Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

silly fuel gauge.

4 posters

Go down

silly fuel gauge. Empty silly fuel gauge.

Post  oli70 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 7:53 am

Hi.Have 2011 1250 with 36000km.last few month my fuel gauge has been playing silly buggers.one minute it shows full then empty,then half full then the last flashing icon runs from left to right.taken tank up and checked all plugs,fuelsender,etc.got me buggered.any clues?

oli70

Back to top Go down

silly fuel gauge. Empty Re: silly fuel gauge.

Post  paul Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:57 am

sorry ,that's a new one on me ............( something electrical maybe  Laughing )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:24 am

Sounds like there maybe something interfering with the float. When you get the tank near empty ( I know that will be hard to judge ) take it off and take out the float.

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

Beaut.sounds like the plan.Thanks Hammy.job for next weekend.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Thu 03 Dec 2015, 5:34 pm

Just a quick update on wacky fuel gauge.filled up the other day and decided to give bike a good shake to see what swaying fuel level would do to gauge.gauge went to normal and has been for past 400ks.probably just needed to shake some sense into the dodgy float or so.Talk about an easy fix.Will see for how long.am wrapped for now.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:46 pm

Ohhh noooo!its doing it again.so tonight took the tank of,checked fuel level gauge,float,pump,etc.everything seems fine.have new fuel level gauge on order.mechanic just looked at me like a stunned mullet when i explained.yeah nothing new there.will wait till it turns up and shall bung it in and see how that goes.ohh and 120 bucks for the part.thieving c#*?s.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 9:46 pm

Ok,not happy!put in new fuel level gauge in tank.fuckin not good.rode up the road for 5 and it showed the right fuel level for 2 minutes then,bang.same bloody story fuel icon running from left to right.part has cost me 120bucks and did sweet bugger all.only takes 5minutes to install but this is giving me the shits.never had this on any bandit or come to think of it on any bike.so the first time in 30 years of riding iam puzzled and scratching my head.will still check all fuses in morning but doubt that theres a problem.What puzzles me is that gauge has same symptoms as when you decouple the wiring harness under tank.Fuck! I need help.free carton for solution.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 9:56 pm

oli70 wrote:...What puzzles me is that gauge has same symptoms as when you decouple the wiring harness under tank...

That suggests to me there is an intermittent connection somewhere that is rattling about, sometimes connecting and sometimes not. Maybe it's in that very connector you mention under the tank.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  oli70 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:24 pm

Thanks Ewok!will try and test those connections.should give the new level gauge back.and buy 2 cartons instead,cause it did nothing.

oli70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down