Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report

+6
Cameron
Reardo
Bhoffo
Baz
paul
Ewok1958
10 posters

Go down

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Empty Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 18 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

Just got home after the ride - Grover and I did about 670kms, so the northerners would have doen considerably more. Grover and I left my place yesterday with the radar showing pretty clear skys - and although we hit soem wet patches of road we only had a few small showers on the way through to Goulburn. The sky was generally cloudy as you can see from this photo. Brude, Greg and Baz all said they'd ridden through quite a bit of rain - obviously Grover and I had soem luck.

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0417

We got a bit worried as the weather had held up Baz a bit later than the rendezvous time but he soon arrived, complete with some home-mods to the boots! I'm sure Baz had a good explanation. Smile

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0418

We then headed down to the Loaded Dog at Tarago and had lunch before going via Bateman's Bay to Narooma to find the digs. The cabins were ok (not great) but at least we could sit as a group inside for some beverages and discussions.

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0419

At least there was a BWS store only 100m up from the park so we laid in some supplies for the night and sampled a few before walking up to the pub for a meal. Being St Pattrick's Day there were some lovely youg ladies dressed to thrill in traditional leprachaun outfits. You could even order your beer with green food dye (which I did of course). Then it was back to the cabins to polish off the remainder of the drinks. That kept some of us up much later than other. Baz had been good and gone to bed early but reports next day indicated tummy troubles and some carrot decorations added to the bathroom! Surprised Must have been the food!

Next day we met up with the Ulysses guys down at the cemetary and paid our respects to our departed Grumpy.

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0420

After leaving the cemetary we headed back up the Prices Hwy to the Bay and then up to Braidwood for lunch at the pie shop. From there we split back up and made our own way home. It was a weekend without drama and allowed us to bring some clossure to Grumpy's parting. Thansk to Greg and Ash for making it happen and am looking forward to a new ride soon.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Empty Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report

Post  paul Sun 18 Mar 2012, 6:40 pm

Good report mate . It`s just a pitty that it had to be done for the reason it was though eh .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Empty Re: Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report

Post  Baz Sun 18 Mar 2012, 7:12 pm

the duct tape makes great ventilated boots dry and warm ..
ok so I threw up in the bathroom and completely missed both the dunny and sink ... they should fit hoses in those cabins.

at the loaded dog Tarago
Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0629_1

at the Narooma digs
Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0631_1

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0632_1

some of us came well prepared
Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0633_1

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0634_1

at the cemetery
Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0640_1

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0636_1

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report IMG_0635_1

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

Thanks to Ewok, Bruiser and Grover for doing the organising for the trip down to Bermagui... had a great time on the bike (as always) and excellent company to boot! Smile

I recorded the trip on the "Every Trail" App and now have it uploaded with photos and a bit of a story, available here: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1490049

Don't know why but I can't see the map on my PC - it's there ok though on the laptop so something strange is happening inside my main computer. As always, the trip log doesn't quite get it right for the speed shown... I know what speeds I was doing in certain areas and suffice to say that which is shown isn't quite accurate... apart from that it's a good record of our trip/route and some photos too. If you bring your cursor over the map the distances can be changed to metric and the photos enlarged/stopped... Smile

I split from Baz and Bruiser at Goulburn on the way back after refuelling and returned via the Taralga > Oberon road... Around Taralga it was starting to get cold (got down to 11 degs) and raining again... so on with the wet weather coat and winter gloves for the rest of the journey... The poor Bandit is once again in need of a good clean and has just now clicked over a grand total of 39,000km's...what fun it is to ride though! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:15 pm

Has anyone heard if Bruiser got home ok?
He hasn't made a post and I left him on the M7 I think he turned off early

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

Looks like a good trip all round and got to pay your respects to a good bloke. RIP G6

Can you blokes tag the photo's for me. I know a couple of you, just not all.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

Glad you guys had a great weekend. Im sorry i couldnt attend.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

Reardo wrote:Looks like a good trip all round and got to pay your respects to a good bloke. RIP G6

Bruiser on the left, Bhoffo on the right - camera lens now as shonky as the wall in the background (sorry boys Razz Razz !).

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0421

Give a hoi if other clarification req'd - but 2012 calendar should help.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:14 pm

Baz wrote:Has anyone heard if Bruiser got home ok?
He hasn't made a post and I left him on the M7 I think he turned off early

Bruiser lives in Hazelbrook and I live at Katoomba.. we had organised that we'd each send a text message to the other when we arrived home with the time and number of Ks travelled from where we went our separate ways at Goulburn.

Bruiser went up the Highway/Freeway and apparently had to stop to put on the wet weather gear and did about 229ks to his place arriving at 5.55pm...

I went up the road to Taralga > Oberon > Hampton > Katoomba - a much more twisty road, was raining for alot of the distance and had to stop to put my wet gear on and another time for a piddle...(was getting cold at 11 degs!) - also left a few minutes after Baz and Bruiser as I was mucking around and connecting the Ipod etc.. Anyway, I pulled up in my driveway at 6pm - 5 min behind Bruiser and at 216ks - so 13ks less to my place.. An interesting comparison..(he and I live about 16km apart).

I like the Oberon ride better; more fun with the twisties etc but would have been a little slower due to the wet roads yesterday.. Twisted Evil

But the short answer to the question is: "Yes" - Bruiser did get home safely! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:19 pm

Reardo wrote:Looks like a good trip all round and got to pay your respects to a good bloke. RIP G6

Reardo, I am the exceptionally handsome guy in the photos. Or more accurately - the tall, ugly, balding bloke with glasses who loves his red wine. Blue polo shirt on teh Saturday and the red t-shirt on the Sunday standing at Grumpy's grave. Bhoffo and I have the same hairdresser!

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:25 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:

Bruiser on the left, Bhoffo on the right - camera lens now as shonky as the wall in the background (sorry boys Razz Razz !).

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Xxxx0421

Give a hoi if other clarification req'd - but 2012 calendar should help.

It looks like whoever built that pub has been over sampling the bar contents Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:34 pm

Well done to you all. Thanks for the report.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Wed 21 Mar 2012, 8:44 am

Took a few hours yesterday but the bike is now all sparkling clean and polished once again... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

Bhoffo wrote:Took a few hours yesterday but the bike is now all sparkling clean and polished once again... Smile

Bhoffo, your bike is so clean that the only part I wouldn't eat off is the seat. just too close to your arse. affraid

Last edited by Grover on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : red wine)

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 23 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Grover wrote:
Bhoffo wrote:Took a few hours yesterday but the bike is now all sparkling clean and polished once again... Smile

Bhoffo, your bike is so clean that the only part I wouldn't eat off is the seat. just too close to your arse. affraid

It's Ok - if you really need to I'll take the Hawk air cushion away at meal times! lol!

Back to top Go down

Grumpy Tribute - Ride Report Empty Grumpy Tribute-Ride Report

Post  bruiser2310 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:17 pm

hi guys,

sorry for the delay in posting.have had some issues with my family recently so i have been off air for a while.

some birthdays to attend and issues with sick parents etc,you know the drill.dad`s 89 with leukeamia if that`s how you spell it,who friggin cares.

yes it was a good ride although my knees and bum were telling me for the next 4 days.good to meet everyone.nice to have time off from the rat race.learnt a bit from riding with bruce,baz,dave and ash,kind of got my confidence back.great fun regardless and looking forward to riding with any of you again.however the future at the moment is not looking good for my old man so if i am not in contact for a while that will be my excuse.having said that my old man is a fighter and will not give up.i am a chip off the old block, hence the nickname bruiser.tell you about it sometime.anyway,thanks to all who came and especially to dave for all the organising and to bruce for the lead ride.by the way,a message to narco.the screen you sold me flew off.went back to collect it as a car ran over it.want my money back............LOL.shit happens..

ride safe gentlemen

greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

Wondered where you were.... So very sorry to hear about your Dad... Hope he comes through the other side ok.. my thoughts are with you!

Other than that... yes - a great ride.. we need to go out again - soon!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

Good to hear from you mate. All cool at this end. Can symphasize with the old man problems (mine unfortunately died a few years back and that added plenty of family issues to sort -as if there weren't enough beforehand). You'll get through that I can tell already. Glad you enjoyed the ride and better get yourself prepped for a few more - here's to the next one. tongue
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 02 Apr 2012, 11:17 pm

Fantastic report guys thanks
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content