Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles

+16
Ironman
madmax
paul
reddog
jaba01
Daffy
2wheelsagain
Jimcoleman
NZspokes
mtbeerwah
F
gus
truck
dhula
Baz
barry_mcki
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles

Post  paul Wed 05 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Due to the amount of friends on this forum who now own different model / brand , or type of motorcycles and who still frequent this site ,this is somewhere to post your stuff . I am sure we would all enjoy & even benefit  from hearing your tales . 
General banter & ribbing is to be expected ......................respect for other peoples choices is a must .
If this thread works , perhaps it can be made a sticky .............or separate title . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 26 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

dhula wrote:Are previous Bandit riders who changed (more than once) brands and now no longer ride, or as of yesterday don;t even own a bike anymore, allowed to drop in from time to time Question 

Too bad, I just did Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 959052286
You don't have to sleep with a man to be gay  Laughing
Anyone with an interest in Bandits is welcome mate Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 959052286

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty 1996 klx 650

Post  truck Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:04 am

Just to add my 10 cents worth, I've recently bought a 1996 KLX 650 to give me the ability to do dirt roads. 
Currently not registered, hunting plastics, speedo mount, chain guard,  road legal tyres and the dirt bike PPE.
Little bit excited as I haven't ben on a dirt track on a bike in nearly 18 yrs.
I'll add photos when I am on my photo friendly computer not this Apple . . .
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles

Post  Chook Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:14 am

truck wrote:Just to add my 10 cents worth, I've recently bought a 1996 KLX 650 to give me the ability to do dirt roads. 
Currently not registered, hunting plastics, speedo mount, chain guard,  road legal tyres and the dirt bike PPE.
Tell us how the body pulls up after the 1st serious session Shocked

Probably the only thing stopping me get another chook chaser is my body would divorce me!!
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:23 am

Laughing
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:25 am

You'll be right @Chook the worst part about the new dirt bikes is the plank they call a seat.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

reddog wrote:You'll be right @Chook the worst part about the new dirt bikes is the plank they call a seat.
That's alright for you to say, you're 15 years younger than the average age on here Wink
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sun 19 Nov 2017, 5:48 pm

Chook wrote:
truck wrote:Just to add my 10 cents worth, I've recently bought a 1996 KLX 650 to give me the ability to do dirt roads. 
Tell us how the body pulls up after the 1st serious session Shocked

Probably the only thing stopping me get another chook chaser is my body would divorce me!!

No problem Chook. I don't ride hard enough to hurt my self, I just want to be able to explore dirt roads and tracks every now and then.
Let me add, I'm not getting rid of the Bandit. Never had a bike that has as little maintenance as this and still fires up in winter or summer, handles like a tank, leaks oil, still looks fast sitting still.
I love it too much.

My body would divorce me - That's funny Very Happy
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

I grew up riding in the sand most of the time,  if you didn't go hard you didn't stay up, either way it was tough on the body
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty dark side

Post  F Sun 19 Nov 2017, 7:13 pm

Well if 0ne is a dual citizen I guess one can still stay on the forum?!
I have just purchase a MT-09 tracer but still have the gsx so I hope this make me eligible!.
I really enjoy this place so I'll keep listening in.
Cheers .
F Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 879736519

F

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:31 pm

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 <a href=Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Screen12" />

Ha ha...the drz bucked me 4 weeks ago.
Have fun   truck !!!!

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:56 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 <a href=

Ha ha...the drz bucked me 4 weeks ago.
Have fun   truck !!!!
" bucked " are you sure you pronounced that right ?  Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:00 pm

I've got writing impediment.

If this is too gross, I'll take it down !!!!!!!

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:02 pm

Laughing             I don't mind looking at pain .............it's feeling it I'm not too keen on  Evil or Very Mad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 19 Nov 2017, 11:04 pm

Chook wrote:
reddog wrote:You'll be right @Chook the worst part about the new dirt bikes is the plank they call a seat.
That's alright for you to say, you're 15 years younger than the average age on here Wink
About 15kgs over weight too Smile you are welcome to take the drz400e for a ride if you are ever over this way.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 20 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

reddog wrote:
Chook wrote:
About 15kgs over weight too Smile you are welcome to take the drz400e for a ride if you are ever over this way.
It doesn't even get along with its owner let alone a new master Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 20 Nov 2017, 6:32 pm

Laughing Laughing
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:05 pm

I recently added a BMW XChallenge to the stable. Enjoying the Dualsport stuff. We have lots of gravel roads here that go to interesting places. 

Im going to try some of the farm trail rides too as they are fairly easy riding.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty I’m back

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 25 Dec 2017, 8:52 am

Hi all 

Seeing i sold my GSX i drifted away to hang out in the MT world seeing i bought a Tracer. So after 7 months what have i found. I hate all the australian forums its all about how pretty can i make my bike and should i put the db killer in my acro or not. Not the more sensible questions and answers we get here. 

So being xmas day and having a quiet moment i thought i i come back for a browse and yes our forum lives up to my expectations. 

But back to my Tracer how does it stack up. Well its bloody awesome its every thing in a standard bike you could want, plenty of performance straight out of the box, suspension it mostly adequate after setting up, its great 2 up and its light at just 210 kg wet 

What i dont like about it is the 190k speed limiter, the seat is better than the bandit but does gather teeth at about the 4 hour mark and the standard screen is very hows ya mother. 

Performance is very surprising for a 847cc engine its every much the equal inthe performance of the bandit1250 engine.  the triple is interesting, not as smooth as a 4 but smoother than a twin, standard exhaust is fine, considering that a acro or arrows system is about $1600 and gives you bugger all extra performance 

As for touring its brilliant you ride twisty roads all day and you are not smashed at the end of it in fact you just leave it in 4th and run up and down the rev ranger and it will put a smile on ya dial for sure. 
Even two up is effortless actually my wife loves it more and wants to come with me 

With 115 hp its more than the 1250 and 87kw is alot less but being 50kg lighter it certainly has a better power to weight ratio than the 1250 

But to be fair, you are looking at 2007 tec vs 2016 technology but saying that the 1250 is great bike and great bike to start with or come back to after a hiatus but the Tracer is way more fun.

madmax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 25 Dec 2017, 1:56 pm

Good report Jim ..................we are also a better looking bunch than on other forums  Laughing

paul
paul

madmax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 26 Dec 2017, 9:06 am

For those interested I spent a few days in Oct tailing James on his Tracer and they get along quite well although its skilfully piloted which helps. 
We won't mention the fact a Honda was first to each photo opportunity (a head start helps) Razz
Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Tracer11

Occasionally the Tracer was leading the pack including some of Euro's finest  Laughing
Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Tracer10
They're a good bike. Great value. Like the Bandit it does what it says on the box.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

madmax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Daffy Tue 26 Dec 2017, 5:27 pm

I’m going to keep the gsx1250fa. It’s all set up right for two up. 

But ........ I need something more for the one up country loops we do. Bit faster etc. looking very hard at a couple of Kawasaki ZX14Rs at the moment. Very hard indeed.
Daffy
Daffy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 27 Dec 2017, 11:20 am

Daffy wrote:I’m going to keep the gsx1250fa. It’s all set up right for two up. 

But ........ I need something more for the one up country loops we do. Bit faster etc. looking very hard at a couple of Kawasaki ZX14Rs at the moment. Very hard indeed.

Why not get something "different"? You'll have two bikes that are essentially the same. Just one a bit slower. Having two big land barges doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it works for you.
I'd go a twin or triple or outright sports bike.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daffy Wed 27 Dec 2017, 8:04 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Daffy wrote:I’m going to keep the gsx1250fa. It’s all set up right for two up. 

Why not get something "different"? You'll have two bikes that are essentially the same. Just one a bit slower. Having two big land barges doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it works for you.
I'd go a twin or triple or outright sports bike.

Yeah, i get that. But i probably am just after something “a bit more of the same”, i.e. more powerrrrrr, and a much sportier riding position.  I rode a mate’s ‘94 VFR750L the other day. First time on a real crotch rocket. Prev bikes have been sport tourers and the DRZ. 

Loved the riding position. Felt i could perform much better re body position etc. But way too cramped. I’m 185cm and 130kg, so a hot litre bike won;t do it. Prefer bigger, torquier motor.  Love the sweeping country bends not the super tight, knee down 40km/h knee down type. 

So, i reckon it might be fun.
Daffy
Daffy

Back to top Go down

Tales from the dark side. A thread for riders of other motorcycles - Page 2 Empty MT 09 Tracer

Post  jaba01 Wed 28 Feb 2018, 11:54 pm

I have been riding a MT09 for while on & off and the one comment I will say is the seat is a killer.  I would rate the Bandit seat much higher than the rock hard pad they fit to the Tracer. Other than the seat they are a great bike with a awesome engine. The suspension is pretty budget but it also is not a expensive bike on get on the road.

I miss my Bandit at times but I am pretty happy with my Super Tenere which I have now had for around 12 mths. I ran with a VStorm 1000 for a year which was also a good bike but just didn't quite hit the spot for me. There are so many great bikes out there now unfortunately a few of the good old designs are dropping out of the market due to stricter new emission regs.
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:10 pm

jaba01 wrote:I have been riding a MT09 for while on & off and the one comment I will say is the seat is a killer.  I would rate the Bandit seat much higher than the rock hard pad they fit to the Tracer. Other than the seat they are a great bike with a awesome engine. The suspension is pretty budget but it also is not a expensive bike on get on the road.

I miss my Bandit at times but I am pretty happy with my Super Tenere which I have now had for around 12 mths. I ran with a VStorm 1000 for a year which was also a good bike but just didn't quite hit the spot for me. There are so many great bikes out there now unfortunately a few of the good old designs are dropping out of the market due to stricter new emission regs.
Sounds like maybe a little work on the seat might be the way to go .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next