Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres: Feedback

+107
Andywill
Lynchy
Daffy
F
#Tag
SVDon
Rodroket
Chettlingham
Ulsterkiwi
MattyC
car_ham
Wellsy
Foster
Stromcat
Ghostbandit
Corsa79
Roden
B1250_Jim
spanna
Someone
Chook
Tsim
Bosco15
AL AAAC
trip01
BoomGT
stu
grey1250
Sunshine Coast Mikey
ThatOtherGuy
keenaviator
Nathan C
suzbandit
Lurch
NTBill
ohmyfj55
Kiwisteve
Mitch J
NZspokes
bruiser2310
mtbeerwah
matt
rjs
Jimcoleman
barry_mcki
Thof
madmax
BanditDave
Julesy
sb1250
silverfox111
STI-REX
paul
OLDANNAKED
matty bandit white
Hammy
mustang sally
Bhoffo
ormguard
Kaupy1962
Rabid_Canine
Allan Coates
grumpy60
Boatz
kewwig
Masterblaster
Mpottsy
dmann
Joe B
Pops
Fossil
Bandit
jaba01
gus
xpalan
Ironman
rolls
Ewok1958
holdenman
reddog
Saikhan
Big Al
Baz
Four40
stretch
Badger
banditman
davidy61
willo
Reardo
Dink.1170
Re-Cycled
whitey1
boomer
solerida
potatomasher
JJ
b12mick
Cruisecontrol
step_andy
Dekenai
Dmaxhall
2wheelsagain
Cameron
Sloth_27
111 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 17 Empty Tyres: Feedback

Post  Sloth_27 Sun 27 Sep 2009, 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Can anyone with feedback about the different tyres they've run on their bikes post some info here. I dragged 6000km out of the originals but should've chucked them at 5000km. They seem to go good then all of the sudden start falling apart...

I put on a set of Michelin pilot road 2's (front and back) and they seem pretty good. Unfortunately I already got a puncture after only about 1000km and had to get it repaired. It was a big hole (part of a hacksaw blade went through the rear) and the repair job is good but it losses a few PSI each week.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 17 Empty Re: Tyres: Feedback

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 28 May 2014, 9:52 am

Hammy wrote:
Jimcoleman wrote:Looked up my little black service book 

GSF1250 rears 
Pirelli Angel 1000ks 
Michelin PR2 10000ks 
Conti RA2 8000ks 
Michelin Pure Power 7000ks 
Michelin PR2 6000ks 
Michelin PR2 6000ks then sold bike 

GSX1250 front and rear 
Dunlop road smart 2 - 5000ks 
Dunlop road smart 2 5000ks 

I have no solid allegiance to a brand but except bridgstone that will never grace my bike ever

I take it that this means you have the GT on now, and only done 1000ks so far.  Not 1000 for the life of it ?   affraid
No i still have the dunlops on and they are just about shagged but they are still gripping like a bastard in the dry the wet could be a hairy.  GTs are awaiting patiently till next week. A run up to the bay on Sunday should kill them completely,
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Wed 28 May 2014, 10:14 am

Jimcoleman wrote:
spanna wrote:Funny that the comparison is with RP3 not newer RP4 which has better spec's
Considering that angel GT's have been out for nearly 12 months and PR4s have just been released its not surprising 

Plus specs are just spec, when was the last time you actually got the fuel consumption in your car that was actually what the sticker said 

And i find michellin overrated and over priced i actually would like to hear bosco's take on the cheap and cheerful chinese tyres there running 

Cheers Jim

Can't fault the Shinkos so far.
Have been sharing the bike with Chris and she hasn't mentioned any doubts about their performance.
Mostly easy country riding so far, but I did give them a good workout on the Wooton Way. Rode it like a gsxr for the first time and had every confidence in the tyres.
They're coming up to 5000 km and the rear still has a nice round profile, less round than new but no where near flat.

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 28 May 2014, 11:47 am

Hammy wrote:Tyres are like petrol.  ALL overpriced.  But we need em.   Sad
I don't think some members of the community would get the same " Buzz " from sniffing Tyres as they do petrol either Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 28 May 2014, 12:03 pm

Das Motorrad review only applies to German motorcycles.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 28 May 2014, 12:56 pm

Dekenai wrote:Das Motorrad review only applies to German motorcycles.

????

The original post said they were mounted on Bandits

Boatz wrote:The 12/2013 edition of the German magazine compared the new Pirelli Angel GT to Metzeler Roadtec Z/8 Interact M/O, Bridgestone T30, Continental Road Attack 2, Dunlop Roadsmart 2 and Michelin Pilot Road 3 . All of the tyres, (120/70 ZR17 for the front and 180/55 ZR17 for the rear), were mounted on six Suzuki Bandit 1250 S bikes.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 28 May 2014, 1:42 pm

paul wrote:
Hammy wrote:Tyres are like petrol.  ALL overpriced.  But we need em.   Sad
I don't think some members of the community would get the same " Buzz " from sniffing Tyres as they do petrol either Shocked

Would if they lit em.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm

I know a lot of you wear michelin blinkers, but i have been trying different brands to see what suits me. 

The Last set i needed i decided to try Pirelli Angel GT's, as i tend to be a little hard on tyres like 5 or 6000 ks 

So when i saw the long lasting sticker it got me reading up, now they are suppose to be awesome on an italian aircraft carrier and around the track  but are they any good. 

Bloody oath i now have put 4k on them and they are looking like going to 9 or 10k, they feel heaps nicer than the pr2 and 3 but not as nice as the dunlop road smart 2s, they grip really well in the wet and feel awesome in the dry and of late i have been riding on mixed conditions ie wet, damp, dry roads i have not had one moment yet, but in Saying that i have not pushed the bounderies in the wet to much 

I know i said i liked the dunlops better which i do but they just wear to quick, i picked up a set Pirelli angel GT's for US$331 landed on my door from jake wilson www.jakewilson.com, and if they keep going the way they are going i will buying another set.Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:41 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:I know a lot of you wear michelin blinkers, but i have been trying different brands to see what suits me. 

The Last set i needed i decided to try Pirelli Angel GT's, as i tend to be a little hard on tyres like 5 or 6000 ks 

So when i saw the long lasting sticker it got me reading up, now they are suppose to be awesome on an italian aircraft carrier and around the track  but are they any good. 

Bloody oath i now have put 4k on them and they are looking like going to 9 or 10k, they feel heaps nicer than the pr2 and 3 but not as nice as the dunlop road smart 2s, they grip really well in the wet and feel awesome in the dry and of late i have been riding on mixed conditions ie wet, damp, dry roads i have not had one moment yet, but in Saying that i have not pushed the bounderies in the wet to much 

I know i said i liked the dunlops better which i do but they just wear to quick, i picked up a set Pirelli angel GT's for US$331 landed on my door from jake wilson www.jakewilson.com, and if they keep going the way they are going i will buying another set.Very Happy

But the alll important question, Jim. 
Has the angel turned into a devil yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

At about 1500

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:21 pm

Interesting report Jim ,technically if you get around 9000 they shouldn't be much different to the pr2 or 3s wear wise for the rest of us ................worth bearing in mind  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:57 am

paul wrote:Interesting report Jim ,technically if you get around 9000 they shouldn't be much different to the pr2 or 3s wear wise for the rest of us ................worth bearing in mind  Very Happy

I think Jims point is thet they "feel nicer" than PR's. I'm not sure what that means as all new tyres feel nicer than shagged ones but if its real its good for the confidence I guess.
The Angels are the only other tyre I'd consider and maybe if I was buying a pair at the same time I'd take the plunge but for me I seem to be replacing one or the other not both.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:26 pm

Yes 2wa all new tyres are wonderful, hence why i waited to get some ks on them to give a true measure of the tyres

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 27 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

paul wrote:Interesting report Jim ,technically if you get around 9000 they shouldn't be much different to the pr2 or 3s wear wise for the rest of us ................worth bearing in mind  Very Happy
Actually Paul the last rear pr 3 was 7k and the last set of pr2s were 6k

Back to top Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 17 Empty PR3 scalloped badly

Post  Roden Sat 20 Sep 2014, 9:54 am

So my front Michelin scalloped on my recent run down from Qld ... one side badly out of shape ... tyre pressure was fine ... so I just fitted a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 ... I'll be commuting Newcastle/Sydney weekly so I'll see how it stands up!

Cheers,

Roden
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:17 am

Super sticky but it wont last long, should have put on the angel Gt

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:33 pm

Roden wrote:So my front Michelin scalloped on my recent run down from Qld ... one side badly out of shape ... tyre pressure was fine ... so I just fitted a Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 ... I'll be commuting Newcastle/Sydney weekly so I'll see how it stands up!

Cheers,

Roden

Could be a suspension set up issue causing the scalloping, too. 
Tightening the axle and retaining bolts without bouncing the forks, to allow correct settling, is a common error that can cause premature tyre wear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:40 pm

https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t4848-front-suspension-question?highlight=suspension

This is an interesting thread to read.  

!Tag has a good grasp on the vagaries of suspension set up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roden Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:50 pm

Super sticky on the front I don't mind ... it is dual compound right?

Settled the suspension when the wheel went back on ... what is the going price for the Pirelli? I paid $270, is that fair?
Roden
Roden

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:31 am

Sounds like you got charged for a rear, i would expect a diablo rossi to be about 175- 195 for a front

Back to top Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 17 Empty Trying different

Post  Corsa79 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:55 pm

Well I only got 3000km out of the oem tyres so I tried the continental road attack 2 GT tyres and got all of 6000kms was hoping they would last my whole trip last time to see the fam. Bit the bullet and fitted the Micheline road pilot 4 GT on the rear and road pilot 4 on the front. Quite happy with how they are going. They are just shy of 3000km and hardly showing wear from the strait roads where the continentals had a definite flat spot by 3000km. Im really happy so far with the road 4s will update later and wish I would of put them on strait after the oems wore out
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:44 pm

Corsa79 wrote:Well I only got 3000km out of the oem tyres so I tried the continental road attack 2 GT tyres and got all of 6000kms was hoping they would last my whole trip last time to see the fam. Bit the bullet and fitted the Micheline road pilot 4 GT on the rear and road pilot 4 on the front. Quite happy with how they are going. They are just shy of 3000km and hardly showing wear from the strait roads where the continentals had a definite flat spot by 3000km. Im really happy so far with the road 4s will update later and wish I would of put them on strait after the oems wore out

Wow only 3000k! I must be lucky I would be close to 2000k and would say I've only just got them to their happy stage Smile I have given them a good hammering in dry conditions and haven't got any bad things to say about them, finding them actually quite sticky even under hard acceleration. In saying that I haven't ridden her in the wet yet so can't comment on that side.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 17 Empty Hi Ghostbandit

Post  Corsa79 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:26 pm

Hi Ghostbandit where are you from? Im Julia Creek far north west Qld. Cant fault the oems for stickiness and handling but I do a lot of kms on stinking hot days 40 degrees plus. Went over to Townsville and up the coast for a holiday. When I got to Richmond (140km) from the creek and pulled up at at servo I had strings of rubber coming of the tyres as they where that hot. Like strings of chewing gum when you get it on your boot best way to describe.
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:42 pm

Corsa79 wrote:Hi Ghostbandit where are you from? Im Julia Creek far north west Qld. Cant fault the oems for stickiness and handling but I do a lot of kms on stinking hot days 40 degrees plus. Went over to Townsville and up the coast for a holiday. When I got to Richmond (140km) from the creek and pulled up at at servo I had strings of rubber coming of the tyres as they where that hot. Like strings of chewing gum when you get it on your boot best way to describe.
Hey Corsa79 located in Mackay, jeez that's some hot tyres to have that happen, Shocked. Longest ride I've taken my girl on is 300k one way, much nicer traveling that distance now with a double bubble screen, probably could have gone a touring screen for even more wind deflection but didn't like the look that it would have given my bandit, still like the go fast look  Twisted Evil.
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 4:35 pm

Well I haven't done as many k's as JimColeman on the Pirelli Angel GTs, but I have to say I'm bloody impressed with them so far.  Perhaps the fork oil change also played a big part, but the front feels amazingly well planted and secure.  I even had to tell myself to slow down this arvo when I did a Brown Mt run whilst visiting the local Post Office. 

I haven't had them out in the wet yet.  

cheers cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Tue 30 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

i have always used the angels since the originals wore out - i reckon they are good

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next