Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkevic Exhaust

+11
Dekenai
1wheeldrive
barry_mcki
watto110
madmax
Cal
geekay007
stu
Hammy
Sloth_27
SolomonKane
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Delkevic Exhaust  - Page 2 Empty Delkevic Exhaust

Post  SolomonKane Wed 07 Aug 2013, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

This morning I bought a Delkevic exhaust to replace the Suzuki OEM.

Originally I was going to buy Dingo’s 4 month old Delkevic exhaust but we were not able to source a downpipe. He only has the downpipe for the 1200.

Emailed Delkevic UK via their website last Friday night and received a reply well within the hour from their European Sales Representative Ron Thompson.  Delkevic no longer have an Australian office, hence the elusive down pipe for a 1250.

We exchanged quite a few emails regarding options and also identifying what model of exhaust Dingo has; turns out it’s the 450mm Oval. Ron said he could ship a downpipe to me from their China depot for £65 landed which is about $111 AUD; £25 for the downpipe and £40 shipping. He also offered me the option of buying a brand new Silencer Kit with the 450mm Stainless Oval Silencer. The landed price for that was £149.

Unfortunately for Dingo that was the more cost effective option for me. He very kindly let me off the hook and I ordered and paid for the new one early this morning. At the exchange rate at the time it should have ended up  being around $255 AUD, but PayPal savaged me on the rate bringing it to $266.04 AUD. Nonetheless, I think that’s still a great deal.

I have nothing but praise for Ron. Excellent communication and service all the way through. When I’ve installed it and taken a few test rides I’ll write a review about the exhaust itself. 

If you’re interested in a getting a Delkevic exhaust and have a 1200 it’s in excellent condition and Dingo’s a great guy to deal with; reliable, fair, and honest.

If you have a 1250 contact me ASAP! If I can catch Ron before my order ships I’ll see if he can add an extra down pipe. That way you might get free shipping if it doesn’t take the weight of the package into another category.

SK
SolomonKane
SolomonKane

Back to top Go down

Delkevic Exhaust  - Page 2 Empty Re: Delkevic Exhaust

Post  madmax Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

No seriously the only one to have is the Australian made all welded Staintune tongue

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  1wheeldrive Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:07 pm

My Storm has Stainys.
The Bandit will have.... not original elephant

Last edited by 1wheeldrive on Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Post  1wheeldrive Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:09 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Delkevic Exhaust  - Page 2 Xxx53_10

'nuff said!  But it might not pass the 'break the bank' test!   Very Happy

Love that belly pan. I love you  Where did that come from? Does it break the bank?

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:33 pm

The belly pan was a Banditmania unit from the UK.  But they have since restricted their focus to the air/oiled cooled Bandits so I don't think they stock them anymore.  Their postage to Oz was ridiculous but I knew a guy working in the UK and I got it mailed to his address and then repackaged and re-posted to me, saving a small fortune.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill & Ted Sun 05 Aug 2018, 6:06 pm

Fitted Delkevic headers today, love them.
Was amazed at the weight of the originals, reminded me of a car exhaust.  Can say that the delkevic headers are not a true 4 into 1 because there is a 200mm+ plate that separates 1 and 2 pipes from 3 and 4 in the collector so more of a hybrid setup, was a nice surprise.

Bill & Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2