Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGA textile pants

2 posters

Go down

BGA textile pants Empty BGA textile pants

Post  dhula Mon 29 Nov 2010, 12:34 am

Got myself some Bikers Gear Australia textile pants about a week ago and after having to send them back due to a manufacturing fault (which was painless and fast, and the BGA crew were fantastic to deal with) got to take them out for their first run today.

I should say that today's weather was fucking hot over this way. It got to about 36 in most parts near here.

Anyways, onto the pants.
These are the pants I got and apart from what you can read in the description, they have a mesh inner lining under the outer skin that unlike some of the plastic lined summer/winter textile pants, makes them cumfy to wear and ensures you don't stick to the pants as you heat up and sweat.
I have to say that even tho today was an absolute stinker, with the ventilation zips open and riding along, at no time did i feel any more uncomfortable than if i was wearing draggins. Sitting at a stop light for more than a few minutes did feel a bit hotter than compared to draggins but not by a whole heap and certainly nothing unbearable considering the temps.
I do have one negative tho and it's only a small one, when sitting on the bike the leg of the pants rides up and the bottom hem sits a bit high for my liking. It still covers my legs and does not go above the top of my boots, but I'd like it to be about 2 inches lower. I'm 6'3" tho so any normal sized person probably won't have the same issue

All in all a good value for money product that is well supported by the seller IMO

Last edited by dhula on Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

BGA textile pants Empty Re: BGA textile pants

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 29 Nov 2010, 8:49 am

They look good and you cant complain about the price or service.
However I have had personal deallings with BGA textile jackets that in each case lasted about 12 months of occasional use before the seams ripped at the stitching and the zips broke. There is no comparison to my MotoDry textile thats about 10yrs old and had done 40,000km? (and been tested) and is still going strong. I also have a DryRider Nordic thats about 5yrs old that still looks brand new except for the dead bugs on the shoulders.
Maybe the pants are made different but I wouldnt touch BGA again.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down