Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I May Have Found A Replacement !

+15
Jimmy the Boy
Bosco15
mtbeerwah
Ross.
Boatz
Kiwisteve
reddog
madmax
Jimcoleman
Re-Cycled
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
paul
gus
Hammy
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 3 Empty I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  Hammy Fri 27 Dec 2013, 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

affraid  affraid  affraid   I may have found a replacement for the  Sad  Sad  Bandit.   Watch this space.... Shocked
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 3 Empty Re: I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  Ross. Sun 29 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm

All that's left to do on the Speedy is fit a set of progressive shocks when they get here from the USA next week. Then I am done. 

This will free money up to get the Bandit to a saleable place. Sell that and either buy an old harley from the USA to chop or get my 450 Honda up and running. 

My parents said he a motorcycle when I was a teenager. Cheap transport they said. Ha! 35 years a late and 16 motorcycles in that time they ain't cheap. But I love em.

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 3 Empty Re: I May Have Found A Replacement !

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:17 pm

your going totally against the grain and getting a CR 500 and turning it to a motard!

https://youtu.be/fkFtZ0tNwhI
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:38 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:your going totally against the grain and getting a CR 500 and turning it to a motard!

https://youtu.be/fkFtZ0tNwhI

My partners last job in the US was the export clerk for Service Honda. The mob who are still building the CR500 under license to Honda (AF500) She shipped plenty to Aust. All I got were a few Service Honda tshirts Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:51 pm

a new bandit,yes?
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 29 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

Going the gsx hammy good choice
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 29 Dec 2013, 7:27 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:Going the gsx hammy good choice

Read a few posts earlier  Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:14 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
My partners last job in the US was the export clerk for Service Honda.  The mob who are still building the CR500 under license to Honda (AF500) She shipped plenty to Aust.  All I got were a few Service Honda tshirts Laughing
still being made...yeah..I thought they were dead and buried.

As much as I`d like one, after riding one back in 98, I`ll never get back on one, unless its got a 6ft swing arm,

but on the other hand, sticking that  motor into a project, and not necessarily a bike, has appeal.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 29 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
My partners last job in the US was the export clerk for Service Honda.  The mob who are still building the CR500 under license to Honda (AF500) She shipped plenty to Aust.  All I got were a few Service Honda tshirts Laughing
still being made...yeah..I thought they were dead and buried.

As much as I`d like one, after riding one back in 98, I`ll never get back on one, unless its got a 6ft swing arm,

but on the other hand, sticking that  motor into a project, and not necessarily a bike, has appeal.

They slso do a KX500 version too for those addicted to green Wink

http://www.servicehonda.com

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:53 am

Well I'm off for a geek and a test ride this morning.   bounce    Never ridin one before so it will be interesting.  The ride , the feel, the possibility, will all be the clincher. I have mixed emotions. I don't want or need more than one bike.  Just my impulsive nature I guess.  Will let you know.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:58 am

Hammy wrote:Well I'm off for a geek and a test ride this morning.   bounce    Never ridin one before so it will be interesting.  The ride , the feel, the possibility, will all be the clincher. I have mixed emotions. I don't want or need more than one bike.  Just my impulsive nature I guess.  Will let you know.
I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 3 2075972_orig

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:08 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:Well I'm off for a geek and a test ride this morning.   bounce    Never ridin one before so it will be interesting.  The ride , the feel, the possibility, will all be the clincher. I have mixed emotions. I don't want or need more than one bike.  Just my impulsive nature I guess.  Will let you know.
I May Have Found A Replacement ! - Page 3 2075972_orig

No,  not a Honda Elsoneeyore
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 30 Dec 2013, 1:46 pm

Drunk goes into a bar , mumbles to bartender ," get me a beer donkey ".
Gets his beer and stagers off .
A Gentleman sitting at the bar says to the bartender " gee , calling you donkey isn't very nice .
Bartender replies " he haw ,he haw , he always calls me that ".
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:28 pm

I think Hammy must have bought a postie bike , & it's taking him a lot longer to get home  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

No Paul. Jan has three postie bikes all ready. But.  I have done the deed. The test ride sealed the fate. I am soon to be.   The owner of.   A........................  Yamaha.............M..........T...........0............1   Very Happy 
Sorry to have to say it. But the Bandit will be going.  I have sung the praises of the Bandit both here and to almost everyone I talk bikes to.  They are a great bike.  In their own way.  An MT-01 is certainly a long way from a Bandit ( in what sort of bike you ride ), but, I just wanted to experience something completely different. And. That is what has caught my eye. And ear. And arm sockets. It's torque on a different scale. I dealt with the owner of the Yamaha shop, who had owned an MT-01 .  Then sold it when the newest V-Max came out.  He said he regreeted it and that the V-Max was not as good as the MT. Because the MT could handle as well.  It proved that to me today. What a beautiful front end. I pushed it and bumps that would have made the Bandit skip just flattened out. Smooth as silk.  Brakes !. No ABS. But who needs that. They are super. Lots of feedback. Both front and rear.  Engine.  What can I say. 1.7 litres of stump pulling, tyre shreading, arm wrenching, short shifting ( that is fun ), in your face power. On tap. It's not a cruiser. It's not a sports bike. Some people probably find it ugly. But it has stired something in me that sez go and f n ride that son of a bitch and enjoy it while you still can.   Did I mention the pipes ?  They have been worked. It sounds fn awesome just idling. Can get a little loud if you give it some. And the pairs has not been blocked off. Yet.  I am going to enjoy this new toy. Just as much as I have with my two Bandits.  They both left me in better shape than when I found them. I hope I can do the same with the MT.
So that brings me onto a different subject.  When I sever ties with my beloved Bandit. Do I have to sever the ties with the wonderful people that I have come to know. And care about. On this forum. I will miss this forum like I have lost a dear friend. It has become like a drug to me. Check in every day just to see what is new.  Don't worry. I'm still going to Drake in feb/march. Wild horses wouldn't stop that.  Maybe Cam can create an Ex Bandit owners section for traitors like me. ??  Anyway. We all share the same thing. That love that only us riders know about when we throw a leg over a bike . And the brother/sistership that comes with it.

Love you all.  Stay safe.

Hammy.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:34 pm

Good one Hammy.
Im happy because now someone has a lesser fuel range than me Laughing

I love them and could own one as a toy.

Stick around here as long as you like.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:52 pm

congratulations , life is all about change , or it becomes routine . Glad you have what you want ........enjoy !
There are quite a few on here with different bikes , including our esteemed leader , so I fail to see why you can't stay .............we might have to call it  SBA  &  others soon though  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:58 pm

Its funny how we love the Bandit but finish up on VTwins given half a chance.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 31 Dec 2013, 1:21 am

Congrats on the new bike Hammy. I assume we will see it in March.

As no one else has been thrown off the forum, why should you?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 31 Dec 2013, 6:02 am

Thanks Guys.  Yes MM. That's if there is enough petrol stations to get me there.  lol!   15 Lt tank. About 200ks if ya lucky.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 6:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hjz0l19WIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QbYOcoALM

A couple of vids of Peter Rose. A member of the Sv forum who shows how well the MT01 can handle with a bit kf suspension tuning.  
Congrats on the new ride. Can't wait to see and hear her at Drake.

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 31 Dec 2013, 7:31 am

I love those things and have often though " maybe ".
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 31 Dec 2013, 7:33 am

gus wrote:I love those things and have often though " maybe ".

Gus.  If you need a paddock ploughed, just give me a call.    Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 31 Dec 2013, 7:59 am

Ewok1958 wrote:MT01?  But seriously Hammy, couldn't you find a suitable Duc(k)?   

And please, don't tell me you're a cutlet man.   affraid

There ya go!!  Congrats mate.  With a bit of right wrist she'll be "MT" alright!  cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 31 Dec 2013, 8:07 am

Ewok1958 wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:MT01?  But seriously Hammy, couldn't you find a suitable Duc(k)?   

And please, don't tell me you're a cutlet man.   affraid

There ya go!!  Congrats mate.  With a bit of right wrist she'll be "MT" alright!  cheers

Laughing  Laughing   Good one.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Tue 31 Dec 2013, 10:21 am

well done on the bike mate,i think they can look allright,especially with the exhaust done..they sound nice like most v twins
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next