Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racetech springs

4 posters

Go down

Racetech springs Empty Racetech springs

Post  potatomasher Mon 17 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

Well I have had the suspension redone by Terry Hay at Shocktreatment and waited a few weeks before writing anything about it to check out how the bike was going compared to previously. Essentially I had harder Racetech springs put in the front, and had new valves put in with less compression damping. They also worked on the rear suspension and pulled it to bits and put in a different valve. I always was under the impression that you couldn’t disassemble the rear shock but it apparently can be. They also set up the rear ride height to the correct position [number 2 setting on the rear spring for me @ 80 kgs]. It took a while – basically from 9am to 2pm

It wasn’t a cheap job but the difference it has made is well worth the money. No more bashing over surface irregularities from the front and steering and turn in vastly improved, and less dive under brakes. You really have to experience it to appreciate the difference. I recommend it [and if you are mechanically minded and can re-valve the front and put the appropriate springs in then do it] – best thing you could do for the bike so next time you have the urge to buy an accessory of some sort – resist it strongly and do the suspension work instead.

I was also discussing tyre pressures with Terry and he and the others there reckon they should be 34 at the front and 38 at the rear [which I am now running according to the digital tyre gauge at the local service station] and certainly before the work was done the steering would have been a nightmare with the pressure that low at the front – I used to have it at 38 otherwise there was an overpowering urge for the bars to move in the direction of the turn, but now its like the bike has power steering

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Racetech springs Empty Re: Racetech springs

Post  Cameron Wed 19 Jan 2011, 7:36 pm

Ive been thinking about doing it for a while. but its definately the next thing ill spend my money on.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Wed 19 Jan 2011, 8:53 pm

do it - everything is better Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:35 pm

Good report masher.
What tyres you running now? Be interesting to see wear rates on the front at those pressures.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 19 Jan 2011, 9:38 pm

Suggest, especially with your weight you go for the 1.0 kg/mm springs...also the Holeshot fork brace will be a big help
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Thu 20 Jan 2011, 6:32 pm

im on a diet! and pirelli angel tyres

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Thu 20 Jan 2011, 7:27 pm

Laughing diet of deep fried Mars bars. No, actually was talking to Cameron.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down