Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :)

+9
buelllord
Ewok1958
Cameron
2wheelsagain
Re-Cycled
whitey1
Reardo
dhula
reddog
13 posters

Go down

Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :) Empty Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :)

Post  reddog Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

G'day all,
The lads that follow our post on Perth Street bikes told me to come and join you lot.

I live in the Southwest corner of WA and own a 2007 1250 Silver ABS. Picked up 30 October 2007 and was probably one of the first to fit a PC3 and dyno the Bandit other than just buying gear from Dale Walker. The Bike is very similar to Buellords with Arrow race headers and all the normal mods. Previous dyno gave 127HP and 98ft/lb torque. The bike had 25000 on the clock and is a pleasure to ride. It's nice to have sports bike riders admire how hard the 1250 can be ridden, obviously on the track it's no match, but on the road it'll keep up with most bikes out there.

Currently have an 09 DRZ400E in the shed along with a RM80 for the wife a newly rebuilt XR50R for my 1 year old son and an old Honda 200 Auto Ag in the corner of the shed waiting for me to finish rebuilding it.

Would love to start having a couple of meet and greets for the WA crew at some stage after a few rides in the twisties.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :) Empty Re: Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :)

Post  dhula Mon 27 Sep 2010, 11:18 pm

welcome to the aus bandit forum reddog
there are a few wa people over here and the list is slowly growing.

i too am wanting to have a wa bandits meet and greet sometime soon but i have to wait till i can see properly before i get back on the bike.

did you eva get the hugger fitted?

dhula

Back to top Go down

Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :) Empty Re: Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :)

Post  Reardo Tue 28 Sep 2010, 6:54 am

Welcome mate, watch out for Cameron on here, he always gets around naked Laughing

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:27 am

Welcome Reddog, be good to have your input here.
Nothing wrong with being naked either! Laughing
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 28 Sep 2010, 9:01 am

Welcome Reddog,

It's good to see there are quite a few of you in WA now, I don't know the area so I don't know how far apart you are, hopefully you can have a get-together especially if twisties are involved. Twisted Evil

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 28 Sep 2010, 9:44 am

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Dhula: I have the hugger still in the plastic mate, my sons XR50R rebuild had first priority, that one is something I'll be working on hopefully soon.

As for where we live, it shouldn't matter too much, as you all know Bandit riders aren't posers and are always keen to ride whatever distance to find the twisties Smile

I don't get out for a ride every weekend these days, but will try and post up a few rides soon. Hope to meet some of you WA Bandito's in the flesh at some stage, so far have met Buellord a few times at Ye Olde Quindanning Inne. Unfortuantely he keeps bringing the tractor instead of the Bandit Smile

Buellord plans rides down south very regularly, so for any of you wanting to ride some good roads from Perth down you should probably join him on one of his runs. I'm sure he won't mind a few more guys joining him.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 28 Sep 2010, 10:57 am

Welcome reddog. I hope to ride west one day (and east a bit after lol)
Are shorts and singlet still the standard riding attire in WA?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:15 pm

Welcome mate. good to have you on board.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 28 Sep 2010, 7:17 pm

Welcome reddog,

I know what you mean about old Hondas - I've got an XL185s that is still a good runner despite being 27 years old.

Regards.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Tue 28 Sep 2010, 8:36 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Welcome reddog,

I know what you mean about old Hondas - I've got an XL185s that is still a good runner despite being 27 years old.

Regards.
Oh wow. That just brought a whole pile of memories flooding back! That was the first bike I owned. Thrashed the crap out of it and it never stopped. 1981 model I think it was. Was about 1988 when I got it and rode it for about 2 years before upgrading to a 1985 XL 600.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  buelllord Tue 28 Sep 2010, 9:32 pm

Gday country boy
buelllord
buelllord

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpa Wed 29 Sep 2010, 12:12 pm

Hi Reddog
Another bandit in WA.
Will have to catch up sometime.

chirpa

Back to top Go down

Post  buelllord Wed 29 Sep 2010, 12:32 pm

It's now obvious that they are not fussy as to whom they will let join ..................... lol!

Yours sincerely, buelllord
buelllord
buelllord

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 29 Sep 2010, 2:52 pm

@buellord: cheeky bugger.. not everyone has a bike for every forum hahaha

Yeah we'll have to sort out a meet and greet now the weathers coming good. As for shorts and thongs as WA riding attire, it appears it still may be the case. Just a couple of weeks ago I rode with a bunch of Harley's on a charity ride (only for a bit, they were too slow and the ride was boring straight up the highway). One guy was wearing those croc clog thingo's. But he had a set of flash socks underneath Very Happy

I don't stop people coming on rides with bugger all riding gear, I normally have a yarn over lunch and ask if they've been down the road yet.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 29 Sep 2010, 3:47 pm

reddog wrote:@buellord: cheeky bugger.. not everyone has a bike for every forum hahaha
Laughing Very Happy lol! I'm not saying a think lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Gday lads, decided to join the Bandit club :) Empty Hi Reddog

Post  Big Al Wed 29 Sep 2010, 6:42 pm

Gday n Welcome !
I still havent got passed the naked Cameron! Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 29 Sep 2010, 6:50 pm

hello & welcome Reddog Very Happy

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  solerida Fri 01 Oct 2010, 4:08 pm

Hey there Reddog,

Glad to see you and some others on board!
Read a couple of your posts on other forums, great stuff Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 01 Oct 2010, 9:07 pm

I posted up on Perthstreetbikes and they all joined up Smile easily swayed for sure haha. Cheers, hope you enjoyed the posts, I really enjoy working on the bike and sharing ideas and upgrade advice etc is all part of the idea of being on forums. I;m still surprised people are still buying Dale walkers fuelling box after owning the PC3 for just about 3 years.

Nothing like sharing experiences with like minded people. The Bandit has been an awesome bike so far and I must say it can keep it's own out in the twisties. I think I have pretty much finished spending money on mine, anymore and I may as well go and buy a Hayabusa Smile Can't quite come to terms with the look of the Busa... although if the new one was available in '07 when I was looking I would have been pretty tempted. At the time the last of the gen 1's was available with rumour of the new bike.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down