Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts

+4
Corsa79
Boatz
CI3000
SolomonKane
8 posters

Go down

Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts Empty Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts

Post  SolomonKane Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:41 am

Thinking of getting these adjustable footpegs.

Apparently they come with lightening!  Shocked 

Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts <a href=Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts Mcmoto12" />

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Shadow-Front-Adjustable-Footpegs-25mm-for-Suzuki-GSF-1250-Bandit-07-13-/400655042583?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d48e6c817
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts Empty Re: Adjustable Footpegs MC Motorparts

Post  CI3000 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:48 am

Is that because when you open the box you get a shock? 

;-)

CI3000

Back to top Go down

Post  SolomonKane Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:40 pm

Brilliant! That really brightened my work day.  Wink
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:11 pm

I have been looking at these as well. After the purchase of a holeshot corbin seat my peg position if different. Will see how I go on the Drake ride to I decide if I need to purchase some.  If so, the 360 deg adjustment of these should allow to obtain the right position.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  SolomonKane Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:39 pm

If I don't come across any negative feedback about them will definitely order them.

The rubber going on the left footpeg is what prompted me to look for replacement pegs but had no idea at the time that these existed.

I find the stock pegs just a touch too high for me. After a few hours riding I usually start getting twinges of knee pain. Hoping the adjustable ones will give me just the right length and interested to see if what they claim is true, that they actually improve the riding position overall.

I'll report back let you know what they're like.
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:56 pm

Hi how are you going? I just a caution not I I done about 3 thousand kms when I got the bike with the seat at highest position and seat pegs standard I found the seat quite comfortable but just had legs getting tender after 2 hours as I do long distance. I spun the pegs around so they where aprox 2 inches lower and found the inside of my legs and sort of but got very sore and it didn't matter how long I stoped it only took about 15min to get sore again. Being able to get fine adjustment with them might be able to get the balance right. I put mine back to original as I got use to the bike enough now that I do the old stand and ride to give legs a break least they come right again not like my butt lol. Im 6"2 on a gsf1250s. Be quite interested to hear what you think of them
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:59 pm

Hi how are you going? I just a caution not I I done about 3 thousand kms when I got the bike with the seat at highest position and seat pegs standard I found the seat quite comfortable but just had legs getting tender after 2 hours as I do long distance. I spun the pegs around so they where aprox 2 inches lower and found the inside of my legs and sort of but got very sore and it didn't matter how long I stoped it only took about 15min to get sore again. Being able to get fine adjustment with them might be able to get the balance right. I put mine back to original as I got use to the bike enough now that I do the old stand and ride to give legs a break least they come right again not like my butt lol. Im 6"2 on a gsf1250s. Be quite interested to hear what you think of them
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  SolomonKane Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:24 pm

I'm on a GSF1250s too but I'm 5'8. Rare I can ever put my left foot flat to the ground, usually have my heels just off the ground. Hate it when there's an exaggerated slope, then it's ballerina time.

Not sure I've got this right but what you're saying is that you've turned the stock pegs upside down, not that you've tried these adjustable pegs, correct?
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:29 pm

Yes that's true these adjustable might be good as im a big bloke size wise not just tall these might be better as having to low just put to much pressure on the inside leg and butt( best way I can explain it ).
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:31 am

I too have looked at these. One word of advice. When you find the right position for the pegs, I would locktight the adjusting screws for peace of mind.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Wed 26 Feb 2014, 9:58 am

Hey SK, have you tried putting the seat up to the high position for your longer rides? That might work. Altho, at 5'8, you may have probs getting both feet on the ground. I'm 5'11, & put the seat up for long rides, & lower it for daily duties

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  SolomonKane Sat 08 Mar 2014, 3:01 pm

Changing the seat sounds like a good idea, might try that. As for using Locktight on the screws, wouldn't have it any other way.

Ordered a set and they're on the way. Will report back when I've installed and tried them.
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Post  spanna Fri 11 Apr 2014, 2:53 pm

I purchased the 40mm extensions for pillion the photo is deceiving, the pegs are only 75mm long & 200mm diameter. They really look quite small compared to stock pegs. Your foot would need to sit hard up against the case.
There ok for pillion but IMO no go for rider. FYI dont need to use locktite as they will not spin they have 2 roll pins per side.
spanna
spanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:27 pm

They look cool.

Ho do they go vibration wise?

Do they wear away the sole of your boot with no rubber pad?

Back to top Go down

Post  spanna Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:36 pm

The pillion has not complained about vibration, her only complaint is her boot grips on them too much.
Too early to tell if they will wear away at boots but they are alum so the sharp edges will wear I think.
spanna
spanna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down