Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer pants ?

+5
NZer11
dhula
Ewok1958
387sunnyside
gus
9 posters

Go down

Summer pants ? Empty Summer pants ?

Post  gus Fri 14 Jan 2011, 6:31 pm

Did a "search " but didn't come up with any answers.

What does everybody wear for pants in summer.
I have Draggin jeans but they "bite" after about 80ks.I want something for a full day .Plastic liner ,hopeless, too sweaty. Jeans no protection.
Black too hot .Cream get too dirty .Pink not my colour .Baby blue too old.Tan too young. Am i asking the impossible. Smile

So i need protection ,not plastic lined ,not black and doesnt eat you arse. affraid Couldnt care less about being waterproof .

Anyone got a recommendation ?

Last edited by gus on Fri 14 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Summer pants ? Empty Re: Summer pants ?

Post  387sunnyside Fri 14 Jan 2011, 7:59 pm

Hey Gus,

You should try something in the cream, the white, the off white, the ivory or the beige...!!! Richie would...!!! Marvelous stuff that, really super stuff...

sunny

387sunnyside

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 14 Jan 2011, 8:09 pm

A good question Gus. But I've not had the same problem as you with my Draggins having worn them for a 1,600kms weekend. But that was without any wet weather. In the wet, under a suit, the Draggins do get a bit 'sticky'. I saw an ad for some alleged waterproof jeans in a mag (can't recall the brand) and wondered how they'd go in the wet (ie, summer!). Only other problem I've had is that I wear sneakers with the Draggins (usually) and that can draw crabs from fellow riders in more sophisticated boots (I tend to leave the AlpineStars at home).
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

I have a pair of BGA pants and they seam to do OK in the heat so far. It hasn't exactly been cool during summer here in the west but if it's real hot I usually take the air conditioned car - sometimes.

here is what I wrote about them early this year.
2WA comments have got me keeping an eye on them to see how they last but I'm not too worried at the moment as my wife has the same pants (and a BGA jacket) that are almost 2 years old and show no real signs of failing. She doesn't ride as often as 2WA tho (maybe 3-5 hundred kms a month)

I also considered motodry stealth pants but wanted something a bit out there so didn't get them. I can't comment on fit or feel of them as I never tried them on. I do have the motodry stealth jacket and it friggin rocks for ventilation in summer but not sure if you can use that as a comparison for the pants

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 14 Jan 2011, 11:06 pm

Dont mind them being a bit out there .The draggin jeans i have are camoes ,white, two tone green. We call them "COW PANTS"
Tried silk boxers under them ,a little better but not for all day.The draggins are perfect except the mesh is TOO scratchy.
Getting a bit expensive as well .

Blacks out .Qld sun .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  NZer11 Sat 15 Jan 2011, 7:09 am

For summer I use Hornee Camo Green cargo pants they are a lighter pants than jeans and have kevlar lining. If I go on a long trip I wear under them Knox knee protectors which you can buy direct or through Draggin. These are good because they are CE approved for road and they can be worn with any pants and fit exactly over your knee because there separate to the pants. They are compfy for long trips.
http://www.knox-armour.co.uk/product_lower.html?product=flexliteknee
I have found it hard to buy pants with built in knee protection as they are never the right length. They fit different when sitting on bike if you straighten your leg they sit below the knee and Im not convinced they will line up on my knee in an accident (could be just me) Very Happy

NZer11

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 15 Jan 2011, 9:55 am

NZer11 wrote:
I have found it hard to buy pants with built in knee protection as they are never the right length. They fit different when sitting on bike if you straighten your leg they sit below the knee and Im not convinced they will line up on my knee in an accident (could be just me) Very Happy
I know what your saying. I bought a new pair of Rjays all seasons pants. In the shop when i tried them on they were a good fit. On the bike the knee armour was above my knee and the bottom of the leg would be half way up my shin. Mad
I'm a tad under 6.4ft. So I've got long legs.
My search has only found Draggin. You can order them in with long legs cheers

ALL SEASONS PANTS
These matching pants will zip into the back of your All Season's Jacket to make a very versatile set with the pants having a zip in water proof liner, so you're ready for all conditions
Made from Super Strong, 600D Light weight ballistic nylon construction
Engineered with Super Hi-Flow Air mesh ventilation panels with the mesh panel’s above and below the knee and also in the back of the leg
Rjays Latest Aquashield zip in liner
100% Breathable
100% Waterproof
C.E. Approved Knox Knee Body Armour
C.E. Approved Hip protection
3M Scotchlite Reflective Material
Zip JKT to pants feature
Adjustable Velcro hip & leg adjusters
2 Pockets
Colour
Black/Black

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sat 15 Jan 2011, 10:19 am

Protection - Check

Waterproof - Check

Cool - hmm

Breathable - umm

Summer pants ? Test10

I'm just trying to help. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 15 Jan 2011, 10:47 am

You forgot----attractive! Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Sat 15 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

again i use starider pants

I have 1 pair of cargos and 1 pair of black jeans.

They are FULLY lined with kevlar instead of just patches.

I like wereing my black motorcycle jeans more then a normal pair.

You can not go wrong with them and i think they still have them on special around the 129 mark

www.starider.com.au

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 17 Jan 2011, 10:16 am

SO it seems if i dont want black a jean type is the go.I wear draggins so i'm o.k. with that.Now i just have to get rid of the scratchieness.
Wot about a pair of these underneath anybody tried them ?

P.s. i do realise how sad it is i'm asking about your underwear.Probably an all time low in questions Mad

WWW.LDComfort.com
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 17 Jan 2011, 4:12 pm

A few blokes I ride with reckon that 'Skins' are the way to go. Apparantly (I don't know for sure because I've never used them) they help to keep you cool and stop any iritation from the kevlar/leather/plastic.

If you are stopped at the lights nothing will be cool.

Something I found out, quite by accident, is that if you let your 'camel back' leak on to your jacket/pants it helps to keep you cool. The only problem is that just when you really need a drink all the water is gone.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 17 Jan 2011, 4:31 pm

Sometimes the answer is so obvious you carnt see it .Skins ,thanks Mick .Cool and comfortable.Worth a try i reckon.

I have been know to stand under the hose at a servo or two.In the younger days we would jump into a river gear and all .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 17 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm

gus wrote:SO it seems if i dont want black a jean type is the go.I wear draggins so i'm o.k. with that.Now i just have to get rid of the scratchieness.
Wot about a pair of these underneath anybody tried them ?

P.s. i do realise how sad it is i'm asking about your underwear.Probably an all time low in questions Mad

WWW.LDComfort.com

Oh cmon Gus . I reckon it's early days yet. Very Happy
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:16 pm

gus wrote:Sometimes the answer is so obvious you carnt see it .Skins ,thanks Mick .Cool and comfortable.Worth a try i reckon.

I have been know to stand under the hose at a servo or two.In the younger days we would jump into a river gear and all .

I may have mentioned this before, but a few of the blokes and blokettes I ride with were having a few (too many) beers at a club function a few years ago and the discussion turned to how you stay cool on a hot day. So in our drunken state we hatched a cunning plan, unfortunately we haven't actually done it yet. The plan was to fit a windscreen washer nozzle to the screen on the bike and a small plastic bottle to keep the water in to the bike. We couldn't decide whether to use a small electric motor or hand pump to spray the water. The idea being that as you got hot you would activate (pump) water through the washer nozzle and the spray of water would hit you on the chest thereby creating a very crude evaporative cooler.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 18 Jan 2011, 9:38 pm

Your going to need a lot of water.At 100 kph on a 30+ day you dont stay wet for long . Except for your crutch.To much information? Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Wed 19 Jan 2011, 12:03 pm

To be honest we didn't really give too much more thought.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down