Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not starting

3 posters

Go down

not starting Empty not starting

Post  Laurence_p*wiz Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:37 pm

Hey there bandit aficionados,

So, moved house and started a new job. when we moved the bandit had a flat battery so we pushed her onto the trailer.  found some free time today about 5 months later and decided id give her a run on a private road.  So battery was charged, tank off and dumped, carbies all drained, new plugs, new fuel and tank back on, carbies primed.  and shes a no go.

it will turn over, occasionally splutter, with a sporadic back fire.

soo plugs out and there is spark, drained carbies again, primed, and checked all plugs, all were wet....

so i have fuel and spark but no idle.

any assistance will be appreciated, cheers.

Laurence_p*wiz

Back to top Go down

not starting Empty Re: not starting

Post  Laurence_p*wiz Sun 30 Sep 2018, 6:50 pm

soooo, i pulled the carbies off and cleaned out the float and needle assembly, it was pretty clean, but never hurts to clean stuff. still a no go.

turns out that even though i had spark it wasnt sparky enough.  so after a little digging and what not i discovered that the little jigger that hides behind the right hand engine cover  (icu i think) was ever so slightly loose, about 1/16th of a turn.  tightened it up, plugs back in, and with a cough and a splutter and a bang she fired up and was a bit rough for a min or so and then she came good, like really good.  purrs like a wee kitten.

wasn't a bad day and a half in the shed. 

currently have splattered bugs on my helmet visor      Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laurence_p*wiz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 30 Sep 2018, 7:14 pm

Good outcome ............... cheers

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sun 30 Sep 2018, 10:21 pm

Laurence_p*wiz wrote: . . . . currently have splattered bugs on my helmet visor      Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's a good feeling having those bugs on the visor.  Very Happy Nice work!
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down