Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

+9
sb1250
Grover
Cameron
rolls
2wheelsagain
Baz
k nine
grumpy60
Ewok1958
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Empty Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,
The plan is to have lunch at a pub in Bombala (seems to be a choice of 2), around 12.30pm. After lunch, ride over to Candelo, via Wyndham and Myrtle Mt, then Bemboka and finally, up the Brown and back to Canberra after lunch. Date planned is Saturday 17 September but some flexibility to adjust to suit circumstances. Plan would be to leave Williamsdale servo at 10.00am, stop for coffee at (say) Bredbo. Should be back in Canberra at ~5.00pm or a bit earlier. Post lunch route from Bombala to Bemboka is a beauty. Route is shown via this link.
Just let me know via reply post here if you're planning to participate.

Regards,
Ewok

Route
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

Just back myself after the o/night in the valley. Thanks to all for the company and the ride. Got a PM from Boatz to say he got home OK - would have missed some of the footy though, given the long day he had. I got just as many bugs today as yesterday - must be bug breeding season. Had a great run up the Brown. I overtook a car towing a boat on the double lane near the bottom where it does the 25kmph left hander. He had his window down and I was so cranked over on his outside I nearly had my head in his window! Then no more obstacles so felt like Stoner for the next few kms! Very Happy Ok, so I was only doing 1/4 the speed he would have been doing but it was fun all the same.

Thanks again to all for making it - we'll do it again sometime. Here's a few pics:

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Xxxx0213

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Xxxx0214

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Xxxx0215
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch - Page 4 Empty Re: Canberra & Region Riders - Bombala Lunch

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Yes it was great. Thanks for organising the groups.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:54 am

Good to hear that Boatz made it home.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:41 pm

Sorry for not showing fellas. I had an eye infection and woke up that morning with my right eye glued shut. What makes it even worse is that I am already pretty much blind in my left eye (only peripheral vision, focal point is permanently fked). Not conducive to riding a bike at the best of times.

Sounds like much fun was had and another thanks to Ewok for organising it all.

Grover
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm

Grover wrote:Sorry for not showing fellas. I had an eye infection and woke up that morning with my right eye glued shut. What makes it even worse is that I am already pretty much blind in my left eye (only peripheral vision, focal point is permanently fked). Not conducive to riding a bike at the best of times.

Grover

There's always a next time Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

Grover wrote:Sorry for not showing fellas. I had an eye infection and woke up that morning with my right eye glued shut. What makes it even worse is that I am already pretty much blind in my left eye (only peripheral vision, focal point is permanently fked). Not conducive to riding a bike at the best of times.

Grover

Sorry to hear it mate. Damn funny thing was that I also got an eye infection (right eye) that weekend. Same deal - woke up Sunday eye stinging and glued up. Had to have a course of medication. I was thinking a spider or bug must have got me in the night because I don't remember any bugs from the ride getting me (and there was plenty of them as 2WA's photos show).

As 2WA says, always next time. Now, I do have another one in mind .... stand by.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4