meet yous but due to his deteriorating health it was not possible & it was very disapointing to him.
Anyway I look forward to meeting yous on Sunday. I'll be on the CBR1000RR Repsol but please dont hold that against me haha
Cheers Dan

bonnetboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Sat 17 Mar 2012, 6:47 am

According to the BOM we should have showers this morning but once we get down the Clyde it is expected to clear up.

See you all at Goulburn.

Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:10 am

Have a good ride fellas.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 5 Empty GRUMPY tribute

Post  Anthony Pearce Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

I have been invited to go to Bermagui to visit the gravesite tomorrow. Leaving Bega at 9.00 am. I will be on the Bandit. It will not be clean. Rain. Dirt. Was fine today. If I wash it, it will rain.
Anthony Pearce
Anthony Pearce

Back to top Go down

Grumpy tribute - Page 5 Empty GRUMPY tribute

Post  paul Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

Anthony Pearce wrote:I have been invited to go to Bermagui to visit the gravesite tomorrow. Leaving Bega at 9.00 am. I will be on the Bandit. It will not be clean. Rain. Dirt. Was fine today. If I wash it, it will rain.

Then they will all blame you for the rain Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Anthony Pearce Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:57 pm

D'oh! I mean SUNDAY.
Anthony
Anthony Pearce
Anthony Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:04 pm

Anthony Pearce wrote:D'oh! I mean SUNDAY.
Anthony

It`s Sunday in Adelaide tomorrow Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next