Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic

+2
paul
meggens85
6 posters

Go down

Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic  Empty Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic

Post  meggens85 Mon 14 Nov 2016, 5:44 pm

These bandit rears are starting to be painful had 2 punctures in pretty much 2 months nearly $300 for the first one an $200 for this one thankfully i think the guys felt sorry for me and gave me a good discount on this one  Sad Sad but still hurts leading up to xmas
meggens85
meggens85

Back to top Go down

Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic  Empty Re: Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic

Post  paul Mon 14 Nov 2016, 6:36 pm

The offending puncture causer is usually flicked up into the path of the rear tyre by the front tyre . What you need to do is teach your front and rear tyres to get along better & play nicely  Razz Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic  Empty Re: Are we sure bandit tyres arent magnetic

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 14 Nov 2016, 6:52 pm

Mate - some of us are just unlucky - I've had 30+ punctures in 4WDing over the past 15 years, but (good news) just one puncture on the Bandit since 2010). Didn't matter what tyres I used or who I was with - we got the fecking punctures!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 14 Nov 2016, 8:31 pm

meggens85 wrote:These bandit rears are starting to be painful had 2 punctures in pretty much 2 months nearly $300 for the first one an $200 for this one thankfully i think the guys felt sorry for me and gave me a good discount on this one  Sad Sad but still hurts leading up to xmas

Are you replacing the tyres because of the puncture? 
I have had punctures and repaired with plugs from puncture kit. Not recommended as a long term fix, but they will get you home. 
After getting a nail in a brand new tyre, I had a patch type plug fitted by shop. $30. 
I thought that was a bit expensive, for what it was. So the next time I thought I'd do it myself. 
I now remove tyre from rim, rough up the inside and patch it using bicycle puncture patch. Haven't had one fail yet. 
I have enough patches in a $3 kit I bought from.cheap shop, to last me a lifetime. 8-)

Back to top Go down

Post  meggens85 Mon 14 Nov 2016, 11:01 pm

Tried to get the tyre repaired at the shop but they told me the hole wad to close to the side wall to patch it up on the inside 
Gonna buy a plug kit for next time and hopefully i wont need to use it i was just lucky the screw i picked up held pressure till i got home
meggens85
meggens85

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:56 pm

Bloody screws, they come out of tradies utes.
I had a roofing screw in mine a few years ago. Patched with a liquorice type plug then eventually when that failed a proper mushroom plug, I think it was about $25

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Wed 16 Nov 2016, 9:12 am

madmax wrote:Bloody screws, they come out of tradies utes.

Yep,and Mazda BT50's are the worst of the lot for that.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down