Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road kill.

2 posters

Go down

Road kill. Empty Road kill.

Post  Bosco15 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 10:07 pm

Took an overnight spin to Mudgee, via Bylong Valley Way from Newcastle, on Saturday.  
Great ride, despite waking to a flat rear tyre,  but did notice a lot of road kill. 
I think, but don't know for a fact, that the responsible authorities used to routinely collect the dead animals as they were traffic hazards.  I used to see fresh roos and wombats,  but never rotting carcasses.  Now, the roads seem littered with bodies in various states of decay from fresh to bleached bones. 
Does anyone know anything about roadkill?  Which authority is responsible for clean up?  Has, as I suspect,  this service been suspended,  like many others,  due to budget cuts?  Has anybody else noticed an increase in road hazards caused by dead animals being left to rot? 
I didn't run over any, but it was a piece of bone that I pulled out of my tyre on Sunday morning.

Back to top Go down

Road kill. Empty Re: Road kill.

Post  reddog Sun 02 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm

I don't know about Authorities responsible, but if you hit an animal and you aren't hurt too bad then go and finish it off if its maimed and pull it off the road. Always make sure you are in a safe position to do so obviously.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down