Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts?

+5
Chook
2wheelsagain
reddog
Dekenai
SolomonKane
9 posters

Go down

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts? Empty Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts?

Post  SolomonKane Thu 10 Apr 2014, 6:05 am

I'm currently researching Oil Drain Valves and Brake/Clutch Bleeder Valves.  If you have any information and/or feedback please let me know.

Oil Drain Valves

I've located and contacted the following manufacturers asking for more information.

EzOil Drain: USD$23.95

Fumoto: AUD$35

Stahlbus: USD$54.95

Thomas Modlmeier at Stahlbus is offering to pay the shipping to my address if 10 or more Oil Drain Valves or 4 or more sets of Bleeder Valves are bought. Waiting on replies from the other two brands and have yet to do a comparison regarding quality and design.

Brake/Clutch Bleeder Valves

Only manufacturer of a specialized version of this that I've managed to locate so far is Stahlbus: USD$35.

Innovative quick bleeder valve for a safe, clean and quick bleeding and filling of hydraulic brakes and clutches of all vehicles. Unassisted single-hand operation. Particularly suited for substituting rubber hoses by stainless steel overbraided brake hoses (Stahlflex). CNC precision turned part made of nickel-plated steel for substitution of the conventional bleeding nipple.

I see a lot of advantages in the Oil Drain Valve, not only avoiding the risk of stripping the sump plug. For the price the Brake/Clutch Bleeder Valve seems to also offer good value. I am very interested in reading the views of some of you who have far more mechanical knowledge and experience in this area.

http://www.stahlbus-us.com/

http://fumoto.com.au/

http://www.ezoildrainvalve.com/
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts? Empty Re: Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts?

Post  Dekenai Thu 10 Apr 2014, 7:34 am

like the bleeders but I can't honestly say I find unscrewing an oil drain once a year that onerus.  Took years but i have finally learned that you need to keep 'up' pressure on the drain bolt until fully un-threaded so it doesn't plop into the drain pan with a splash of hot oil.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts? Empty Re: Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts?

Post  reddog Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

I've used fumoto in the past on vehicles, but they all had sump guards. On a bike there is aa chance it'll snag on something, so not so keen. Really great idea for cars though.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

Good idea but I'll pass.
I'd be interested in a couple of sets of quality right angle tyre valves though Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 10 Apr 2014, 4:05 pm

I dont like having anything hanging any lower than absolutely required on any sump, too easy to break off if it's hit.
As for the bleed screws, I've got a one man bleed hose with a simillar type spring loaded vlave on the end of a hose, that works really well and cost about $5-00 more than 15 years ago.
I'm with 2wheelsagain on the quality right angle tyre valve though, they'd make life a whole lot easier
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 10 Apr 2014, 4:16 pm

I got this from Pashnit  a while ago, it's about US$10.  

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts? 23310

However, it's not suppose to stay on the bike, only for checking the pressure, here is a reprint of their warning note:
*Note: These extensions are only meant to be used while inflating the tire, they should not remain on the tire. If you leave the extension on the tire it will cause an unbalanced condition, it may damage the valve stem, and it may cause sudden loss of tire pressure!

Oil Drain Valves & Clutch/Brake Valves - Thoughts? Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Thu 10 Apr 2014, 5:36 pm

It can too.  I have had it (broken valve stem) happen - rear.  All good, apart from the "I have a tyre repair kit, but I can't fix this one", and associated stuffing around to get underway again.  

These things have their place as a make-do solution for the wrong valve stems on your bike.  A temporary condition that will go away with your next change of rubber.  

I carry one in the pocket, fit it only to test or inflate, then remove.

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:35 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:Good idea but I'll pass.
I'd be interested in a couple of sets of quality right angle tyre valves though Smile

These are the ones I've got link
They seem to be behaving themselves so far

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 10 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

madmax wrote:

Thanks Brian. I've been cautious of cheap eBay ones because I'd hate for the things to leak!
How long have yours been on?
I assume you got the 11mm ones Laughing

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 10 Apr 2014, 11:18 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:

Thanks Brian. I've been cautious of cheap eBay ones because I'd hate for the things to leak!

Yes 11mm

I got mine on when I put the PR3s on, just before Christmas 2012. You still need to be mindful of checking your tyre pressures. However I don't think mine are going down any quicker than before.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 11 Apr 2014, 6:44 am

madmax wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:

Yes 11mm

I got mine on when I put the PR3s on, just before Christmas 2012. You still need to be mindful of checking your tyre pressures. However I don't think mine are going down any quicker than before.

Thanks mate. Excellent news. They'll do me.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 11 Apr 2014, 7:34 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
madmax wrote:

Yes 11mm

Thanks mate. Excellent news. They'll do me.

And They're on sale at the moment.  Save $2.  Yippee.  I'm getting a pair to. Sick of petrol station pumps not suitable for bikes.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down