Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

zombies on bikes

5 posters

Go down

zombies on bikes Empty zombies on bikes

Post  Ironman Sun 09 Apr 2017, 5:33 pm

We just completed a day trip of 330+ km around SEQ covering the dams. Some really good scenery now that the rain has given everything a drink.
I always give a nod of the helmet when I can to oncoming riders being courteous, acknowledging our mutual decision to take our lives into our own hands and ride today in the same area. Yes a rider did encounter an issue up on Glorious today. I am unaware of their status - hope you are ok. 

Whether you ride a Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, Hyosung, Harley Havidson, Indian, Ducati, Laverda, BMW or cruiser, sports, tourer, adventure, dirt, motard etc it doesn't really matter what brand or flavour. Today especially I have noticed a distinct change in riders interactions.
I get more tips of the helmet from HD riders than other "adventure" style riders. And I hardly get any notice from HD riders - period!
Stopping at the various weekend warrior coffee and lunch stops greets me with even more ignorance. Noone talks to you. I try to start a conversation with a couple of riders looking for a table. I said you can share this one. Looked me up and down and kept on walking.
Fkn hell. This is fkd. Has the age of chatting to strangers with similar interests in public areas come to an end? Or is it the new age of unless you are introduced on f-book you don't exist?
It may as well be that movie "I am Legend" an empty city with only 1 man in it but full of zombies who cannot communicate.
What is it? Do I smell? Am I hideously ugly with open festering sores upon my face? Breath like a rotting arse?
May as well be.

Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

zombies on bikes Empty Re: zombies on bikes

Post  gus Sun 09 Apr 2017, 6:03 pm

WE flew back from Tasi and caught  the train from the airport to Sunshine Coast .  It was two complete opposites . Tasi was Hi ,have a good holiday ?  to
a train carriage of the most unhappy looking people ever .No body talked to anyone . Carol and I started playing "guess the next station " (we had no idea )
I think we pissed them off more because we were actually having a good time .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 09 Apr 2017, 6:05 pm

Ironman wrote:
Has the age of chatting to strangers with similar interests in public areas come to an end?

Thankfully I experienced the opposite all over Vic, NSW and Qld the past 3 weeks, every time I stopped there was someone wanting to know where I was from, where I was going, what I was riding etc, etc, it didn't seem to matter what they rode either. Once some of them found out I was over 2000km from home they wanted to know even more.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Chalkie Sun 09 Apr 2017, 7:11 pm

My thoughts are that as bikes have become more popular and mobile phones have arrived the sense of community among bike riders has largely gone. I keep nodding on the road and chatting at stops in the hope that once was might come back.
Chalkie
Chalkie

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 10 Apr 2017, 4:38 pm

Yeah seems to be a dying gesture. I noticed while Chook and I were on our way to Sydney I'd give a nod or a wave to an oncoming rider and get some blank look in return, like they had no idea! New age riders maybe?
But I guess that is the way it is now, nobody GAF about anyone else, particularly on the road.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 11 Apr 2017, 9:04 am

Mt Glorious is also so heavily populated with bikes ,its like nodding to every bike at the Moto Gp . It isn't going to happen .
Out in the middle of no-where ,it should .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down