Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oggy knob crash bars

3 posters

Go down

Oggy knob crash bars Empty Oggy knob crash bars

Post  Truck bandit Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:25 am

I spoken about these in other topic and in General Business but I thought i'd put it up in the Product reviews.

The OGGY crash knobs and bar system works fantastically and has protected the engine, fairing and exhaust when I dropped the bike whilst stationary.

They were strong, didn't bend, scratched little and have come up a treat after a quick sanding and painting over.

They design of them actually made it easier to pick the bike up from the horizontal.

They look quite large to start with (similar to the bars that stunt riders put on their bikes!) but they do tend to blend in nice after a couple of weeks.

It was money well spent as the repairs to engine casing/fairings etc would by far exceed the cost of the bars itself, 5 fold!!! 

There are other brands out there and they may be just as good or better, but the OGGY knobs I believe do their job well!

Back to top Go down

Oggy knob crash bars Empty Re: Oggy knob crash bars

Post  madmax Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:44 pm

Truck bandit wrote:

They look quite large to start with (similar to the bars that stunt riders put on their bikes!) but they do tend to blend in nice after a couple of weeks.

I thought the same when I put the R&G knobs on my GSX, bloody huge ugly things. Luckily they have grown on me, especially after my bike fell over Sad.
AFAIK the R&G set are the only set made for the GSX. You can probably fit the same Oggy knobs but you would need to cut the fairing, and who wants to do that!
They might have been expensive but as you said they have now paid for themselves.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Tue 03 Dec 2013, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the review guys. This is something I have been saving up for. Hopefully I don't drop it in the meantime. 

So, R&G fits without cutting and Oggy needs cutting. Fitting anything myself is a no no, so may get these done at the next service. Looks like they both serve the bike well and do the same job equally well as each other. I just no one day I'm likely to drop, so the money now is worth it in my mind.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:45 am

I'm not certain so don't take this as gospel, as far as I know Oggy knobs don't yet make a set for the GSX. 
Looking at the position of the oggies on a GSF  I think you would need to cut the fairing if you were to try and fit them to a GSX.

Only thing I can tell you for certain is that R&G do make a set for the GSX because that's what I've got on mine

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:33 am

Thanks madmax. Looks like it will be R&G for my GSX. Will have to wait til I have done the air box mod first though.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down