Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot performance

+5
gus
TropoBone
Ewok1958
Jimcoleman
jeeringjason72
9 posters

Go down

Holeshot performance Empty Holeshot performance

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

Hello all 
has anyone tried holeshot performance's products at holeshot.com? The stage 1 TFI tune on their 1250 in particular? I'm wondering if its a good solution to the low down throttle response, (very abrupt, and jerky from 1mm to the next) on my 1027km old 2013 sa model to the point of having to trail throttle and break and sometimes clutch to smoothly negotiate a tight roundabout. Sheeeeshus, lucky us old school riders know how to instinctively ride around a bikes misgivings! Im mean cars have had FI sorted for years now whats the bloody deal? Any way I just want a smooth throttle response and to retain a good tank range. 
Thanks for any advice on this guys.
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Holeshot performance Empty Re: Holeshot performance

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

Sounds like a warranty problem, take it back and let the dealer sort it out
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm

Yep, already contacted the dealership that bought it from (not nearby I'm afraid) and they suggested that I get the throttle bodies balanced, at my own expense, and IF they where very far out, with documented proof, then they MAY help me out. Evil or Very Mad (Hervey bay, sunstate motorcycles QLD).
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

Agree with Jim - the bike is new and the indications are that they haven't done all they could to prep it properly.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:49 pm

yeah I CONTACTED THE DEALERFUCKENSHIP....Fucken cunts told me to get the throttle bodies balanced and to fix it at my own expense and then went on blah blahing about how his cb is the same and thats just how they are these days blah fucken blah FUCK THEM USELESS DICKHEADS!
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

I suggest a chat with suzuki customer support and indicate under the warranty arrangement that you entered into when you bought the bike that if the throttle bodies need balancing then you expect it to be fixed, under warranty and i suggest that if they wish to waste your time furhter that a chat with fair trading or who ever looks after consumer law in queensland and let them discuss it with the dealer. The bike is brand new they are obliged to fix it, this comment that how they are now is BULLSHIT,

I sold new cars for 12 years, and believe me your bike is covered
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  TropoBone Sat 01 Feb 2014, 3:13 am

Disappointing to hear you are not being looked after.
Bear in mind, it is a Suzuki warranty, not a dealership warranty, on your new bike.
Any of these dealers near you?
http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/dealers/Queensland/Regional.html
My first bike was a brand new 1986 Kwaka GPz250. Cutting out at mid to high rpm, only 500k on the clock. The dealer south of where I lived that sold it to me was hopeless. Wanted to charge me for a valve adjustment. The Kawasaki dealer in the city took 10 seconds to work out it was a dicky side stand cutout switch. Fixed. Under warranty. Free. The Kawasaki dealer in the city got most of my bike $$$ for years after that. Smile  The southern dealership... nada. Evil or Very Mad 
Take it somewhere that respects your custom.

Staintune pipe. 
Michelin Pilot 2 front and rear
Ventura rack and bag, Kappa K33N panniers.
Racetech gold valves and fork springs.
TropoBone
TropoBone

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:02 am

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your misfortune , I went though the exact same symptoms  from my bike bought from Sunstate .
It was like an  ON - OFF switch  on tiny throttle openings .
A member here (Holdenman -Gympie )kindly did the adjustment  that SUNSTATE SHOULD HAVE DONE and transformed the bike .
I now own the gauges to do the job myself if that any help .
Sunstate -good deals on bikes , then service it yourself .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:43 pm

jeeringjason72 wrote:G. all 
has anyone tried holeshot performance's products at holeshot.com? The stage 1 TFI tune on their 1250 in particular? I'm wondering if its a good solution to the low down throttle response, (very abrupt, and jerky from 1mm to the next) on my 1027km old 2013 sa model to the point of having to trail throttle and break and sometimes clutch to smoothly negotiate a tight roundabout. Sheeeeshus, lucky us old school riders know how to instinctively ride around a bikes misgivings! Im mean cars have had FI sorted for years now whats the bloody deal? Any way I just want a smooth throttle response and to retain a good tank range. 
Thanks for any advice on this guys.
My bike did similar things.  At low speed it snatched at the chain and was bloody annoying.  I started with Holeshot Stage 1, but stage 2 is much better and the same cost as all you do is open the airbox more and remove the secondaries.  You don't need either for smooth running.  Balancing the TBs does it, and the Holeshot setup will void your warranty.  Having said that, once out of warranty, go for it.  Try at least 25 more Horsepower for size!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm

As everyone else has pointed out I would be on to Suzuki about the issue and then taking it to another dealer for the WARRANTY fix

however once that is sorted out I can vouch for the Holeshot setup. I love the way my FA handles especially after I pulled the secondaries. Dale is a great guy and always happy to charr on the phone or answer emails.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 8:43 am

Took the bike to Rosenberg's suzuki Rockhampton yesterday to get the throttle bodies checked/balanced, first was told to leave it and come back in maybe 2-3 hours so I asked how much would this check cost, was told anything between $150-$250, asked how this check would be done, was told of plugging in some generic diagnostic tool, as a  manometer is "no good anyway we don't have one and haven't used one for years!" so I said no thanks and road off, fuck me why is it so fucken hard for Queenslanders to not be fucktards? I give up, I'll just buy a Morgan carb tune and do it myself. The service manager also informed me that if I wanted my throttle body balance to be done under warranty that they would have to check the bike and then make an application to suzuki to proceed with the adjustments if very far out, perhaps, at a later date.  scratch Sorry to all non fucktarded Queenslanders, but it does appear your being outnumbered!
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 07 Feb 2014, 6:26 pm

Ring Suzuki Australia & lodge a complaint , you shouldn't have to put up with crap from their representatives .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Holeshot performance Empty Stage 1 TFI tune on its way

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

Very Happy Dale got back to me with my stage 1 TFI tune parts, can't wait to get my hands on them if I have any major warranty problems I'll just return it to stock before I hand it over to be fixed Rolling Eyes anyway anyone got a used 1250 airbox lid for sale?  Razz

Holeshot.com bandit 1250 stage 2 modifications, with Delkevic headers
             Twisted Evil WOW Twisted Evil  
...goodbye licence...
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:35 pm

jeeringjason72 wrote: anyway anyone got a used 1250 airbox lid for sale?  Razz

They're pretty cheap direct from the Suzuki Dealers - I think I paid about $30 about 2 years ago.

Holeshot performance Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down